What's new

NRS' Daanish Syed "confirms" something huge has still yet to be revealed!!!

What if we're ALL wrong... the leaked roster page is real, there's really 9 unlockable (non-dlc) characters in the game, and NRS orchestrated the "leaks" the entire time to throw us off the scent of the actual secret characters.

Now THAT would be huge news!

Also the earth is flat and the government is poisoning our water with mind control :DOGE

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
It was badly done because you had to find certain characters and grind koins. Now it shouldn't be so shitty.
Even playing through story mode/tower ladder mode to unlock characters prevents people from taking those characters into the lab right when they get the game, which has been a big talking point in the past. I personally don't mind, but I know a lot of people do, and I can understand why if they just wanna learn their character and go online as fast as possible.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Remember when Deception had 12 unlockable characters
You would rather that Liu Kang, Kitana, Kung Lao, Jade, Kabal, Kotal Kahn, Geras, Cetrion, Frost, Noob, Baraka, and Skarlet were all locked behind trophies? Really?

Pizza

Thrill Kill
You would rather that Liu Kang, Kitana, Kung Lao, Jade, Kabal, Kotal Kahn, Geras, Cetrion, Frost, Noob, Baraka, and Skarlet were all locked behind trophies? Really?
No. Those are base roster.
Twelve (or less) additional characters.

Even playing through story mode/tower ladder mode to unlock characters prevents people from taking those characters into the lab right when they get the game, which has been a big talking point in the past. I personally don't mind, but I know a lot of people do, and I can understand why if they just wanna learn their character and go online as fast as possible.
I'd like to have the option to unlock them by playing.
If someone wants to play them without unlocking them, then make them pay for a "key" DLC

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
No. Those are base roster.
Twelve (or less) additional characters.
Uhh... MK: D's base roster, without unlockables, was only 12 characters. So I subtracted 12 from MK11's 25, and that's how I ended up with that list.

Those 12 characters weren't "bonus," they were just half of the game's content being arbitrarily locked away.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Uhh... MK: D's base roster, without unlockables, was only 12 characters. So I subtracted 12 from MK11's 25, and that's how I ended up with that list.

Those 12 characters weren't "bonus," they were just half of the game's content being arbitrarily locked away.
Look, I don't understand what your point is. I mentioned Deception as an example.

Right now, all those characters from MK11 are confirmed to be base roster. How about some characters we don't know if they're in (Mileena, Shinnok, Havik, Meat, etc) are unlockables? That's what I'm saying.

So I don't get why you insist to put words in my mouth, claiming that I want half the actual roster to be unlockable? You're weird.

I don't applaud or support scummy marketing practises like this.
Neither do I. But people were happy to pay for "easy fatalities", so why not. I bet if you start selling keys to unlock characters without playing a lot of people will buy them lmao

Reactions: Zev

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
But people were happy to pay for "easy fatalities", so why not.
People wouldn't buy them if they weren't even given the option, and the option shouldn't even have been there to start with, imo. If you could buy them for in-game koins, then I wouldn't have a problem with it. But putting them up as a microtransaction... that was such a disappointment.

I never got through the MKX Krypt because I hate jumpscares and I have crippling arachnophobia. But I NEVER bought the Krypt Unlock microtransaction.

Reactions: Zev
Wasn't there supposed to be a mode in MK11 we hadn't seen yet that was going to blow us away? And not the one that turned out to be AI battles, something else.
Syed confirmed a while back that the mode that was going to "blow us away" was the krypt.

I'm not sure if we're gonna get another "mode", i have a feeling his latest tweet might be about something else.

You might not be too far from the truth.

We have Mileena, Ermac, Reptile, Sindel and Sheeva missing as the relevant characters. They could all be unlockable by completing different modes. Ermac in Krypt, Mileena in Story, and who knows if we get maybe something like Shaolin Monks we could get Reptile by completing that.
I mean, do you really think there's a chance they would have 5 secret characters? Setting your expectations a little high when there's a good chance there's not even one hidden character?

Honestly, i think this guy just needs to stop hyping "mind blowing" things we haven't seen yet. People always take it and run with and he ends up having to correct himself. You think he would have learned from all the abuse he got when he said the reward for completing the challenge tower in mk9 was the coolest thing ever lol.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I mean, do you really think there's a chance they would have 5 secret characters? Setting your expectations a little high when there's a good chance there's not even one hidden character?

Honestly, i think this guy just needs to stop hyping "mind blowing" things we haven't seen yet. People always take it and run with and he ends up having to correct himself. You think he would have learned from all the abuse he got when he said the reward for completing the challenge tower in mk9 was the coolest thing ever lol.
They did say they're putting an emphasis on hidden content. Having several hidden characters would be one way of doing that.