What's new

NRS' Daanish Syed "confirms" something huge has still yet to be revealed!!!

They did say they're putting an emphasis on hidden content. Having several hidden characters would be one way of doing that.
I don't recall them saying they were putting extra emphasis on hidden content, beyond your standard krypt kollectables.

Reactions: Zev

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Look, I don't understand what your point is. I mentioned Deception as an example.

Right now, all those characters from MK11 are confirmed to be base roster. How about some characters we don't know if they're in (Mileena, Shinnok, Havik, Meat, etc) are unlockables? That's what I'm saying.

So I don't get why you insist to put words in my mouth, claiming that I want half the actual roster to be unlockable? You're weird.
........my point, which I did not think I had to spell out, is that I think your comparison is kinda... nonsense.

Dev time is not infinite. Dev resources are not infinite. Unlockable characters don't come from some separate magical budget on top of the regular game. It's all one budget, one roster. And then some of that roster is locked off and the rest of it isn't. We know what the MK11 budget allowed for, it's 25 base characters. So if you want more unlockable characters, that means they have to be locked off from the 25. They're not going to be magically added to the 25.

What I think you're trying to say is basically "I wish MK11 had 35 characters." Well... I mean, no shit, everyone wishes that, but it would appear that there's no way to have that without sacrificing the quality of the things we do have.

Ironically, NRS is actually kind of doing what you want, but instead of locking characters behind "progression," they're locking skins & gear. Which I think most people would agree is the far superior option.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
This guy loves to crush his own hyped up shit. And if not doing that himself, Happy Tyler most certainly will do it for him....

Not believing anything until I feel it with my own hands..

Last edited:

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
Even playing through story mode/tower ladder mode to unlock characters prevents people from taking those characters into the lab right when they get the game, which has been a big talking point in the past. I personally don't mind, but I know a lot of people do, and I can understand why if they just wanna learn their character and go online as fast as possible.
Those 12 characters weren't "bonus," they were just half of the game's content being arbitrarily locked away.
I loved having to unlock the roster, I thought it added more content to the game than just openeing the game up and woo everyones there. unlocking them is half the fun. Super smash ultimate just did that where you had to unlock 50+ characters and everyone loved it. People who truly love MK can wait a few days to be able to play everyone, especially since the people like that probably already would have their main unlocked right off the bat anyways.

Now I'm not saying half the roster should have to be unlocked, but it would be pretty cool if the 25 werre already there and then there was a bonus of 8 unlockables(not saying there is). Nowadays everything too instant gratification. Was nice having to earn everything in games back in the day.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I suspect they'll be adding more modes, we already know from recent news that NRS plans on adding more moves to the variations, variations etc which Tyler confirmed in the last stream and if they want people to keep coming back all they have to do is just increase kombat packs. MK X sold roughly 11 million on copies alone, MK 11 will sell at least that much if not more more than likely if they just add fan favorites like Mileena, Ermac, Fujin etc, etc that will only increase chances of people's interest beyond a years time.

Cassie Cyrus

I don’t understand why they just don’t keep adding characters till all most asked characters are in the game...

Like, Smoke, Reptile, Mileena, Rain, Ermac, Cyrax, Sektor, Nightwolf, Sindel, Sheeva, Stryker, Goro, Tanya, Fujin, Reiko, Havik, Kenshi, Li Mei, Sareena and Ferra / Torr for example

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
I don’t understand why they just don’t keep adding characters till all most asked characters are in the game...

Like, Smoke, Reptile, Mileena, Rain, Ermac, Cyrax, Sektor, Nightwolf, Sindel, Sheeva, Stryker, Goro, Tanya, Fujin, Reiko, Havik, Kenshi, Li Mei, Sareena and Ferra / Torr for example
Truly if they did that, people would still ask until everyone was in and it would be Armageddon 2.0 . . .and then people would still ask for more people that weren't playable before or LiuKangs brother, ect.

If they were truly trying to fill all those missing people, it would be better to have a kreate a character where you add everyone basic specials and attires, and let fans recreate their own favorites.

Either way it would be hard to balance, so might have to be offline only.Though SSBU has 70+ characters all available online . . . so possible just with less variations for every fighter.

Unless they truly want mk11 to live a long time and we have like 4+ kombat packs, that would be cool.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Sometimes is cool to have a "dream team" kind of game (the KoF series does this a lot), like MK Trilogy and MK Armageddon.

MK12 should include every character from MK9, and then every newcomer from MKX and MK11. Epic!

Kratilim

Noob
Sometimes is cool to have a "dream team" kind of game (the KoF series does this a lot), like MK Trilogy and MK Armageddon.

MK12 should include every character from MK9, and then every newcomer from MKX and MK11. Epic!
Honestly, I'd always go for quality over quantity. I would much rather have them develop 20 really well crafted characters than have them add a bland version of everyone. Because making characters as deep as they've made them in this game is a shit ton of work and simply not feasible for that many characters. MK Armageddon was the worst MK game by miles imo, lots of bland and boring versions of characters. A lot of reuse, and due to the size of the roster, no fatalities. No thanks, I'd always go for less but really finely crafted characters than a bland mess of everyone.

Cassie Cyrus

I don't care, I just want to see intro's with ALL characters. Intro's are my new addiction. I don't care how they play anymore, just give me intro's fatalities, storymode and towers.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I was with you until that statement. The reality is that we don’t definitively know that number yet.
I agree! Heck it's even possible that NRS is being greedy and pocketing money that could have been spent on extra characters, we'll never know.

Originally I had "apparently" in that sentence but I figured no one would care for that level of pedantry. Thanks for validating my inner pedant. :D

MK Led

Umbasa
Heck it's even possible that NRS is being greedy and pocketing money that could have been spent on extra characters, we'll never know.
WB funds nrs games as they own the company and mortal kombat license. They're definitely keeping money for themselves as is standard practice and nrs are very likely doing the best with what they've got + paying a HUGE team of developers.

Harry Whelks

Put Mokap in Smash
Imagine thinking Mileena isn't a jobber. Imagine thinking being a jobber makes you less "relevant".

In terms of story, most villains are just there to provide in-game fights for you to beat up. I love MK lore but in action it's a Saturday morning cartoon. Goodies vs Baddies. And NRS forces you to pick the Goodies.
I meant relevant in the story sense. Reptile is one of my favourite characters in MK, as is Baraka, both of which fill the same role in the current games as little more than henchmen.
But I'm glad to have received some of the passive-aggressive hostility I see all over this site lmao

Lokheit

Noob
I'm betting it's a Destiny-esque full expansion next fall after EVO.
More characters and gear, more Story mode, reinvented variations (or maybe that's when they legalize Kustom variations), new Krypt sections, etc.
That would be dope, rather than waiting for MK12 for new storylines they could create a pack focused on the story (for example Edenians for a story set in Edenia with Kenshi and Takeda on their quest to help Taven against Daegon).

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Didn't the devs literally say there will be unlockable characters? Everyone on here still to negate that idea altogether.
I'm a bit scared devs just generated misunderstood/misinterpretation and fucked off this idea .... sort of you can have unlockables characters, but, kinda like MK9 secret battles : like you unlocked klassic smoke, klassic reptile , etc only through secret battles and only to fight against them, not with / using them, and so, when devs says "unlockables" , they wanted to say "secret unlockables fights" not in the story mode grrr :mad: .... hope to be wrong and , indeed , there are real unlockables MK11 "playable" characters to be used, and not false "unlockables" only acessible by doing some stuff and having them revelead , but as NPC secret fights .... I know devs said they could not repeat that Rain / Sindel NPC non-playable shit stuff in MK11, but, I'm little skeptical ... I dunno if will end being true 100% .... :(