What's new

NRS Introduces Enhanced Online BETA For MKX; Sign-Ups Are Now Live

trufenix

bye felicia
It's crazy that 99% of the time, people look at Ed Boon's twitter and confirm everything from characters to game modes to future cross overs, but whenever there's an actual announcement to be made they just forget it exists and blindly follow any photoshop that turns up.

trufenix

bye felicia
This is NRS we're talking about. They're probably going to leave us klues and make us dekrypt a kode in order to get to the page to sign up. I wouldn't be surprised if this access denied page is part of the kode lmao
or they just aren't done yet?

trufenix

bye felicia
So while we are waiting.... Why is Jaqui one on the 4 characters in the beta?? Lol
From a move design standpoint, Jacqui is a pretty simplistic character. It's reasonable to assume she was one of the first to "work" with the new engine. Johnny (by virtue of stunt double) is probably one of the most complex.

Edit: By which I mean, they probably would've tried to tackle Johnny first, to see if it was even possible, rather than wait until the end and hit a brick wall.

I'm confident there are other characters who already "work" but they are waiting to see how the public part of the beta works out before rolling them out.

From a move design standpoint, Jacqui is a pretty simplistic character. It's reasonable to assume she was one of the first to "work" with the new engine.
I was thinking maybe cuz of her full auto variation can be annoying in lag, this beta is supposed to prove something??? Idk those are my thoughts

trufenix

bye felicia
I was thinking maybe cuz of her full auto variation can be annoying in lag, this beta is supposed to prove something??? Idk those are my thoughts
edit; The more I think about it, you might actually be right. There would be no better way to comfort the refugees of the deathstroke era than giving us a world where "just duck and walk forward" actually works online.

It oculd also be popularity online (there are a lot of full auto jacquis out there) or I could be totally wrong. Regardless, I don't think tiers or internet whining ever entered into the equation.

If I were doing it, I would definitely start with my simplest and most complex characters and move inward, rather than starting at either end, but then I don't have a billion dollar franchise to manage.

Last edited: