What's new

NRS has a new "Netcode" for Injustice

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
LOL THAT JUST PROVES IT "SLOWING DOWN THE GAME PACE" they want this game to be big and crazy with all this stuff going on yet they add back to block. you either are gonna slow the game down too much or are gonna have another UMVC.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
FPSes are WAY more lenient than FGs when it comes to lag, it's not nearly as important. But yes, SCV and Skullgirls do have good netcodes.

Not at all, lag plays a big roll in FPSes, big example is Halo, how the hell are you going to be OK when a guy just runs off when you double headshot him when he's at 1 shot(no shields)

I guess in CoD it doesn't matter, spray and play.But I particularly like to snipe, and Quick Scopes and Drag Scopes will make you rip your hair off when it just lags.

Medina4life

Media Master
Not at all, lag plays a big roll in FPSes, big example is Halo, how the hell are you going to be OK when a guy just runs off when you double headshot him when he's at 1 shot(no shields)

I guess in CoD it doesn't matter, spray and play.But I particularly like to snipe, and Quick Scopes and Drag Scopes will make you rip your hair off when it just lags.
You ever play 4v4 fps matches offline? You can notice a tremendous difference once you play online multi. It sucks man. We need to get on Japans level and have fios in every house. Open your damn NAT type and use a decent modem people.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
You ever play 4v4 fps matches offline? You can notice a tremendous difference once you play online multi. It sucks man. We need to get on Japans level and have fios in every house. Open your damn NAT type and use a decent modem people.
'course I had, but at least online is still very very viable. GB is the proof of that.

Pretty much.

NRS is trolling you fools hardcore. LOL.
Eh, sometimes you'll see companies announce they're using the same "great" netcode that everyone hated.

(And you had recently Namco announce TTT2 would use SCV's great netcode, but well that was kind of predictable.)

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
FPSes are WAY more lenient than FGs when it comes to lag, it's not nearly as important. But yes, SCV and Skullgirls do have good netcodes.

Lag matters only to experienced players. Ask a fgs newbie and he'll say that TV and latency lag does not matter, but you know it does.
Same happens with every genre. I know the competitive side of CoD by first hand experience and I'll let you know lag matters just as much as with any other game.

Also if you think GB is any good then oh ma gawd.

If the game turns out to be gimmicky and not tournament-viable as most people are predicting, then it's good that at least the online will be presumably better than MK9.

REYTHEGREAT

i hope it doesn’t blow up in their faces. i remember when Ed B was talking highly of the netcode for MK9. then it turned out to be crap.

Plop

Noob
Try playing Law or Xiaoyu in SFxT and tell me AA is easy. I'd much rather hit a smoke standing 2 in person than either of their AAs. Also, SF4 doesn't have many juggles, but SFxT has plenty (again, Law). And there's just as much activity in sfxt as mk9 so they can't use that as an excuse.

Well, the point is that with my internet I can play sfxt perfectly fine while playing mk9 is like playing under water.

I realize that I'm coming across as a capcom fanboy in these posts, but it's mostly that I'm just so frustrated by mk9's online. MK9 is my favorite fighting game of all time but I end up playing sfxt way more just because it gives me such a better online experience :(
I'm just gonna take 2 seconds to let you know that you took every single one of these words out of my mouth.
If MK9's netcode was as good as SFxT's the world would be a much better place, and SFxT's aint even the best.

Via_Negativa

Darkforge
Unlikely. I have given up hoping, when developers say "WE CAN HAZ NEW NETCODES!"

SFxtekken has great netcode now for the most part just the matchmaking sux and the game is bad =(.

If they can make it as good as SCv or streetfighterxtekken I will be happy.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Lag matters only to experienced players. Ask a fgs newbie and he'll say that TV and latency lag does not matter, but you know it does.
Same happens with every genre. I know the competitive side of CoD by first hand experience and I'll let you know lag matters just as much as with any other game.

Also if you think GB is any good then oh ma gawd.
GB is alright but it's nothing to start a bandwagon with.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
I'll believe it when I play it. I remember the MK9 netcode advertisements: "It'll be a near lag free experience, like you're really back at the arcade!"

Yeah, maybe if the arcades were underwater. Sorry NRS, I love you, but BAD. BAD NRS. STOP BUILDING HOPE FOR GOOD NETCODE THIS EARLY. BAD.
Exactly! I remember them saying that they build the netcode from ground up something similar. I'll believe it when I see it

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Some of us don't have a choice in internet. I've said this like 4 times now. It annoys me when I see "my game experience shouldn't be ruined because you don't want to pay extra for internet" excuses. I play sf4 online with my shittier than shit connection and it works fine. MK I will drop out of 3/5 games that I try to play with "game session no longer available". Even if I get a good set going with someone....eventually the game will just lock up and boot me back to the lobby. NO other fighting game I've played online does this. No other fighting game has the potential to freeze at the start menu or fail to update and restart my ps3 4 times either.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
MK9 Vita netcode was pleasantly surprising. I have some hope for Injustice.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Also, the main problem with MK online is the inability to AA and the juggles. You don't get a dragon punch that has a huge hitbox in SF. In fact, I'd say that SF really requires no conscious effort to AA, it's easy. There's also not many juggles. I don't really see how the games are comparible honestly.
Juggles in the SF games are more to do with linking attacks and keeping them in the air like MK/Tekken. I'd say the timing in SF on even basic links is MUCH less forgiving than almost any B&B in MK. I can consistently hit 2 and even my 1-frame links in SF and SFxT online.

It's NRS's netcode. However, the good reviews of the vita netcode do give me hope...

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
all i can think about is how they said things like,
"the netcode is made first, and the game is built around it!"
"any problem with the game will be fixed via internet!"
"DLC as long as people are buying them!"
pre-mk9.

Warplay

Noob
Doesn't matter how good the netcode is. I think the real problem is the assholes with bad connections (I'm looking at you WIFI connections, DSL connections). If one party has a bad connection, it runs bad for both. This is a big issue with MK9. I've played games with people that have quality connections and it feels like I'm playing offline.

virtiqaL

Noob
I have a 27mbs download, 4.5 to 5mbs upload. The majority of the people in the US have connections FAR below that, in fact I think my connection is pretty shitty TBH, but it's still better than roughly 98% of America. Some people are forced to use god awful DSL connections because actual broadband isn't supplied in their area. So yes, once again, America's broadband sucks cellulose ridden ass.

Also, the main problem with MK online is the inability to AA and the juggles. You don't get a dragon punch that has a huge hitbox in SF. In fact, I'd say that SF really requires no conscious effort to AA, it's easy. There's also not many juggles. I don't really see how the games are comparible honestly.
So... basically... MK, an American made fighting game isn't optimized for the average American internet connection, so it's America's fault, not NRS'.

Makes sense.

Though, I agree, by now most of America should have access to fiber internet, and it doesn't look like it'll be widely available anytime soon.

There are so few games with good netcode
S Tier
1) Blazblue series
2) SF4AE
3) Soul Calibur 5
4) Skullgirls (haven't played but from what I have read so far so yeahhh)

B Tier
1) Umvc3
2) 3so

Garbage Tier
1) MK9
2) KOF13
3) Tekken 6