What's new

NRS has a new "Netcode" for Injustice

AYSAMO

Noob
Wasn't the MK9 netcode supposed to be 'pretty amazing' too? MK9 just isn't optimized for all the garbage ass connections in the US/South America. It's not really NRS' fault, it's America's fault, L2BROADBAND AMERICA!
While I agree American internet standards are shit, it really is the netcode. Me and Wrath have connection issues and horrible VOIP in MK9, but when we play SCV both the game and VOIP work flawlessly. Can't even feel any lag, and crisp voice chat that doesn't cut out every other word or muffle your voice.

btw he lives in Cali and Im in AZ, there should be very little regional lag.

Why are the games that actually interest me closer to the bottom? :(
Because you have companies that have no idea how to make good netcode (except namco recently)

Honestly P4A has me so hyped.

I'm wary of injustice because its from NRS. I normally don't enjoy playing NRS/Midway games but Irespect them. Its just not for me, but hopefully injustice can change that and one way is to have a good netcode. (I didn't even get kof because the netcode is garbage)

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
There are so few games with good netcode
S Tier
1) Blazblue series
2) SF4AE
3) Soul Calibur 5
4) Skullgirls (haven't played but from what I have read so far so yeahhh)

B Tier
1) Umvc3
2) 3so

Garbage Tier
1) MK9
2) KOF13
3) Tekken 6
From my brief experence with UMvC3, it was waaaaaaaaay worse than MK9. Iduno if they've patched it since, but I couldn't get a playable game (saying that I only tried playing maybe 20 or so games online).

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
I don't give a shit about Injustice... I wouldn't mind if MK9 online was down for 3 weeks to give these greedy bastards time to fix it, but no-oh-oh-o have some chars that should have been in the game right from the start + a b-class horror movie character. When the next MK comes I will look for some "let's play"-videos on youtube of people playing it online, if they complain about the lag, I am not buying the next MK.... or maybe I am, but not on launch day :)

Invincibeast

Stay Free
There are so few games with good netcode
S Tier
1) Blazblue series
2) SF4AE
3) Soul Calibur 5
4) Skullgirls (haven't played but from what I have read so far so yeahhh)

B Tier
1) Umvc3
2) 3so

Garbage Tier
1) MK9
2) KOF13
3) Tekken 6
Add VF5FS to S Tier and you have a complete list

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
They said the same shit with mk9 and i really do hate ed boon for lying.

I will not be tricked once again

They said the same shit with mk9 and i really do hate ed boon for lying.

I will not be tricked once again
To be fair, its not exactly easy to make an amazing netcode for the U.S considering how awful the internet is over here. I mean capcom doesn't get it 100% right either and they have been in the business a lot longer than NRS has (not counting midway)

It doesn't help that most of the good netcode is pretty much kept secret by development teams so they can have a monopoly and can profit off games with bad netcode.