What's new

NRS does not acknowledge this website as something they follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
You are a grown man, but it's worrying that so many of your viewpoints are so childish. This one included.
When we are on break, many of us browse Twitter at work for information for a game that we enjoy playing only to be bombarded by sexual explicit images.

The only thing "childish" about Playing To Win is that the fact that he believed Sonic Fox had some sort of standards for professionalism, which you vigorously argued he had in the past. LOL.

Stevie Steelz

I break muthaf****s...
It today's stream discussion about the third variation a moment came up where Tyler stated, "We follow the twitter, the discord and the reddit." How did testyourmight fall so low as to not even be on the radar or get a shout out from NRS. A very long site dedicated to their games has been unable to earn their respect.

I suggest;
  • a tym tournament series
  • a tym competitive sponsor
  • improved moderation and character forums
  • more stories like event hubs including NRS staff Q&A's, top player profile pieces and interviews
  • attempt to get a big name reinvolved in the site like Mr. Aquaman and have him run a tournament serioes
As it stands, this site truly is a graveyard, laughing stock and disrespected place in the FGC. Sad times.
It’s funny, because I noticed that too. I’m like “damn, TYM doesn’t get a shout out?”

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I didn't realize that TYM had fallen out of favor with NRS and 16bit. A lot of why I even had context to the community offline competitive storylines was because of the Kombat Tomb Podcast.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
When we are on break, many of us browse Twitter at work for information for a game that we enjoy playing only to be bombarded by sexual explicit images.

The only thing "childish" about Playing To Win is that the fact that he believed Sonic Fox had some sort of standards for professionalism, which you vigorously argued he had in the past. LOL.
Twitter is a personal means of communication. It's a professional one only if you're hired by someone to do a professional job. That's not his work account, so this is a really silly point to try to push against him.

Big yikes.

Pretty sure @Dreamcatcher and I are the only two people on this site who run a league and tourneys with actual prizes. Tourneys that pros joined/are joining.

Not bragging (okay I am we worked hard), just saying, we've been doing tourneys for a while now and no one never acknowledged it except the people who participated in it. Our thread is even pinned like come on.

Tourneys are not going to save this site, a passionate leader is, and it ain't P2W.
I know about it (online league, tournaments) most people on tym knows it too, dont worry. its a cool thing, keep up the good work!
also, nothing wrong with this site! only because p2w is being an hysterical drama queen lately? meh
tym,s golden era is over since long time ago, it happened because of several reasons. one reason is that other platforms are now being used by top players. that tym 2019 is different as it was back then, but thats ok! we cant do anything about it anyway. the point is, we the tym community should adapt to this era instead of wanting old tym back which is pointless, because it wont happen. why try to compete against other platforms, when we could coexist with them? tym just need another focus and some adjustment. i think this is the only way how this forum can survive in the long run.
tym could focus more on the following (as an example):

-tym official online tournament series and league (atm by vslayer)
different regions (usa, uk- eu) imo it should always be streamed and commentated. this would be a huge motivation for people to play more.
-tym new video & feedback section
a big section in where players can link their own match videos for feedback. also a place where highlevel matches can get analyzed and discussed.
-a new section for beginners only. all relevant info and knowledge gathered in one section.

at least this is what i think, sorry for my bad english btw @Vslayer
what do you think about this and what are your suggestions regarding tym?

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Tym was definitely at its peak in the mk9 and injustice 1 days.

I've heard many top players complain in the past about the moderators being one of the reasons why they stopped coming here along with the overall toxicity of the site. That being said I don't think it's any more toxic than other social media sites.

Twitter, discord and reddit pretty much surpassed Tym as far as relevancy goes. I still enjoy it though.

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

D1 mashing is the tactic when skill fails !
I didn't know people did that to 16Bit here, TYM sure give people a lot of freedom when it comes to what they're allowed to say. Like I wouldn't dare reply to any moderator on any other forum the way some people do here. Like there was a reply to CrimsonShadow that ended in "the people wants to know" and I'm not going to lie it made me laugh but boy, it doesn't get any more rude than that, I've trolled people and downplayed characters in the past but never anything that lol
In order to be able to think, you have to risk being offensive.”
Jordan B. Peterson

Gamer68

Fujin!
On a serious note I think the site just kinda sucks to come to as a pro player, commentator, or developer.

I think it was Tweedy (could be wrong) that said he doesn't come to the site as often anymore because it's just awkward seeing the type of stuff people say about you openly. Like the type off stuff that people will say about you when you are gone out of the room IRL and you aren't suppose to hear, kinda low-key shit talking and whatnot.

I've noticed commentators will pretty much only show up to defend themselves -- nothing wrong with that -- but it shows that as soon as they log back in they are bombarded with BS and basically going into maximum defense mode instantly.

Then of course we often complain about stuff we don't really know anything about, which is frustrating to deal with as a dev. You see criticisms and a lot of times even straight-up flaming and there's nothing that they can do about it, but since they are on the dev team, they have to deal with it.

And that's not even going into all of the fucked up transphobic stuff and all the other stupid shit that's happened over the past year or so.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I know about it (online league, tournaments) most people on tym knows it too, dont worry. its a cool thing, keep up the good work!
also, nothing wrong with this site! only because p2w is being an hysterical drama queen lately? meh
tym,s golden era is over since long time ago, it happened because of several reasons. one reason is that other platforms are now being used by top players. that tym 2019 is different as it was back then, but thats ok! we cant do anything about it anyway. the point is, we the tym community should adapt to this era instead of wanting old tym back which is pointless, because it wont happen. why try to compete against other platforms, when we could coexist with them? tym just need another focus and some adjustment. i think this is the only way how this forum can survive in the long run.
tym could focus more on the following (as an example):

-tym official online tournament series and league (atm by vslayer)
different regions (usa, uk- eu) imo it should always be streamed and commentated. this would be a huge motivation for people to play more.
-tym new video & feedback section
a big section in where players can link their own match videos for feedback. also a place where highlevel matches can get analyzed and discussed.
-a new section for beginners only. all relevant info and knowledge gathered in one section.

at least this is what i think, sorry for my bad english btw @Vslayer
what do you think about this and what are your suggestions regarding tym?
I get what y'all mean, I even get what P2W means. The issue is, we can't have only one mod do this. We need the site's owner to organize them or the whole mod team or it won't work/be big enough.

And another issue is with the reputation that TYM has from like every single pro on twitter, it'll be hard to get them to even consider watching the streams. The change has to come from everyone really, the members the mods and the owners, and I don't see that happening any time soon.

Never got any pro to join us when we were operating under TYM's name, now that we are on discord and made the league our own (Earthrealm's Finest) - a ton of pros joined. And it sucks cause I found like the best friends I ever had gaming on here.

And it's not like we can regulate what people post quality-wise. Like we can't gatekeep and tell noobs to just not post about tech, that would be wack. So yeah pros don't come here cause it's easier for them to share tech on Twitter, and if you wanna play with them well you better be on there too cause they ain't gonna come here.

Bottom line, not much anyone can do except wait for the owners to really do something with this site. Dreamcatcher and I got our own league and tourneys to run now, but if people want to do TYM tourneys they're welcome to do it but having a big team and owners of the site would be better for publicity.

The part about having a section to review matches is good, I think we have one but it's kinda hidden and hard to find if you don't know where it is.

Wigy

There it is...
A lot of top players in the past have come on here chat like total dicks to everyone, come out with crazy whack statements or come on here crying for props often when not deserved then go all shocked picachu.jpg when everyone isnt mindlessly tossing their salad.

I basically never see anyone on here bullied for being fat or something personal outside shitting on their opinions, blowing them up for something dumb they did.

If you're getting shit maybe do some self reflection instead of shitting on tym as a whole.

As for me misgendering 16bit earlier, that was an accident, Ive known them as a guy for years so it was a slip. Sorry if I offended anyone with my comparison to being a goth, I get the gravity of the implications of being trans etc but at the end of the day it is a lifestyle choice based on how you feel and what you like so objectively is an apt comparison, but yes I can see how it's insensitive so I'm sorry. I don't think there's any comparisons you can make that reflect a lifestyle choice as difficult as being trans. I was just trying to get across it's not relevent to this forum.

If you're wanting to change minds on the topic a lot of you guys definitely need to approach it an entirely different way.

I agree with many Peterson sentiments but going around quoting him loosely is just cringe. Either formulate your own reasonable thoughts or shut up, piggybacking a popular figures sentiments isn't helpful input or clever.

Last edited:
That wouldn’t explain why Paulo, John Edwards, etc. stopped chatting in streams, even though the streams have far more viewers now than they did a few years ago.

This clearly isn't the whole story. Also there were more dev posts just a couple years ago, even though TYM's traffic today is actually above where it was during most of Injustice 2.
They still do. Paulo is often in the Ultrachen chat

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
I get what y'all mean, I even get what P2W means. The issue is, we can't have only one mod do this. We need the site's owner to organize them or the whole mod team or it won't work/be big enough.

And another issue is with the reputation that TYM has from like every single pro on twitter, it'll be hard to get them to even consider watching the streams. The change has to come from everyone really, the members the mods and the owners, and I don't see that happening any time soon.

Never got any pro to join us when we were operating under TYM's name, now that we are on discord and made the league our own (Earthrealm's Finest) - a ton of pros joined. And it sucks cause I found like the best friends I ever had gaming on here.

And it's not like we can regulate what people post quality-wise. Like we can't gatekeep and tell noobs to just not post about tech, that would be wack. So yeah pros don't come here cause it's easier for them to share tech on Twitter, and if you wanna play with them well you better be on there too cause they ain't gonna come here.

Bottom line, not much anyone can do except wait for the owners to really do something with this site. Dreamcatcher and I got our own league and tourneys to run now, but if people want to do TYM tourneys they're welcome to do it but having a big team and owners of the site would be better for publicity.

The part about having a section to review matches is good, I think we have one but it's kinda hidden and hard to find if you don't know where it is.
Joining the Discord honestly was one of the best decisions I've made recently. In a few months, I go from struggling in the game to actually taking two matches last night off a player like STB_JimmyPotato. I honestly can't thank you guys enough.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Joining the Discord honestly was one of the best decisions I've made recently. In a few months, I go from struggling in the game to actually taking two matches last night off a player like STB_JimmyPotato. I honestly can't thank you guys enough.
Is there anyone that plays on PC in the discord by chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.