NRS Speaks and Confirms MK11 is Officially Done

What is your opinion on this news?

• Good news to me

• Bad news to me

• I'm indifferent / doesn't affect me either way

Results are only viewable after voting.

MetBart

Noob
Was it too much to ask for everything for this game before its death to be unlockable in towers/krypt or buyable? Like, skins, brutalities, taunts, concept art - there is so much stuff I don't have and can't obtain in any way. So the only thing what's left is to wait another x months like an idiot for ridiculous premium shop or krypt event? WTF

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
Think I waited a day or two, then was playing Krypt and towers. Maybe my delay getting it was longer than I recall, or maybe I just got the lucky roll and didn't notice.

I do remember not fully understanding why they needed to tone down the modifiers.
i think this was the kombat kast that addressed some of those lanch issues...
Mortal Kombat 11 - Towers Of Time & Krypt Update | Kombat Kast

If the next game is Injustice, I can once again go back to ignoring NRS for a few years.
And miss all the fun of the community dragging down NRS and their new game all over again? It's always the best part IMO :laughing:

At least now all the haters can finally move on to... well... whatever. I still don't understand how 12hrs ago people were still being strung along to play MK11, yet after this tweet it means they're free to put the controller down.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Was it too much to ask for everything for this game before its death to be unlockable in towers/krypt or buyable? Like, skins, brutalities, taunts, concept art - there is so much stuff I don't have and can't obtain in any way. So the only thing what's left is to wait another x months like an idiot for ridiculous premium shop or krypt event? WTF
Yeah, I think some skins I want are only available on Krypt events. Damn, I wish I could unlock them in any other way

Johncage

Noob
Now I wonder if it was true at all that Sareena was being worked on before being replaced by Mileena?

That's great but I think many people think the game still has a lot of potential for more balance changes, characters, content in general. Imagine if for once we had an expansive MK with a much longer life cycle and multiple seasons. I just think that saying "it had the most post-release content of any NRS title" feels a bit conformist, when they could easily do more (isn't it the most successful FG franchise?)
Smash Bros is the most succesful FG franchise but MK is a close 2nd so they could definitly do more.

I haven't been following the game much, but I actually was planning to start playing it since my local scene returned back. I'd imagine this news would be a big blow to those wanting to be motivated to play competitively.

However, I will say to everyone here, for the love of god....PLAY WHAT YOU LOVE!!! I'm been playing Injustice 1 & 2 since they have released and was fortunate enough to be invited to a discord where other's play. Even seeing a resurgence of players (shoutout to InjusticeTelevision, BounceCancel, and HoneyBee's Speedforce)

Play what you like to play, and forget what others think. Life is to short playing games you hate. Much love everyone

-Protagonist_1

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
It also goes to show that, yet again, Boon can't be trusted even when making claims. The troll made it seem like support for MK11 would be like never before, yet it practically amounted to the same quantity of content and support for MKX divided over two years.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
It also goes to show that, yet again, Boon can't be trusted even when making claims. The troll made it seem like support for MK11 would be like never before, yet it practically amounted to the same quantity of content and support for MKX divided over two years.
The only thing that changed this plan was COVID :coffee:

I'm only surprised about the fact that they even announce this. I was more expecting them to run silence throughout the rest of the year. I already knew the game wasn't getting anything else. The 8 months of silence was enough to tell you that. So many gullible gamers hanging on to their glimmer of hope. That was cute.

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
They say "after two years of support" however their last DLC content drop was in November of last year. That's what 19 months? There was literally no DLC for this whole year.
They gave us a (near meaningless) patch with Kahn buffs lol.

Covid didn't affect how well MK11 was sold. It had a whole year before the biggest markets US EU went into lockdown. And I believe it boosted digital sales (just a speculation based on how well Steam was doing in 2020).
So in my opinion: WB has been sitting on all the money from MK11 while doing a half-assed job for MK11

Johncage

Noob
I haven't been following the game much, but I actually was planning to start playing it since my local scene returned back. I'd imagine this news would be a big blow to those wanting to be motivated to play competitively.

However, I will say to everyone here, for the love of god....PLAY WHAT YOU LOVE!!! I'm been playing Injustice 1 & 2 since they have released and was fortunate enough to be invited to a discord where other's play. Even seeing a resurgence of players (shoutout to InjusticeTelevision, BounceCancel, and HoneyBee's Speedforce)

Play what you like to play, and forget what others think. Life is to short playing games you hate. Much love everyone

-Protagonist_1
I definitly agree with this as someone who has been playing old mk games I dont understand why you would play MK11 if you dont like it I mean that is what I did when I stopped enjoying the game.

Johncage

Noob
It got more dlc characters just they felt like less because characters in this game are more simple then what they were in mkx.

ErmacMKX

Noob
Ed needs to learn the difference between playful trolling and being legit obnoxious. If this game was done 7 months ago then he shouldn't have continued with his BS tweets. This game was nothing but a disappointment since the beginning, it's actually insane how terrible the communication was for over 2 years.

The least they can do if fix their gameplay and get rid of any variation system for their next game.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Meanwhile DBFZ is getting a balance patch next month but NRS can't even do that right???
Japan hasn’t been subject to lockdown for longer than a few weeks in the entire last year and a half. They’ve been in the offices the entire time.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Kewl, I guess I can play this game even MORE casually now (if thats possible). Good to know that these lazy bums strung us along via the Pro Series without an utterance and just dropped a weak af hot fix as a final farewell. Never did anything that they promised at the onset. I couldve swore they shilled the ability of adding new moves during the game's life span as well as longterm continous support. We're supposed to take these cats as a serious developer along the likes of Capcom? Just wave some green in front of their face and they come running like a Red Light trollop.