What's new

NRS's new project, possibly MK12?

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Not to be the person that starts unfounded, stupid rumors based on ridiculous assumptions...but well, I will anyway. :)

Mela Lee, Jade's Voice actor, posted this like half an hour ago:

We know what's up. She knows we know what's up. That's why the tweet was deleted, I assume. To be replaced with something less obvious:

Too late, the damage is done. I mean, theoretically speaking it COULD be for Injustice, or Marvel, or DC vs Marvel, who knows. All I know is that this woman only voiced one character for NRS and that was jump back glai-I mean, Jade. So take that as you will, speculate. My money is on MK.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Months back we saw Johnny's voice actor post nearly the exact same tweet, with the water tower and all. If I recall correctly, Sub Zero/Erron Black's actor did too around the same time.

I've no idea how the time frame works for voice actors, but her coming this late, I wonder if that means maybe she's dlc?

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Maybe.
Maybe not.

im not a fan of NRS’ way of withholding all info… and then calling us entitled because we actually want to be excited for their games.
I think it's a bit silly to say NRS specifically is withholding info, it's defo WB. They probably have a timeline of how everything will be announced/released and Ed can't do anything about it.
Months back we saw Johnny's voice actor post nearly the exact same tweet, with the water tower and all. If I recall correctly, Sub Zero/Erron Black's actor did too around the same time.

I've no idea how the time frame works for voice actors, but her coming this late, I wonder if that means maybe she's dlc?
They probably are months apart because of scheduling I would think.

MK9

Noob
Not getting mk12, my guess is still whatever the original game was , was canceled and they had to do something different. That’s why the long delay

I think it's a bit silly to say NRS specifically is withholding info, it's defo WB. They probably have a timeline of how everything will be announced/released and Ed can't do anything about it.
Absolutely. Warner Brothers Games is the publisher and owner of NetherRealm Studios. They handle the marketing and dictate when and what can be said. Ed has no jurisdiction with this, nor would NetherRealm Studios themselves.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole

They probably are months apart because of scheduling I would think.
WB has a lot of developers working for them, with many games. NRS is the only studio of theirs that consistently interacts with their audience this way.
Boon doing a string of AMA’s on Twitter for millions of people…but won’t say anything about what they are working on.
that’s like LeBron saying, “AMA…just don’t ask anything about basketball”
Wtf?

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Absolutely. Warner Brothers Games is the publisher and owner of NetherRealm Studios. They handle the marketing and dictate when and what can be said. Ed has no jurisdiction with this, nor would NetherRealm Studios themselves.
Funny how EVERY OTHER DEV STUDIO that is under WB Games has managed to interact with their audiences with more transparency, and without trolling.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Everyone can calm down. The mobile game is absolutely not NRS' current big project. This is just something they're releasing because shitty mobile games generate hundreds of millions of dollars.

I am literally will to bet a copy of whatever the next NRS game ends up being that they will make their big announcement at the Game Awards in December.

Next NRS fighting game announced at the Game Awards in December with a release date of April 2023. I'm banking on it.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Everyone can calm down. The mobile game is absolutely not NRS' current big project. This is just something they're releasing because shitty mobile games generate hundreds of millions of dollars.

I am literally will to bet a copy of whatever the next NRS game ends up being that they will make their big announcement at the Game Awards in December.

Next NRS fighting game announced at the Game Awards in December with a release date of April 2023. I'm banking on it.
Always feast or famine with NRS

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole

Well, we’ve seen today that NRS is promoting a MK mobile game with RPG & cinematic elements.
Those tweets are probably related to that.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah

It says they're developing and co-publishing it. They've never been the mobile game team before.
I really fucking hope they have an actual game in the works, but this shit is looking fucky

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I need to see gameplay of this, because it was announced as an RPG, but the press release details the combat as "real-time melee focused"

Please don't tell me this is just going to be a fucking glorified clicker game. I'd rather it just be a normal turn based RPG honestly. MK Mobile is alright, but those constant minigames make it really annoying to play.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I don't know anything about the inner workings of video games, but NRS co publishing this seems weird considering that's always been the job of WB's.

And holy shit is there not a lot of fan fair for this, not even a proper image, and all Boon could muster up was a retweet, not even a real tweet about it lol.

I'll try it out as long as it doesn't play like their other mobile games.