What's new

Strategy - Hollywood Now that F34 has been NUKED, I challenge the community to find a single good use for it

How should have NRS approached nerfing Cassie's overall damage and utility

• Total voters

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Since F34 can no longer be used effectively in combos after losing the ability to special cancel out of it, and the string is now -8 on block I can not think of 1 single use for this string. Maybe it would have just made more sense to just completely remove this string from the game since it would have really had the same effect?

I would challenge our community to come up with 1 single good use for this string during the life of MKX barring if it is left in tact the way it currently is today. Please someone, enlighten me.

As of 5/15/15 there are currently: 1 USE

Current list of uses:
  1. Safer overhead option against most of the cast due to the pushback on block. f33 option select is -8 up close and can be punished more easily.

Last edited:

protools27

Rebel without a scene
Have we tested what can punish it, in comparison to F33? Seems like F34 has some pushback. Still super emo about it tho, very lazy move by NRS.

RiBBz22

It's an overhead with pushback on block, definitely has a use.
And leaves you -8 and your opponent in a techable splat knockdown if the string hits. Whereas you have f33 an overhead low string that can be option selected to convert into a combo on hit. You are reaching.

RiBBz22

I have added a counter at the top that I will keep updated. So far we have zero uses.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
And leaves you -8 and your opponent in a techable splat knockdown if the string hits. Whereas you have f33 an overhead low string that can be option selected to convert into a combo on hit. You are reaching.

It's -8 with pushback. Who punishes this besides Reptile slide?

f+3 and f+3,3 don't have pushback so they're not safe.

In the Cassie mirror f+3 and f+3,3 are punishable with full combo. F+3,4 is safe.

f34 is option selectable and is safer on block. cassie can also punish f33 but not f34. I use the f34 ender on midscreen juggles.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
What is this option select business? I thought they removed some of those with this patch? I wouldn't use that as a argument in case they remove option selects altogether. Also, it's a overhead that causes knockback as a few have stated. Not many can punish it from that distance.

RiBBz22

What is this option select business? I thought they removed some of those with this patch? I wouldn't use that as a argument in case they remove option selects altogether. Also, it's a overhead that causes knockback as a few have stated. Not many can punish it from that distance.
If you input f33 as f3db23 plinking the 2 and 3 then backflip comes out on hit and f33 comes out on block. Since it has the same frame data on block as f34 with less pushback it is the less safe option now.

RiBBz22

It's -8 with pushback. Who punishes this besides Reptile slide?

f+3 and f+3,3 don't have pushback so they're not safe.

In the Cassie mirror f+3 and f+3,3 are punishable with full combo. F+3,4 is safe.
Good point actually and I can own that for sure. I will give the community a total of 1 use for this string as we stand today. You are right even though we can option select f33 it is still -8 on block so it can be blown up easier than f34 which is probably safe against a lot of the cast.

he knows its not full combo punishable, but ribbz wants to attack all day without having to block so anything that ends his offense is useless