What's new

[Oct 27, 2012] 9.95's 2nd 24 Hour Charity Stream! October 27th, 8am - October... (Phil's House!)

Noob
I have started to make plans with Phil for this. We just need to discuss where i pick up the train for when i leave, and i'll be good to go. I'm sure it won't be a problem. I'll make arrangements otherwise.

Looking forward to more guests announced. I already have one person that wants to play me on xbox. Let the games begin.
This whole thing is going to be so amazing.

This whole thing is going to be so amazing.
24 hours wont be enough to contain it. You will wish it was Saturday by the end.

I want to know, should i buy a PS2 controller converter for 360? Or do you (or Shock/Nit) have one i can use? Not sure if anyone had to play on a XBOX pad for the first charity event, but i think they did. I want this to be the best experience possible for everyone.

Thanks again for this, Phil.

Noob
24 hours wont be enough to contain it. You will wish it was Saturday by the end.

I want to know, should i buy a PS2 controller converter for 360? Or do you (or Shock/Nit) have one i can use? Not sure if anyone had to play on a XBOX pad for the first charity event, but i think they did. I want this to be the best experience possible for everyone.

I have the converters

styroteqe

Space Jockey

I have a pair of converters as well. I can supply some monitors too, and maybe bring my PS3. All depends on what time I make it out there now.

I could always drop the converters etc off beforehand.

Noob
UPDATE!!!
CHARITY STREAM DATE CHANGED TO
OCTOBER 27TH!

Ugh... Ok everyone... I TOTALLY goofed here... I mean.. screwed the pooch... crapped the bed... etc.

In my excitement and haste to do the charity stream, I didn't do the ONE THING I needed to do before officially scheduling and announcing it... I didn't check the dates to make sure that I wouldn't be scheduling it at the same time as another event.

As it turns out, T13 is the exact same weekend. REO, Maxter, Insuperable and others will all be there... and unfortunately, the three players I just mentioned were all going to be guests on the charity stream.

So, in the interest of having the best possible guests available, to have the best stream possible and to raise the most amount of money with them... The Charity Stream has been moved to October 27th!!!

Phil, take your time. Get VSM up and running and whenever you feel you are ready for the Charity Event, then do it. Just my 2 cents, bro. You know im here for ya.

27th it is. I'm there, and that's even better for me :)

Much appreciated on the converters @stryoteqe.

AK Vip3r

Ghost of Vip3r
I will be back for this. I really enjoyed this event last time and look forward to it again. I will be sure to donate again and I really hope we knock it out of the park by 2 or 3 times more than that $1,700 amount as well.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Oh snap 27th? Thought it was this weekend, glad I checked.

Goldi

Noob
Question, it was mentioned that since GGA is streaming an event on the same date that the two were working on something to help promote donations.

So, I'm wondering, is there anything I can do to help? I'll be visiting GGA on the date. And I'd love to support and promote the charity drive from there if I can.

I can play around in photoshop and try to make a banner thing with links to the stream channels and charities.... I'm a total newb, but I can probably make something simple that looks nice. Wear it in my signature until the 27th or something :)

Phil and GGA members, please don't hesitate to ask if there's anything I can do!

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
9.95 I will be viewing this from work most of the day, last year was great and look forward to supporting you through this one as well.

I look forward to watching the stream ALL DAY.

Goldi

Noob
The twitch app won't open on my phone. I don't have access to a computer yet. But I'll keep sharing on Facebook and twitter.

Hopefully it's working and I'll leave it on while I leave for GGA in a bit (no pun intended)

Goldi

Noob
I finally got to GGA but can't get on stream. Damn Street Fighter lol.

Chun Li is more thighs than person. She's like a satyr or something.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
9.95 Phil...if you read this, I donated $30 earlier and want to do a ft5 rematch against WW for $20. (loser pays winner at Dallas) He has to use Cyrax and I'll choose the character of my liking.

I'm on my phone so I can't type in the chat.