What's new

NRS' Daanish Syed "confirms" something huge has still yet to be revealed!!!

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I'm a bit scared devs just generated misunderstood/misinterpretation and fucked off this idea .... sort of you can have unlockables characters, but, kinda like MK9 secret battles : like you unlocked klassic smoke, klassic reptile , etc only through secret battles and only to fight against them, not with / using them, and so, when devs says "unlockables" , they wanted to say "secret unlockables fights" not in the story mode grrr :mad: .... hope to be wrong and , indeed , there are real unlockables MK11 "playable" characters to be used, and not false "unlockables" only acessible by doing some stuff and having them revelead , but as NPC secret fights .... I know devs said they could not repeat that Rain / Sindel NPC non-playable shit stuff in MK11, but, I'm little skeptical ... I dunno if will end being true 100% .... :(
Yeah you're right, we may be completely misunderstanding what they mean and they never clarify anything, we're always left to assume.

IamBatface

www.mixer.com/WilfyDee
I think the battlepass/season type thing is the best shout as far as the "content" he is talking about. I feel like if it was a whole game mode we would know about it by now by one means or another.

Didn't the devs literally say there will be unlockable characters? Everyone on here still to negate that idea altogether.
The "Devs" never said that, a single developer replied with a nonchalant "Yeah" when he was asked if there would be secret characters.

Somehow that translated into "Ed Boon confirms multiple secret characters that are unlocked in the krypt" across the fandom, and as we can see, some people are speculating up to 5 secret characters when Ed has repeatedly stated that the final number is 25.

Given that Syed has had to correct himself and the fandom multiple times i don't really need to explain that taking situations out of context, hyping expectations and then setting yourself up for a let down when the expectations you created don't match reality is kinda dangerous.

Just gonna be super frustrating to see people try and blame this on Ed/NRS if there isn't any secret characters.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
The "Devs" never said that, a single developer replied with a nonchalant "Yeah" when he was asked if there would be secret characters.

Somehow that translated into "Ed Boon confirms multiple secret characters that are unlocked in the krypt" across the fandom, and as we can see, some people are speculating up to 5 secret characters when Ed has repeatedly stated that the final number is 25.

Given that Syed has had to correct himself and the fandom multiple times i don't really need to explain that taking situations out of context, hyping expectations and then setting yourself up for a let down when the expectations you created don't match reality is kinda dangerous.

Just gonna be super frustrating to see people try and blame this on Ed/NRS if there isn't any secret characters.
That's very true, thanks for the clarification. I just think that if there are unlockables, they wouldn't say so since they probably want to keep it a secret. Then again, because they always monetize these things now in DLCs I feel like there also may not be unlockables.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
It's not a "Yeah", but it's pretty darn close, wouldn't you say?

Paulo Garcia (Developer) Interview:

"
GC: Are there any secret characters that you'll be able to unlock?

PG: There will be secret characters, sure.

"

Source:
https://www.gamecrate.com/mortal-kombat-11-developer-interview-towers-of-time-how-gear-works-secret-characters/21980

That's very true, thanks for the clarification. I just think that if there are unlockables, they wouldn't say so since they probably want to keep it a secret. Then again, because they always monetize these things now in DLCs I feel like there also may not be unlockables.
Yeah, i agree. I just don't see the business logic in keeping multiple characters hidden when they could market those characters to sell more copies of the game...or to sell them as DLC. We will find out shortly either way!

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Not sure how any of those characters count as "relevant" outside of Mileena, and maybe Sindel. The rest are just jobbers.
With apologies to Reptile, Ermac (and Sheeva?) fans.
Ermac and Reptile are massively popular characters. Far more than Sindel. Not sure what you're smoking, bruh.

As far as the big thing left to be revealed, it's clearly the secret mode that "people are going to lose their minds" over.

I'm still calling the MK1,2,3 remasters as that mode.

Ermac and Reptile are massively popular characters. Far more than Sindel. Not sure what you're smoking, bruh.

As far as the big thing left to be revealed, it's clearly the secret mode that "people are going to lose their minds" over.

Syed already confirmed that the mode he was talking about when he said "people are going to lose their minds" was the krypt.

Given Ed's recent negative/apprehensive comments about a MK remaster being a gimmick with short term appeal i don't think we will be seeing a remaster for a while.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
That would be dope, rather than waiting for MK12 for new storylines they could create a pack focused on the story (for example Edenians for a story set in Edenia with Kenshi and Takeda on their quest to help Taven against Daegon).
Which, if I'm right, is why the sixth Augment slot, presumably the Edenian one, is empty. It wouldn't be available until that expansion.
Also predicting that, if that's true + he isn't the unlockable character now, that we get him for free like Killer Instinct did with Omen. Boon did say they would never do the same DLC twice, but he never said anything about dropping a character as a Year Two reward.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Boon did say he didn't want to do the same DLC twice in an interview, can anyone find it?

Harry Whelks

Put Mokap in Smash

Already specified I meant story relevance.
Again, Reptile is one of my favourite MK characters.

They should just make MK12 the same as MK11 and treat it as an expansion pack and have it all transfer to MK11. Be nice to finally get a real Armageddon roster where everyone is like MK11 in terms of depth and then continue to add more features,gear and skins.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
They should just make MK12 the same as MK11 and treat it as an expansion pack and have it all transfer to MK11. Be nice to finally get a real Armageddon roster where everyone is like MK11 in terms of depth and then continue to add more features,gear and skins.
Pretty much like what HITMAN 2 did to HITMAN 1?

I like the way you think.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I'm not sure how I feel about the "Seasons" or expansion idea. I want the game to be supported, but not for too long. Imagine if at the game awards we had just gotten the announcement of Kombat Pack 5 or 6 for MKX. It reminds me of how it felt like Killer Instinct was supported for too long as opposed to a sequel. I really enjoy seeing NRS enhance their games every time.

The leaps between MK9 to MKX to MK11 are unrivaled by any other fighter, and hardly any video game sequels at all.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
If I'm not mistaken Kitana, Jax, Johnny Cage and Noob Saibot didn't show up in the Steam leak, which confirmed a lot of characters from the get go. Instead they were 'named' in some slots in the leaked selection screen?

So maybe not every character got leaked.

Shang Tsung wasn't confirmed until he was shown as DLC. So what about Mileena and Shinnok? lol

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
He said he didnt want to use any kharacter for dlc two games in a row but that means nothing especially if the fan demand is high
twice in a row, or twice whenever a new MK game come out ? :(
Yeah, I think he said he didn't want to do "repeat" dlc? or something among those lines. But yeah, NRs does seem to take fan feedback well so perhaps we'll get him again? I just think NRS should do a ninja pack DLC or put a ninja in each KP. I mean personally if they did a flat out ninja pack Ermac, Smoke, Rain and Tremor who wouldn't buy that?

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm

This wasn't translated across the fandom just for the heck of it. There was a leak which said that Rain, Shang Tsung and Mileena would be secret unlockables. That's what set off this whole bruhaha.

Xelz

Go over there!
NRS has changed their minds on so many things in the past few months (generally for the better IMHO) that I wouldn't hold Boon to something he said years ago. If NRS sees a benefit in a DLC Rain, then I'd fully expect them to add him to the roster.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I guess this is what he's talking about. "BattlePasses", presumably just like Fortnite seasonal unlocks that you have to pay for a key to access.