What's new

NRS's new project, possibly MK12?

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I'll likely get flak for saying this, but I think receiving nasty comments simply comes with the territory when you're on the internet.

Part of the reason for the above is because the tweets that freaked him out (that I read) were OBVIOUS jokes. Like, I-busted-up-laughing-reading-them kind of jokes. If you think your life or the lives of your loved ones is in danger, then by all means, distance yourself from the net, but if you want to be one of the faces of one of the biggest franchises in the world, you need to be able to weather the storm and parse out threats from nonsense.
Provocative, disrespecting somewhat aggressive behavior was imprinted long before Internet was invented. People are not nice, at least not all of them. From young age such behavior was something to stumble access sooner or later. School, street, neighborhood. Trash talk was always there, the difference is that these days it has almost no consequences. Those offended probably had no slightest idea that they will come across such experience - the cherry on top is the fact, that they are unable to digest it properly which leads to frustration.

Regardless of ones achievements, foundations, actions, most likely somebody is gonna get angry, or will disagree. Negative behavior was always there. IMO the way today youngsters are led by the educational system, and parents are growing in misconception of how the world functions. You referred aggression - you dont engage nor approve - I do. Why? because sometimes its the only path you can take to end harassment of any sort - like the saying goes "Sometimes the good guys have to be the bad guys to make he bad guys pay" or "Its better to fighter in the garden, then gardener in the war". Though I want to make myself clear, I dont propose such approach in this particular case as it would be really pointless - no desired outcome would be accomplished.

Where I come from - on the local FG scene to be part of it, its hard - because trash talk, even fights happened before. Though with strong resistance stay, those without leave. The scene is over 15 years old and a lot of things happen during past these years. On a regular basis all these people are cool, educated more or less - not trouble makers but when s#it does hit the fan, sometimes tension escalate. The difference is, that every new player who wants to join is being warned so at least they are aware, that things may not be "nice". Getting into FG/Internet environment with altered perception will result such events.

Wigy

There it is...
I was a bouncer. I've been groped/sexually harassed, threatened, attacked too many times to count. Folks came back with hammers after we threw them out once. I didn't turn into a dick to everyone and abandon my work duties because of this. I understand that goes with the job of security and developers shouldn't feel threatened in an ideal world but get a grip it's mean tweets.

You get major social brownie points and smokescreen for criticism by doing the victim shit on the Internet even when you provide no evidence. So many times we've seen this happen.

Last edited:

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
@Wigy

There is no logic behind this or maybe there is more to it then just that - I dont know. Human psyche is very complex. We'd have to have a good shrink here to work this out. People do all kind of crazy shit, that you wouldnt be even able to comprehend.

When I moved to my neighborhood in 2008 I was a raget since day one. Reason is not important, what is the important is, that I got my peace only after I fought two guys at once. I got one, but he other got me. Next day I had their respect till this day. I tried everything prior this event: I was humble, polite, I even ignored them, call cops once. IMO: the bottom line is this: messed up people are everywhere and you really need to have thick skin or else any contact might be a mental pressure bomb.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I think it goes beyond just "It's mean tweets" though. It's not just a couple mean tweets every once in awhile. It's constant harassment, day in and day out. I don't think that's just part of the job. Certainly not for a developer.

I'd love it if NRS did more communication, and it's too bad they're not more involved, but I understand their choice.

I was a bouncer. I've been groped/sexually harassed, threatened, attacked too many times to count. Folks came back with hammers after we threw them out once. I didn't turn into a dick to everyone and abandon my work duties because of this. I understand that goes with the job of security and developers shouldn't feel threatened in an ideal world but get a grip it's mean tweets.

You get major social brownie points and smokescreen for criticism by doing the victim shit on the Internet even when you provide no evidence. So many times we've seen this happen.
So do you think it's okay to just not like social media and just not use it? I mean we aren't saying that this man was in danger. Why can't he just get tired of idiots messaging him all day?

And the guy still did his work duties. He was on Twitter voluntarily. It wasn't his job. The only person who has that job is the community manager. This guy was a producer for MKX. So telling him to get grip don't make sense to me.

Wigy

There it is...
So do you think it's okay to just not like social media and just not use it? I mean we aren't saying that this man was in danger. Why can't he just get tired of idiots messaging him all day?

And the guy still did his work duties. He was on Twitter voluntarily. It wasn't his job. The only person who has that job is the community manager. This guy was a producer for MKX. So telling him to get grip don't make sense to me.
To clarify I have heard many of here say NRS doesnt communicate because the community is toxic i was more referring to that. I get why it was taken that way.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Not to rain on anyones parade, but a “Mobile action RPG game“ means this is going to be Raid Shadow Legends, Mortal Kombat edition.

You’ll unlock characters, play to level them up by clicking on a mission and tapping your phone over and over again until you hit the paywall, and then start paying real money to level up your characters or get new ones to be the paywall so you can see the next story cinematic.

or in other words. Mobile Garbage.
NRS is dangerously lacking in Sexy Orcs to compete against raid

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
There's a difference between random fans talking shit and threats against your loved ones. Even celebrities talk about this and opt out of social media bc of this. Now most of these are obviously senseless threats, but if i voluntarily decide to interact with people on social media and everytime I try to do so i see comments about my family i would understand not doing it anymore. It's not that he's scared he just probably got tired of seeing that shit. I'm sure he blocked people before but it would seem like an endless task bc the comments would never stop.
It’s not like people can freely go around on Twitter constantly making death threats, or even just threats in general. Report and block. Acting like blocking people is some difficult task that takes a lot of effort is silly. Also, of course there’s a difference between someone talking shit and threats, no one has argued otherwise. Just like there’s a difference between someone making serious threats and someone making a joke. Someone saying “if you don’t put X character in the game I’m gonna fck your wife” is obviously a joke and not remotely a credible threat.

So yeah, it really isn’t that big of a deal. But if you can’t handle people talking shit on the internet, it’s understandable if someone would prefer to just not be on it. It’s their life ¯\(ツ)

It’s not like people can freely go around on Twitter constantly making death threats, or even just threats in general. Report and block. Acting like blocking people is some difficult task that takes a lot of effort is silly. Also, of course there’s a difference between someone talking shit and threats, no one has argued otherwise. Just like there’s a difference between someone making serious threats and someone making a joke. Someone saying “if you don’t put X character in the game I’m gonna fck your wife” is obviously a joke and not remotely a credible threat.

So yeah, it really isn’t that big of a deal. But if you can’t handle people talking shit on the internet, it’s understandable if someone would prefer to just not be on it. It’s their life ¯\(ツ)
In my post you quoted i literally say "Now most of these are obviously senseless threats". I also say "It's not that he's scared, he just probably got tired of seeing that shit". Of course i wouldn't consider the tweet in the post a credible threat. I was referring to general real threats.

But my point still stands regardless if it's a threat or not. He is not the community manager. It ain't his job to interact with fans on Twitter. Hes just saying he doesn't want to login and see DMS and tweets about people talking about fucking his wife. I don't see why this is hard to understand.

People have been saying wild shit on the net before Twitter existed. We know that it's expected. But that doesn't mean people have to accept it.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
But my point still stands regardless if it's a threat or not. He is not the community manager. It ain't his job to interact with fans on Twitter. Hes just saying he doesn't want to login and see DMS and tweets about people talking about fucking his wife. I don't see why this is hard to understand.
Not sure if you’re just not reading my posts or if you just keep intentionally trying to strawman. I literally said that it’s understandable and then you respond with “I don’t see why this is so hard to understand”, lol.

In my post you quoted i literally say "Now most of these are obviously senseless threats". I also say "It's not that he's scared, he just probably got tired of seeing that shit". Of course i wouldn't consider the tweet in the post a credible threat. I was referring to general real threats
Yeah, I know, that’s what I said. I also never said anything about anyone being “scared”. And I never said you would consider anything a credible threat. Seriously, please cut it out with these strawman attempts.

People have been saying wild shit on the net before Twitter existed. We know that it's expected. But that doesn't mean people have to accept it.
Once again, never said people have to accept it. Once again, I said the exact opposite.

Try to at least engage with the things I actually said. Jesust

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Leakers should be tracked down and have the shit beat out of them. It is bad enough them just leaking info... but posting warez? what a scum bag.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Some guy is posting cutscenes on YouTube

Opening:

Damn Shinnok with normal eyes looks cursed AF

Scorpion vs Dark Scorpion

Mournful Mileena konfirmed for MK12! lol imagine if this was a thing?

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I've been playing it. Its buggy, a grindfest, has a pointless nothing story and has all the abundant meaningless resources of a standard mobile game. And I've been cracked out on it

Me talking to my bank when they ask me about all these GooglePlay charges