What's new

Strategy - Hollywood Now that F34 has been NUKED, I challenge the community to find a single good use for it

How should have NRS approached nerfing Cassie's overall damage and utility

• Total voters

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
f3xxdb2, (right when f3 hits or gets blocked) (back, left, up, or down) + 4

credit to delbuster.
Yeah we know about the f3 option select, I was meaning an option select where f34 comes out on block or f34 special comes out. I was prob just confused with how you wrote it originally.

lol people love to over react

f34 has a lot of push back and it is only -8 which mean only reptile can punish it with a combo then you have like 2 more characters like cage that can punish it with a 8-10 damage then it is safe against the rest of the cast

Last edited:
Since F34 can no longer be used effectively in combos after losing the ability to special cancel out of it, and the string is now -8 on block I can not think of 1 single use for this string. Maybe it would have just made more sense to just completely remove this string from the game since it would have really had the same effect?

I would challenge our community to come up with 1 single good use for this string during the life of MKX barring if it is left in tact the way it currently is today. Please someone, enlighten me.

As of 5/15/15 there are currently: 1 USE

Current list of uses:
  1. Safer overhead option against most of the cast due to the pushback on block. f33 option select is -8 up close and can be punished more easily.
F34 is now a hard knockdown, end combos with it.

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
it's still an overhead safe on block right ? and if touch 18% in 2 hits

jump punch; 2,4,2; F2,1 ; DB+2; run ; F2,1 ; nut cracker
enjoy 33% meterless and 35% with ex nut craker to 50/50

it's not enougth ?

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Make f34 a Hard knock down so your opponent will not roll and make it plus 1 or Neutral.

RiBBz22

it's still an overhead safe on block right ?

jump punch; 2,4,2; F2,1 ; DB+2; run ; F2,1 ; nut cracker
enjoy 33% meterless and 35% with ex nut craker to 50/50

it's not enougth ?
lol people have no concept of the argument. Half the people on this site boil down everything to damage. I am not complaining about damage at all. Who knows if you will even understand that after I have literally directly told it to you...

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
If you can't find a use for an 18% safe overhead with pushback I don't know what to say to you.

And since when does a move need to have multiple purposes to be good? A good damaging safe overhead isn't enough? It needs to be used in combos too to be useful? Does it need to launch as well? How about giving it armor? Making it anti-air I guess would be nice too huh? Jesus Christ.

I find it hilarious that Batgirl was one of, if not the most hated character in Injustice because of vortexes and half life vortexes in the corner. Yet the character that resembles her the most in MKX gets a slight nerf and people go bonkers. (She still does 40% into vortexes in the corner lol)

No wonder Paulo doesn't listen to anyone. This community sucks.

If you can't find a use for an 18% safe overhead with pushback I don't know what to say to you.

And since when does a move need to have multiple purposes to be good? A good damaging safe overhead isn't enough? It needs to be used in combos too to be useful? Does it need to launch as well? How about giving it armor? Making it anti-air I guess would be nice too huh? Jesus Christ.

I find it hilarious that Batgirl was one of, if not the most hated character in Injustice because of vortexes and half life vortexes in the corner. Yet the character that resembles her the most in MKX gets a slight nerf and people go bonkers. (She still does 40% into vortexes in the corner lol)

RiBBz22

Fair enough point on it being safe against most of the cast, although I have already acknowledged this earlier. Also, I am not arguing about adding any extra utility to the move or whining about damage output, so the rest of your argument falls flat to me since that isn't my point at all (not that I don't understand what you are getting at).

My point is that I feel the move could have been nerfed in a far better way than just knocking off the special cancel. I think damage scaling would have been fine to adjust and it would still keep some unique aspects to her playstyle in Hollywood (IE f34 in combos), because I feel like the nerf eliminated a lot of them.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Fair enough point on it being safe against most of the cast, although I have already acknowledged this earlier. Also, I am not arguing about adding any extra utility to the move or whining about damage output, so the rest of your argument falls flat to me since that isn't my point at all (not that I don't understand what you are getting at).

My point is that I feel the move could have been nerfed in a far better way than just knocking off the special cancel. I think damage scaling would have been fine to adjust and it would still keep some unique aspects to her playstyle in Hollywood (IE f34 in combos), because I feel like the nerf eliminated a lot of them.

I think you're being petty. It'll take you an hour to relearn your corner combo. If that.

RiBBz22

I think you're being petty. It'll take you an hour to relearn your corner combo. If that.
BNBs are not a big deal to learn I agree. I just feel like part of the way we used this variation that made it unique is lost because of the way it was nerfed, and that probably could have been avoided if it was changed in another way that is equally simple.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
In a game where knockdowns are equally as good as resets, I really don't understand the issue at all. I also didn't know it was possible to develop an emotional attachment to a string as it seems most Cassie players have.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
The challenge you set in the title is a distraction from the main question. Why go after f34 string if she still easily gets 46%?

I mean if NRS' intention was to hurt Cassie's corner damage then they did a terrible job.

- Nerf F34
- Still get more damage than most characters anyway
- Cry
lol. oh, tym, always missing the point

Last edited: