What's new

NRS's new project, possibly MK12?

OutWorldAleMerchant

Hotaru's Number One Fan
I have wanted a Mortal Kombat RPG since Deception. Especially some sort of DnD-like tabletop ruleset sort of thing. A mobile "RPG", likely to be some form of gacha though? That's just cruel. Like taking my dreams and twisting into something I wish I had never wished for.

To be fair to NRS though the Inj2/MK10 mobile games are the most tolerable fighting games I have ever played on a phone. They actually tried their best to do them justice for the platform. But that's, you know, for the platform.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
To be fair to NRS though the Inj2/MK10 mobile games are the most tolerable fighting games I have ever played on a phone.
Even calling them fighting games is a stretch. I do understand that none of them work well with touchscreen controls, though.

I still have PTSD from playing those terrible things just to unlock the skins for the games we actually enjoyed playing.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Thing is…they don’t.
This is all on Boon.
Y’all need to stop giving that goblin a pass just because he tickles your murder boner.
Why do fans believe they "deserve" to have the Devs speak to them? We should be happy that Boon (and whoever on the NRS team) DO interact. There are MANY Devs who do not interact AT ALL because of all the "fans" who flame and act entitled. Boon could DEFINATELY take that stance, but he doesn't.

Boon is a troll, sure, but in these in-between-game-times... who cares? Bottom line, NRS isn't ready to talk. If you have questions about MK11 or whatever, that game is done. Take the hint, and do something else. LOL!

Thing is…they don’t.
That's not how businesses operate, but believe what you want.

Why do fans believe they "deserve" to have the Devs speak to them? We should be happy that Boon (and whoever on the NRS team) DO interact. There are MANY Devs who do not interact AT ALL because of all the "fans" who flame and act entitled. Boon could DEFINATELY take that stance, but he doesn't.

Boon is a troll, sure, but in these in-between-game-times... who cares? Bottom line, NRS isn't ready to talk. If you have questions about MK11 or whatever, that game is done. Take the hint, and do something else. LOL!
^This. Well said.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
Jade Empire;)
All it would take is fighting the Lotus Assassins on the beach & the Spirit Cave at Two Rivers to get people hooked then meeting Silk Fox to love it. Personally when it came to me, it was love at first sight.

The 3D MK crowd would love it when they figure out that you can mix 4 different martial arts styles rather than just 3 & that Leaping Tiger gives you Wolverine Claws.

For Those Interested:
Trailer:
Steam/GOG: $19.99 CAD - Special Edition
Xbox - $9.99 CAD - Basic
iOS - $9.99 USD/$13.99 CAD - Special Edition

Last edited:

OutWorldAleMerchant

Hotaru's Number One Fan
All it would take is fighting the Lotus Assassins on the beach & the Spirit Cave at Two Rivers to get people hooked then meeting Silk Fox to love it. Personally when it came to me, it was love at first sight.

The 3D MK crowd would love it when they figure out that you can mix 4 different martial arts styles rather than just 3 & Leaping Tiger gives you Wolverine Claws.

For Those Interested:
Xbox - $9.99 CAD - Basic
That game really was incredible. The whole open palm/closed fist philosophy was well done and could have been expanded upon quite a bit. "Evil" is a lot more compelling when you have sincere philosophical beliefs and refrain from overt or needless cruelty for the sake of it.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
That game really was incredible. The whole open palm/closed fist philosophy was well done and could have been expanded upon quite a bit. "Evil" is a lot more compelling when you have sincere philosophical beliefs and refrain from overt or needless cruelty for the sake of it.
They really couldn't due to engine restraints as it used Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic's engine. The mechanic isn't perfect but the game does explain the Way of the Closed Fist really well by the likes of Smiling Mountain, Bladed Thesis (creator of the philosophy) & Jian the Iron Fist.

I've been considering on making a thread about Jade Empire as it really is the closest thing to a Mortal Kombat RPG that a lot of people have been asking for.

The 3D MK crowd would love it when they figure out that you can mix 4 different martial arts styles rather than just 3 & that Leaping Tiger gives you Wolverine Claws.

For Those Interested:
Trailer:
Xbox - $9.99 CAD - Basic
Absolutely. So many characters have that Mortal Kombat feel. i.e. Silk Fox being a darker Kitana.

Not to rain on anyones parade, but a “Mobile action RPG game“ means this is going to be Raid Shadow Legends, Mortal Kombat edition.

You’ll unlock characters, play to level them up by clicking on a mission and tapping your phone over and over again until you hit the paywall, and then start paying real money to level up your characters or get new ones to be the paywall so you can see the next story cinematic.

or in other words. Mobile Garbage.

Wigy

There it is...
People on this site treat devs like endangered pandas or something.

Stop with the "you're entitled" shit- the standard people have is based on industry standards.

NRS is absolute trash with community relationship compared to other (even much smaller) developers.
Before you say its cause our community is toxic they don't communicate- compared to other communities NRS is like happy rainbow unicorn land drinking soy latte's.

At the end of the day they don't need to do shit and the games will sell so its their own perogative.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest

Stop with the "you're entitled" shit- the standard people have is based on industry standards.

NRS is absolute trash with community relationship compared to other (even much smaller) developers.
Before you say its cause our community is toxic they don't communicate- compared to other communities NRS is like happy rainbow unicorn land drinking soy latte's.

At the end of the day they don't need to do shit and the games will sell so its their own perogative.
Agreed.

The abusive morons on twitter are absolute trash most of the time, but there's really nothing wrong with developers communicating with the people who buy their products and ask reasonable questions. Do they always have to answer? Of course not, but let's not treat them like they're some sort of group of untouchable gods who we should be thankful to ever get a word out of.

Again, there's plenty of people online who don't deserve a response, but it would be nice to be slightly more transparent.

I hope NRS understandS that there's a large group of massive MK fans who did NOT enjoy their last game and won't just be blindly buying the next one. I plopped down my $100 plus dollars for whatever the best version of MK11 the day it went up for pre-order. I regretted that because I've never been more bored with an NRS title. I have always trusted them to put out a killer product, so I was never really concerned about new or what was coming next. I always knew it would be awesome. Now I'm not so sure, so I am hoping for some info, like many others.

I do strongly believe we will get something at the Game Awards in December, though. We shall see.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★

Isn't it Tyler Lansdown's job as Community Manager to talk to people?

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I tend to agree about the communication, like I think they should let/have them do stuff like Kombat Kasts and pump up the game. It feels like they are overly concerned with their messaging sometimes when they should just have the Devs come on and have fun with the game. This is talking like when the game is out. If they don't have anything to show yet, it is what it is. No Kojima-style "I'll make this game someday" trailers.

However, this should be pointed out. There's toxic fanbases with many games but it's been a real issue with this company in particular.

So to be clear. The reason I don’t want to do this twitter anymore is not fans asking for characters or hints or whatever. I get that,” Mortal Kombat X producer Shaun Himmerick wrote. That is passion and love for the Mortal Kombat and I also have that. So I get it. No problem. I’m glad people care about their favourites

I used to be thick skinned enough for the random personal attacks. I’m a big boy I can handle it. I’ve been in my share of fights. However I cannot deal with the threats of violence to my wife and now young daughter. Threats of sexual violence are even more disturbing

You wanna fight me for any reason. I’m probably willing to go, verbally or physically. I can hold my own. But threats on my ladies? No.”

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I tend to agree about the communication, like I think they should let/have them do stuff like Kombat Kasts and pump up the game. It feels like they are overly concerned with their messaging sometimes when they should just have the Devs come on and have fun with the game. This is talking like when the game is out. If they don't have anything to show yet, it is what it is. No Kojima-style "I'll make this game someday" trailers.

However, this should be pointed out. There's toxic fanbases with many games but it's been a real issue with this company in particular.

So to be clear. The reason I don’t want to do this twitter anymore is not fans asking for characters or hints or whatever. I get that,” Mortal Kombat X producer Shaun Himmerick wrote. That is passion and love for the Mortal Kombat and I also have that. So I get it. No problem. I’m glad people care about their favourites

I used to be thick skinned enough for the random personal attacks. I’m a big boy I can handle it. I’ve been in my share of fights. However I cannot deal with the threats of violence to my wife and now young daughter. Threats of sexual violence are even more disturbing

You wanna fight me for any reason. I’m probably willing to go, verbally or physically. I can hold my own. But threats on my ladies? No.”
I'll likely get flak for saying this, but I think receiving nasty comments simply comes with the territory when you're on the internet. I don't engage in that behavior and I don't approve of it, but if you're a public figure, you have to have thick skin and you have to be able to discern between actual threats and internet nonsense. Again, I don't approve of it, but vulgarity and nastiness is simply the price we pay for the luxury of freedom of speech on the web.

Part of the reason for the above is because the tweets that freaked him out (that I read) were OBVIOUS jokes. Like, I-busted-up-laughing-reading-them kind of jokes. If you think your life or the lives of your loved ones is in danger, then by all means, distance yourself from the net, but if you want to be one of the faces of one of the biggest franchises in the world, you need to be able to weather the storm and parse out threats from nonsense. The world would be a better place if we were all civil on the internet, but that's never going to happen, so we have to learn to properly navigate these waters.

Anyway, here's one of the dreaded tweets which I found pretty hilarious.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I'll likely get flak for saying this, but I think receiving nasty comments simply comes with the territory when you're on the internet. I don't engage in that behavior and I don't approve of it, but if you're a public figure, you have to have thick skin and you have to be able to discern between actual threats and internet nonsense. Again, I don't approve of it, but vulgarity and nastiness is simply the price we pay for the luxury of freedom of speech on the web.

Part of the reason for the above is because the tweets that freaked him out (that I read) were OBVIOUS jokes. Like, I-busted-up-laughing-reading-them kind of jokes. If you think your life or the lives of your loved ones is in danger, then by all means, distance yourself from the net, but if you want to be one of the faces of one of the biggest franchises in the world, you need to be able to weather the storm and parse out threats from nonsense. The world would be a better place if we were all civil on the internet, but that's never going to happen, so we have to learn to properly navigate these waters.

Anyway, here's one of the dreaded tweets which I found pretty hilarious.

View attachment 18832
I gotta be honest. People who get that upset over comments on the internet tend to have had fairly privileged lives. Obviously context is super important, and it also matters WHO the “hate” is coming from. But when it’s just random fans talking shit, I’m sorry but it’s really not that big of a deal. Especially when it’s on Twitter where if you wanted to, you could just block the people who say things you don’t like. ¯\(ツ)

I gotta be honest. People who get that upset over comments on the internet tend to have had fairly privileged lives. Obviously context is super important, and it also matters WHO the “hate” is coming from. But when it’s just random fans talking shit, I’m sorry but it’s really not that big of a deal. Especially when it’s on Twitter where if you wanted to, you could just block the people who say things you don’t like. ¯\(ツ)
There's a difference between random fans talking shit and threats against your loved ones. Even celebrities talk about this and opt out of social media bc of this. Now most of these are obviously senseless threats, but if i voluntarily decide to interact with people on social media and everytime I try to do so i see comments about my family i would understand not doing it anymore. It's not that he's scared he just probably got tired of seeing that shit. I'm sure he blocked people before but it would seem like an endless task bc the comments would never stop.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
That is just not how humans work. Everyone is a neurotic mess. We all have hang ups and self esteem problems, even if we can not admit it event to ourselves. People not only need, they crave affirmation.

Here is a few picks from a photographer that takes snaps of random people and then another just after he says that they look beautiful.

Big difference between being asked to take a pic and pretend to smile and simply having a involuntary reaction to a compliment.

This works the opposite way as well... on everyone. Imagine you just spent 5 years making something. Working 5 days a week minimum for 1/2 a decade producing something creative and you release it to t the world and some cunt trolls you. It is only human to be hurt by that. Where the comment comes from is irrelevant as hits the reader. It is a well known effect now how bad for mental health social media is. These are deeply ingrained natural phycological reactions that are beyond control.

This is why a woman posting them crying after winning a gold medal gets so upset when someone says something horrible, or someone is attacked for being diffrent to the poster, or even when someone with no idea at all about the practicalities of game dev bitches and moans aggressively about something that would add years to the development time. 2 hours after release

Words matter. Being nice matters.