What's new

NRS does not acknowledge this website as something they follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
They actually used to hang out and post here, until people started bashing them nonstop. I'm sure they probably check in from time to time, but with some of the stuff that gets said around here (and I don't mean constructive criticism, which is ok -- I mean straight-up flaming and insults) I wouldn't blame them at all.
I would accept that point except for one thing. Twitter is more toxic than a 10,000 gallon pool filled with week old shit, and I doubt they are the only entity on there that doesn't get shoved into it on a daily basis. You think this site is worse? And that is a legitimate question, because there isn't a force on heaven or earth that would make me go to the Twitter cesspool, but I love it here 90% of the time. I disagree with people all the time and laugh at some of the idiocy, but I spend most of my time here learning and having fun interacting with everyone.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I would accept that point except for one thing. Twitter is more toxic than a 10,000 gallon pool filled with week old shit, and I doubt they are the only entity on there that doesn't get shoved into it on a daily basis. You think this site is worse? And that is a legitimate question, because there isn't a force on heaven or earth that would make me go to the Twitter cesspool, but I love it here 90% of the time. I disagree with people all the time and laugh at some of the idiocy, but I spend most of my time here learning and having fun interacting with everyone.
On Twitter you only have to follow who you want. I guarantee they're not following a bunch of people who are toxic, and also that they don't check every single mention they get.

Twitter is pretty much what you make it.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Wait, someone thought that nrs reads this site? lol.
The last nrs employee who used to visit this place, 16bit, got chased off by fucktards that called her out on the biggest change in her life instead of supporting her.
There is no reason for anyone other than trolls like me and this @Evil Canadian asshole to hang out here just to rile you scrubs up in our spare time at work.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
On Twitter you only have to follow who you want. I guarantee they're not following anyone who's toxic, and also that they don't check every single mention they get.

Twitter is pretty much what you make it.
Got ya bud. Case in point of why I like it here so much while refusing any other social media sites.

Have a great day, and thank you so much for all your News updates man, I look forward to reading them everytime! I appreciate your hard work.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
The last nrs employee who used to visit this place, 16bit, got chased off by fucktards that called her out on the biggest change in her life instead of supporting her.
There is no reason for anyone other than trolls like me and this @Evil Canadian asshole to hang out here just to rile you scrubs up in our spare time at work.
I like both of you a lot though :(

Last edited:
Waaaait. 16bit is Stephanie? Dude lost a lot of weight. I didn't recognize her.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Idk if y'all have figured this out or not but the hubs of the internet aren't really based on forums like these anymore. The young crowd has taken to twitter, discord, etc as the places where their communities reside and interact with each other. Even the pros have abandoned message boards for these types of places.

As such, that's where the devs will go to look for reactions and suggestions on their games. Times change. I'm not a fan of it, but gotta get with it or get left behind. What sucks is, I feel it's a lot harder to get accurate information from places like that because you only get fragments of what's happening if you aren't literally following everyone in the fgc lol.

That said, you also can't expect them to shoutout every place that look on every stream, tweet, etc.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Not at all surprising. 16bit notoriously hates this site. Has for a very long time. Then some trash cans started getting transphobic about her, which of course was dealt with, but the damage was already done.

TYM isn’t a perfect place. Not a single person on staff, as far as I’m aware, receives any sort of compensation. So we can only moderate in our free time. That’s why we have to rely on reports a lot of the time. It’s also why we have many moderators, to try and make up for times where certain mods aren’t online. But stuff still slips through. It’s not like there’s a schedule or anything, as I said, the staff is only available when they can be.

So with that said, I’m sure this is a big reason why they don’t reference TYM anymore. I’m sure they blame the staff, everyone does. It’s the easy thing to do.

Not at all surprising. 16bit notoriously hates this site. Has for a very long time. Then some trash cans started getting transphobic about her, which of course was dealt with, but the damage was already done.

TYM isn’t a perfect place. Not a single person on staff, as far as I’m aware, receives any sort of compensation. So we can only moderate in our free time. That’s why we have to rely on reports a lot of the time. It’s also why we have many moderators, to try and make up for times where certain mods aren’t online. But stuff still slips through. It’s not like there’s a schedule or anything, as I said, the staff is only available when they can be.

So with that said, I’m sure this is a big reason why they don’t reference TYM anymore. I’m sure they blame the staff, everyone does. It’s the easy thing to do.
I didn't know people did that to 16Bit here, TYM sure give people a lot of freedom when it comes to what they're allowed to say. Like I wouldn't dare reply to any moderator on any other forum the way some people do here. Like there was a reply to CrimsonShadow that ended in "the people wants to know" and I'm not going to lie it made me laugh but boy, it doesn't get any more rude than that, I've trolled people and downplayed characters in the past but never anything that lol

Y'all know how it is for web forums nowadays, they're way behind Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, & Discord. I miss them too, and I still come here sometimes to see if anything interesting is happening, but I know where most of the discussion is taking place and it's not here anymore. This is not a TYM or NRS issue as much as it is a modern internet culture issue.

I wonder what the median age is of people who still regularly come here. I bet it's getting pretty close to the big 3-0

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Y'all know how it is for web forums nowadays, they're way behind Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, & Discord. I miss them too, and I still come here sometimes to see if anything interesting is happening, but I know where most of the discussion is taking place and it's not here anymore. This is not a TYM or NRS issue as much as it is a modern internet culture issue.

I wonder what the median age is of people who still regularly come here. I bet it's getting pretty close to the big 3-0
30 for me lol

BTW thanks for the explanation of raptors OS

30 for me lol
31 here.

But yeah, you gotta be realistic. MK11 is decisively a "broad appeal" game. It sold a tremendous number of copies. To expect that any significant fraction of the people that bought the game have heard of TYM is...optimistic. Even if the devs come here to read threads for personal interest, for them to not specifically call out this forum on their Kombat Kast in the age of Twitter/Reddit is not surprising, regardless of perceived toxicity levels between the platforms.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
One of the mods was literally backing up someone in her congratulations thread with "Proud TERF!" in her signature.
What a terrifying idea of a person - a TERF that also posts on TYM. Makes me fucking shiver.

I know I am preaching to the choir by replying to you with this but at some point we really are going to have to come to terms with what kinds of political opinions are common in the FGC. Coming back to this site after a couple years and becoming more politically active has been really weird seeing what kind of stuff people post.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
What a terrifying idea of a person - a TERF that also posts on TYM. Makes me fucking shiver.

I know I am preaching to the choir by replying to you with this but at some point we really are going to have to come to terms with what kinds of political opinions are common in the FGC. Coming back to this site after a couple years and becoming more politically active has been really weird seeing what kind of stuff people post.
My God that fascinates me. There are about 3 different ways to go with that, will you please DM me with your opinion on it? Jesus, how many people even know what a fucking TERF is?! I think you're bringing this here, honestly.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.

32 homie. And this probably being the only time I'll ever get to address you, I adore your commentary and I thank you for all you have done for this community in your life. Thank you for your time sir, and I hope you live happily and have a fulfilling life.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
My God that fascinates me. There are about 3 different ways to go with that, will you please DM me with your opinion on it? Jesus, how many people even know what a fucking TERF is?! I think you're bringing this here, honestly.
The person who made this thread tweeted that there were too many SJWs on FGC twitter like a week ago - go back and look at the threads about the complaints of poor working conditions at NRS from when this game came out. Look at some of the opinions around how the Infiltration situation has shaken out. That is pretty much all I've got off the top of my head. But honestly don't take stuff from me read KingHippo's work he writes a lot of really interesting stuff about some of the political issues the FGC as a whole faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.