What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs NRS, Thanks for Fixing Jacqui Briggs!!!

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
b2~bf2, RC, 11~db2, 33~bf4 = 30% meterless
b33~bf2, EX db2, RC, 33~bf4 = 31% 1 bar

neither are too hard to do, offline
That b2 one is great :) I think you get more damage off b33~db3, but till now we've had to go b2~bf4 for meterless damage.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Leave shotgun alone, aren't you guys supposed to be on the full-auto bandwagon?

I can't be edgy and hip if everyone starts flocking to SG.

ZinGy

Noob
That is amazing that they fixed shotgun on females. My number one complaint about jacqui sg, she's an amazing 50/50 character. I can't wait till i get my system back to get back into the lab :)

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Her corner combos feel a lot more lenient to me now.

Unfortunately it seems b2 xx low shot has a tighter sweet spot for restand.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Her corner combos feel a lot more lenient to me now.

Unfortunately it seems b2 xx low shot has a tighter sweet spot for restand.
I've noticed in the corner you can't do the F3 or F4 B2 cancel into low shot, it'll whiff. You have to do B2 raw into low shot for it to juggle. I was so used to doing B2~BF2 in the corner for consistency purposes that now I have to retrain my brain.

Full Auto that is. Your Shotgun is next on my list now that it's fixed. :DOGE

Malec

Noob
Shotgun kinda feels nerfed to me, b2~db2 dust dosent work for me at all anymore and b2~bf2 into dust is super hard to do now? did I miss something'?

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Maybe it's just me but does bf4 seem quicker to anyone? I'm hitting it in juggles and heights where it would've been too slow to hit pre-patch >__>

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Maybe it's just me but does bf4 seem quicker to anyone? I'm hitting it in juggles and heights where it would've been too slow to hit pre-patch >__>
Not quicker, but there does seem like some sort of extra window to land it. Like at times when I may have been "too late" it seems as if it almost drags them off of the ground to finish the combo.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Shotgun kinda feels nerfed to me, b2~db2 dust dosent work for me at all anymore and b2~bf2 into dust is super hard to do now? did I miss something'?
Something is different with b2~bf2... I think it's launching the females further away. I was definitely landing it on males though. Might have to run cancel into ex dust on smaller characters.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Yes, thank you NRS for fixing Jacqui. Still my least respected and most resented fighting game development studio due to the outright disregard of the millions of players suffering through this embarrassment of what is MKX Online.

But aside from the fact that I haven't been able to enjoy my favorite franchise or play any of my non local friends for over 10 years... thanks again, for fixing Ms. Briggs.

Her new B2, BF2, RC meterless combos are so sweet now, and her Low Rocket working on females in the corner now along with her other moves that would whiff fixed... Jacqui's now a contender. :)

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Excellent changes.

Now the only thing left to improve is the machine gun recovery in full auto.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Excellent changes.

Now the only thing left to improve is the machine gun recovery in full auto.
You and I both know they will never fix the recovery on machine gun due to the scrub crying we've already had to endure.

We just have to face that Jacqui isn't a traditional projectile zoner and more of a spacing/footsies/whiff punishing character, with strong 50/50s. Now that she can do legit damage in the corner, I think the strategy might be to push them towards the corner and make them guess. I haven't done much experimenting but if we can get hard to blockable setups off db3(ex) in the corner we could potentially be looking at 60% if we touch them in the corner.