What's new

NRS has a new "Netcode" for Injustice

One thing that many of us perhaps haven't thought of yet is 'how the game will play online' and with Mortal Kombat's 9's basically 'bad' reputation for online play behind us... it looks like it's going to stay that way? Adam Urbano, Senior Producer from NRS tweeted that the team has been working on a new Netcode for Injustice|Gods Among Us. Apparently, since day 1... "they got this".

"@Urbanjabroni: Jaybonaut @Orsmab and the gang have been cooking up some pretty amazing netcode work since day 1. We got this."

They have also "rewrote most of the GFX code from MK9" expect more eye candy.

Let's hope this new Netcode works as well as the acclaimed PS Vita MK Netcode.

adam.jpg

Article edited by STORMS

Attachments

SZSR

Noob
Wasn't the MK9 netcode supposed to be 'pretty amazing' too? MK9 just isn't optimized for all the garbage ass connections in the US/South America. It's not really NRS' fault, it's America's fault, L2BROADBAND AMERICA!
Yeah they said that it was supposed to be the "golden standard" for all fighting games. It didn't pan out but it's to learn from experience and move on.

Pound IC

Noob
Wasn't the MK9 netcode supposed to be 'pretty amazing' too? MK9 just isn't optimized for all the garbage ass connections in the US/South America. It's not really NRS' fault, it's America's fault, L2BROADBAND AMERICA!
That's a pretty pathetic excuse. I play SFxT, a game that people complain about netcode being garbage, with little to no lag (as in hitting 1-frame links consistently). It really is NRS's shitty netcode that's the problem

Albo

Noob
Given the bigger scope of the stages and the "over the top gameplay" compared to mk9, it's going to be a more difficult job i'm guessing but they've learnt a lot from mk9's online, i'm sure, that they can improve on here.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
That's a pretty pathetic excuse. I play SFxT, a game that people complain about netcode being garbage, with little to no lag (as in hitting 1-frame links consistently). It really is NRS's shitty netcode that's the problem
I have a 27mbs download, 4.5 to 5mbs upload. The majority of the people in the US have connections FAR below that, in fact I think my connection is pretty shitty TBH, but it's still better than roughly 98% of America. Some people are forced to use god awful DSL connections because actual broadband isn't supplied in their area. So yes, once again, America's broadband sucks cellulose ridden ass.

Also, the main problem with MK online is the inability to AA and the juggles. You don't get a dragon punch that has a huge hitbox in SF. In fact, I'd say that SF really requires no conscious effort to AA, it's easy. There's also not many juggles. I don't really see how the games are comparible honestly.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
You ever thought that just maybe your internet connection was pretty damn good and didn't matter that the netcode was garbage

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
I'll believe it when I play it. I remember the MK9 netcode advertisements: "It'll be a near lag free experience, like you're really back at the arcade!"

Yeah, maybe if the arcades were underwater. Sorry NRS, I love you, but BAD. BAD NRS. STOP BUILDING HOPE FOR GOOD NETCODE THIS EARLY. BAD.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Right, surprisingly, FPS games which consists of 16 players in a single game, possibly 10 times more activity than in FGs get perfect connection.

And you want to talk FGs? SkullGirls , SCV #restmycase #swag #YOLO #knowwhatImsaying

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Right, surprisingly, FPS games which consists of 16 players in a single game, possibly 10 times more activity than in FGs get perfect connection.

And you want to talk FGs? SkullGirls , SCV #restmycase #swag #YOLO #knowwhatImsaying
FPSes are WAY more lenient than FGs when it comes to lag, it's not nearly as important. But yes, SCV and Skullgirls do have good netcodes.

Pound IC

Noob
Also, the main problem with MK online is the inability to AA and the juggles. You don't get a dragon punch that has a huge hitbox in SF. In fact, I'd say that SF really requires no conscious effort to AA, it's easy. There's also not many juggles. I don't really see how the games are comparible honestly.
Try playing Law or Xiaoyu in SFxT and tell me AA is easy. I'd much rather hit a smoke standing 2 in person than either of their AAs. Also, SF4 doesn't have many juggles, but SFxT has plenty (again, Law). And there's just as much activity in sfxt as mk9 so they can't use that as an excuse.

You ever thought that just maybe your internet connection was pretty damn good and didn't matter that the netcode was garbage
Well, the point is that with my internet I can play sfxt perfectly fine while playing mk9 is like playing under water.

I realize that I'm coming across as a capcom fanboy in these posts, but it's mostly that I'm just so frustrated by mk9's online. MK9 is my favorite fighting game of all time but I end up playing sfxt way more just because it gives me such a better online experience :(