What's new

Not on my watch.....

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
With Injustice running full speed ahead, there are road blocks stopping us from growing to the community we could become.

1. Scorpion:
This was literally like a prison riot. People were MAD, almost as if Scorpion had physically oppressed the community. If this continues, the community will literally be ripped into shreds. Everyone weighed in, everyone gave their opinion, everyone's opinion was taken into consideration... TO's gave their verdict and NRS responded by "normalizing" Scorpion further. We put out all the information so that everyone can make a decision and NRS "normalized" him and TO's decided to keep him tourney legal. It's time to move forward and drop this issue COLD. The changes to Scorpion along with a universal AA buff are enough to allow this to play out before anyone makes any kind of decision on him being too powerful. Lets drop all this and move on and play.

2. The MK9 vs IGAU debate is RIDICULOUS... Both are good games and ppl should play what they like. To try and get players to drop IGAU and play MK9 is counterproductive to the communities growth. This notion that IGAU is a "scrubs game" simply because you arent as good at it, dont like DC, etc.. stops us from growing which ultimately hurts the numbers we could have going forward into future games such as MK10.

Lets stop the nonsense, get on the same page, and freaking PLAY!!
i think you should back to MK9 tournaments, shit, i miss your Sub-Zero. Btw if you do that, you will inspire people to go back to MK9.
Why can't people play both? This situation is ridiculous!

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
You're not serious are you? Why don't we just replace all cgi with Gumby-style claymation? Animation matters. If Mortal Kombat 1 had been anything like Pit-Fighter, it would have failed instantly. Animation/movement matters. Ken Lobb went out of his way to highlight the responsiveness of the new KI. It matters. If you buy a new car and it rides like ass, will you be cool with that? NRS goes to extraordinary lengths to give us rich, detailed characters and backgrounds, and the responsiveness of the movement doesn't live up to those high standards.

The animation is the only thing holding their product back. People who won't admit this are baffling to me. I grew up watching Gumby, Harryhausen, and playing Combat on Atari. I can appreciate leaps in entertainment quality. Gumby to Harryhausen to Star Wars to T2 and Jurassic park was mind blowing. Atari to Nintendo to Genesis to the Mortal Kombat arcade was mindblowing. I don't get why people don't appreciate animation.
Agreed. Animations do matter a great deal and the animations in both Injustice and MK9 are stiff, weird, and awkward. Not to mention all female characters in MK9 were ugly and manly, same with Wonder Woman in Injustice. NRS really needs to improve in that department.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
i'm pretty sure scorpion will remain a problem, but some of the lesser characters will get better.
He's exactly the same as he was before, the only difference is now Scorpion seems slightly less sarcastic. The risk/reward for MB Teleport Punch is still basically 0/100, and it will still control the match. You will still ALWAYS be in check for free.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I thought the Scorpion response has been largely positive, despite the unrest it caused; because for the first time, it brought the entire community together, got people talking about real issues, caused a lot of people to communicate with NRS and NRS to communicate back.

With even Ed Boon weighing in, it was good to see the community make their voices heard, and also good to see NRS clarify that they were listening. It also brought a lot of new people here to the forums, and started a multi-way dialouge between TYM, EventHubs, etc.

If anything it showed that there were a lot of people who really care about the future of IGAU and are willing to stand up, rather than let it be ruined in their eyes by something that destroys the fundamentals of the game. It's controversial and not everyone will agree with each other; but if people didn't care they wouldn't speak up.

Mr. Wizard made a comment a few weeks ago about the IGAU community not being willing to make a strong stand on issues and tourney considerations -- can't really say that anymore.

We will get through this and it will make both the game and community stronger as a result. This isn't one person's 'watch' -- it's a community full of diverse opinions and players from all kinds of backgrounds, and it's everyone's passion and input that will help determine where things go from here.

If the d.2 buff is big it could be a HUGE help to Ares.

Be warned, it will require you the intense dedication, determination, and focus of approximately 5 minutes.
maybe it's enough to counter scorpion's j3

He's exactly the same as he was before, the only difference is now Scorpion seems slightly less sarcastic. The risk/reward for MB Teleport Punch is still basically 0/100, and it will still control the match. You will still ALWAYS be in check for free.
We'll see how broken he still is after the patch, scorpion's changes don't seem that big.

Great post by Tom, also I feel bad for whoever chooses scorpion on my bro lol, he has got that matchup down too good. Bodied my scorpion with superman yesterday lol I was salty.

If at all possible can we stop having people compare this game to MK9? I know some people on this site really wanted the game to be MK9 with DC skins, but it isn't.

There isn't a day that goes by where you don't see people have status updates on the main forum page saying they haven't played Injustice for a week, like it is a badge of honor. You see people from this community retiring while making a big fuss, then coming out of retirement a week later. It's just a bit much for a growing community and honestly it's not a good look. It forces people to second guess if the game is worth playing even if they are enjoying it currently.

If you are trying to grow a community, having a positive attitude and actual hype for the game you play might help.

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
I guess I am blind because I never noticed lol
I have but the older mk game controls including mk9 feel soo much better than this game.. However someone discovered wave dashing in this 2 days ago so thats a good start

Sent from my SCH-R920 using Tapatalk 2

I've never seen so many hypocrites in my life. We all know if anyone else made this thread everybody would accuse the poster of complaining about complainers.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I have but the older mk game controls including mk9 feel soo much better than this game.. However someone discovered wave dashing in this 2 days ago so thats a good start

Sent from my SCH-R920 using Tapatalk 2
WAT?

Time for dat Final Destination, interactables off, Fox-only!

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
WAT?

Time for dat Final Destination, interactables off, Fox-only!

there is a way to wave dash in this game.... IDK if the new patch will effect the technique but using light attack can shorten your dash recovery like in mahvel