What's new

NRS does not acknowledge this website as something they follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It today's stream discussion about the third variation a moment came up where Tyler stated, "We follow the twitter, the discord and the reddit." How did testyourmight fall so low as to not even be on the radar or get a shout out from NRS. A very long site dedicated to their games has been unable to earn their respect.

I suggest;
  • a tym tournament series
  • a tym competitive sponsor
  • improved moderation and character forums
  • more stories like event hubs including NRS staff Q&A's, top player profile pieces and interviews
  • attempt to get a big name reinvolved in the site like Mr. Aquaman and have him run a tournament serioes
As it stands, this site truly is a graveyard, laughing stock and disrespected place in the FGC. Sad times.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
They actually used to hang out and post here, until people started bashing them nonstop. I'm sure they probably check in from time to time, but with some of the stuff that gets said around here (and I don't mean constructive criticism, which is ok -- I mean straight-up flaming and insults) I wouldn't blame them at all.

Last edited:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I am not sure they do. Tyler has often talked about where he interacts with people and TYM is not ever mentioned, or any of the other big MK sites like MKSecrets ,TotalMK, UltimateMK and others. I would say that there is some lurking, but from a marketing point of view they can't really be everywhere so have chosen the highest volume locations like reddit and twitter and made a special place for closer interaction with the MK discord.

It kind of sucks. I would like TYM to get more direct support as well. With the pros mainly moving to discord and twitter it has been a difficult transition for TYM. Besides UltraDavid and Occasionally Aquaman there is very few highprofile community members posting on TYM. Let alone Devs.

They actually used to hang out here, until people started bashing them nonstop. I'm sure they probably check in from time to time, but with some of the stuff that gets said around here (and I don't mean constructive criticism, which is ok -- I mean straight-up flaming and insults) I wouldn't blame them at all.
clearly you do not go on twitter or reddit then because people do the exact same stuff there as will people do on all social media so this is not a good enough reason.

and you continue to ignore the constructive suggestions... or maybe... just maybe... naaa nevermind.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Well when 90% of this site is low fighting IQ scrubs im glad they dont listen that much. But theyve stated they go on various forums.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
clearly you do not go on twitter or reddit then because people do the exact same stuff there as will people do on all social media so this is not a good enough reason.
And you can bet they don't follow those people or check every single mention. It's pretty easy to police what you want to see on Twitter.

When I first joined designers would post here and address stuff directly, or just pop in with funny comments now and then. By a couple years after they were also in a lot of the stream chats nonstop, even for smaller streams. I used to ask Paulo a lot of stuff directly in stream chat and he'd explain it.

When the community tone went from balanced (with criticisms and complaints, but also lots of positive and hype-building stuff too) to super unbalanced and acidic most of that stopped. Make of it what you will.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Well, if I was selling a product and saw a place that seemed to be constantly shitting on that product, I wouldn't acknowledge them, either since that'd be bad for my business.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
Twitter and reddit are also massively much larger than TYM. I mean, for the most part, TYM is like the same 100 or so people, give or take maybe 50 extras, in and out every week, as opposed to like Reddit, which is a massive site with upwards of thousands of people frequenting it and Twitter, which is one of the biggest sites in the world.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Twitter and reddit are also massively much larger than TYM. I mean, for the most part, TYM is like the same 100 or so people, give or take maybe 50 extras, in and out every week, as opposed to like Reddit, which is a massive site with upwards of thousands of people frequenting it and Twitter, which is one of the biggest sites in the world.
exactly... it is about volume.

and this is why I made some 'top of my head' suggestions as to how to make it better. I agree with this though.

as @CrimsonShadow said about toxicity... it has nothing to do with that.

Too many scrubs and casuals are on here today.
Threads these days seem to trend towards whining and bitching unlike the Mk9 days where they were geared towards discussing competitive strategy.
bc there isn't really anything to discuss. hence the point of that huge thread I made. the variation additions will make things better for awhile im guessing.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
as @CrimsonShadow said about toxicity... it has nothing to do with that.
Yeah that's nonsense. I personally used to speak to Paulo in streams with less than 100 people in them. He would show up in tiny streams just to hang out, troll a bit, answer some q's.

It wasn't about how many people were there, it was about having a relationship with the people who care the most.

Yes, they will still speak on the larger platforms, but it's not mutually exclusive and they used to do both -- not just one or the other.

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
bc there isn't really anything to discuss. hence the point of that huge thread I made. the variation additions will make things better for awhile im guessing.
There's still lots of tech and setups and matchups discussion going on for MK11. It's just migrated more to discord and Twitter.

TYM used to be THE centralized place to go for all the high level of play discussion and reference, but this is no longer.

Shout out to @Somberness the Greatest MK9 community contributor OF ALL TIME. I think everyone would agree with that.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
It today's stream discussion about the third variation a moment came up where Tyler stated, "We follow the twitter, the discord and the reddit." How did testyourmight fall so low as to not even be on the radar or get a shout out from NRS. A very long site dedicated to their games has been unable to earn their respect.

I suggest;
  • a tym tournament series
  • a tym competitive sponsor
  • improved moderation and character forums
  • more stories like event hubs including NRS staff Q&A's, top player profile pieces and interviews
  • attempt to get a big name reinvolved in the site like Mr. Aquaman and have him run a tournament serioes
As it stands, this site truly is a graveyard, laughing stock and disrespected place in the FGC. Sad times.
shut up nerd

Status
Not open for further replies.