What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs NRS, Thanks for Fixing Jacqui Briggs!!!

M2Dave

Zoning Master
What's wrong with it? Too much recovery or inconsistent or something? I'm only just now messing with her so idk.
Jacqui's machine gun is punishable by the following characters when neutral-crouched about half a screen away.

- Ermac (force lift)
- Erron Black (slide)
- Jax (dash punch)
- Johnny Cage (shadow kick)
- Kitana (shadow kick in Mourning)
- Raiden (superman)
- Reptile (elbow dash and slide)
- Sub Zero (slide)
- Tanya (b+2 in Dragon Naginata)

Full screen punishes include the following characters.

- Jacqui (machine gun in Full Auto)
- Kenshi (any tele-flurry in any variation)
- Quan Chi (rune and portal kick in Warlock)
- Scorpion (EX teleport)
- Shinnok (low scoop in Bone Shaper from almost full screen away)

Some of these punishes are not easy, but they are most definitely possible.

We just have to face that Jacqui isn't a traditional projectile zoner and more of a spacing/footsies/whiff punishing character, with strong 50/50s. Now that she can do legit damage in the corner, I think the strategy might be to push them towards the corner and make them guess. I haven't done much experimenting but if we can get hard to blockable setups off db3(ex) in the corner we could potentially be looking at 60% if we touch them in the corner.
Push your opponents to the corner to make them guess wrong with 50/50 mix ups, you say? How original! That only sounds like every character in this game. I may as well use Erron Black or Raiden.

This game is seriously lacking variety. It is currently the most boring fighting game I have ever played, and I have been around for a long time.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Jacqui's machine gun is punishable by the following characters when neutral-crouched about half a screen away.

- Ermac (force lift)
- Erron Black (slide)
- Jax (dash punch)
- Johnny Cage (shadow kick)
- Kitana (shadow kick in Mourning)
- Raiden (superman)
- Reptile (elbow dash and slide)
- Sub Zero (slide)
- Tanya (b+2 in Dragon Naginata)

Full screen punishes include the following characters.

- Jacqui (machine gun in Full Auto)
- Kenshi (any tele-flurry in any variation)
- Quan Chi (rune and portal kick in Warlock)
- Scorpion (EX teleport)
- Shinnok (low scoop in Bone Shaper from almost full screen away)

Push your opponents to the corner to make them guess wrong with 50/50 mix ups, you say? How original! That only sounds like every character in this game. I may as well use Erron Black or Raiden.

This game is seriously lacking variety. It is currently the most boring fighting game I have ever played, and I have been around for a long time.
I agree. It would be nice if we got some variety :(

E

Eldriken

What character(s), if any, has higher meterless corner damage than Jacqui?

E

Eldriken

Don't think anyone beats her tbh but raiden is still strong. Kano with buff. Also has almost 40% meter less.
Hm, alright. I'm asking because if there weren't any other characters who topped hers or had similar corner damage, she would most certainly get the nerf hammer in that regard.

I'm hoping she doesn't, however. Her corner damage is something to marvel at and I love doing the combos. Out of all the characters I've played, I enjoy doing Jacqui's combos the most. They're just so satisfying.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Hm, alright. I'm asking because if there weren't any other characters who topped hers or had similar corner damage, she would most certainly get the nerf hammer in that regard.

I'm hoping she doesn't, however. Her corner damage is something to marvel at and I love doing the combos. Out of all the characters I've played, I enjoy doing Jacqui's combos the most. They're just so satisfying.
Without sounding like a tym cliche but she needs it. Her 50/50 game mid screen is not that strong so if she gets you to the corner she should be rewarded

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Push your opponents to the corner to make them guess wrong with 50/50 mix ups, you say? How original!
This part of the post made me laugh much harder than it should have. Probably because I can picture a Green Goblin-like voice saying it out loud, and it being the truth.

What character(s), if any, has higher meterless corner damage than Jacqui?
Only ones I can think of is Cutthroat Kano and CASSIE. I've gotten a knockdown, used the buff, and gotten 50% damage by them guessing wrong in the corner at my local a couple of times. The buff + 50/50 is monstrous in the corner. Cassie has some insane corner combos off her 50/50 for no meter.

About the only characters that I can think of that gets 40% meterless off of both options.

Edit: I think Kenshi and Quan get something similar as well.

F12 up rockets still randomly wiffs on stand blocking opponents. Also f12 and b14 Ex Up rockets randomly wiffs on crouch blocking opponents.