What's new

Not on my watch.....

Vogue

Noob
The CAPCOM/ NAMCO/ ARKSUS fighters have always felt more fluid and have have had better animations/ character designs / Effects/ Music. NRS has made a quality game with Injustice, game mechanics-wise. The character designs(looks) are mostly cool but look at most of the females faces and the attack animations on a lot of characters look re-used from MK. The voices and clashes and story however is very well done. Also the scorpion character re-design is fucking amazing, shout outs to that.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
The answer is to prepare.
Prepare like: Scrape up whatever tech you can to fight Scorpion, gain knowledge, improve in execution, adaption, and general performance. When you fight him, do your best.

Don't prepare in this way: Bitch about Scorpion, hold off on playing the game to complain, get salty when you have to fight him, then get bodied.
Then complain about Zod's brokeness afterwards.
Trust me i have no problems vs scorpion. Ive already learned and adapted. Just ask Perfect Legend.

I agree people will just have to learn how to fight him. Im one of the biggest supporters of not liking his playstyle being in the game but it did not stop me from learning as much as i could vs him cause he is undoubtedly one of Black Adams few bad MU's. I will fear no scorpion and people honestly should learn to move on now that the ban movement has passed.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
Once we move on from Scorpion, Zod's next on our list of things we expect to get bitched about. Hopefully I'm wrong on that.
You won't be wrong. Fighting games bring the worst out in a big chunk of the fan base. If it's hard to get used it, they want it to disappear.

Not sure if it's just the MK9 player in me, but Scorpion is absolutely no better than anyone else on the roster to me. Everytime I play him, I win. I got used to his game and what he's trying to do since his moveset is so damn similar to MK9. Haven't lost to a Scorpion since the first day he came out to season pass users...and no, I don't play Scorpion, but I will after the nerfs. Was waiting for the inevitable changes before I picked him up. Going to need him for Zod.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Yay, now we can go back to online players bragging about how well they do against Scorpion online. Guys, I beat scorpion in a setting where he has difficulty reacting to me! Hes not a problem, GO TOM!

Vogue

Noob
People bitching about Zod and all is fine. People are going to bitch, but we couldn't let the game die due to a character .

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
People bitching about Zod and all is fine. People are going to bitch, but we couldn't let the game die due to a character .
I hope zod's trait hits people in the back so that when he jails people in block they have to hit forward, back, forward, back, forward, back while trying to deal with his overhead/low game as well.

You won't be wrong. Fighting games bring the worst out in a big chunk of the fan base. If it's hard to get used it, they want it to disappear.
I say "hopefully I'm wrong" because that's what I want, not what I expect. I know human nature too well to think I'll be wrong.

It's a shame this is how it has to be, but eventually you learn this is how it will always be like, and then it's as if it doesn't matter anymore; the Earth continues to spin around and around.

Vogue

Noob
I hope zod's trait hits people in the back so that when he jails people in block they have to hit forward, back, forward, back, forward, back while trying to deal with his overhead/low game as well.
I hope the game is fun and people keep playing it that's all I care about .

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Yay, now we can go back to online players bragging about how well they do against Scorpion online. Guys, I beat scorpion in a setting where he has difficulty reacting to me! Hes not a problem, GO TOM!
First people say play REO or PL. Then people say you cant play online either. So basically if you don't live in NY or Ohio your a fraud?

That being said I don't play online at all but if someone plays PL and REO online I am sure they would be more prepared for the MU than someone who hasn't played the MU at all.

Again this is not an attack on you personally, so don't freak out lol.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
First people say play REO or PL. Then people say you cant play online either. So basically if you don't live in NY or Ohio your a fraud?

That being said I don't play online at all but if someone plays PL and REO online I am sure they would be more prepared for the MU than someone who hasn't played the MU at all.

Again this is not an attack on you personally, so don't freak out lol.
Online should just never be taken seriously. Lag throws reaction out of the window and forces you to make reads and predictions.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
The general motion is a problem, walking, dashing; and it's the dynamic motion that's a problem, punching, jumping, kicking, special actions. The movements are rigid, and to the point, without a lot of buildup which reduces tension (anticipation). I don't want to post SF movement to compare it to, so I can avoid the SF vs MK bs, and I don't want to post a bunch of pictures on here even though I just captured some off of youtube. I don't understand how you guys don't see this. Animation has laws: general rules. Those laws give animation its quality.

MK has never been based on traditional(hand drawn/stop-motion) animation save for Goro and the other stop-motion models, so the games never really needed things like extreme squash and stretch or exaggeration (though certain details like uppercuts and roundhouses did get exaggerated effects). The human actors gave us real movements because they were real people (martial artists). If the ball of a foot needed to rotate properly to perform a kick, or if a forearm needed to rotate properly to make a jab look natural, then the human actors just did it. No one needed to do any extra keyframing to make the performances look believable/realistic. The new games switched to motion capture, but motion capture just gives you motion. It doesn't give you the subtle actions that take place when people move. It just looks jarring, when everything in NRS games is hyper detailed, and the movement comes off as slightly robotic. All of the dashing/backdashing in MK9 reminds me of fencing dashes, with wide strides, but it seems weird looking in a "Kung-Fu fighting game".

http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/aim/a_notes/anim_principles.html

Check out the SSF4 credits on youtube if you want to see the kind of subtle movement I'm talking about.

Someone wrote a great post on a forum somewhere about the 12 principles of animation MK and fighters, but I can't find it. Anyway, here's the link they had in their post. It inspired a lot of what I wrote.

http://art-eater.com/2010/07/test-1-darkstalkers/
I guess I am blind because I never noticed lol

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I guess I am blind because I never noticed lol
Or you just don't care enough to notice.

That's why I don't care so much about costumes. When I am in the middle of a fight they could replace Catwoman with Baraka and I wouldn't notice, I just play the game lol

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
The general motion is a problem, walking, dashing; and it's the dynamic motion that's a problem, punching, jumping, kicking, special actions. The movements are rigid, and to the point, without a lot of buildup which reduces tension (anticipation). I don't want to post SF movement to compare it to, so I can avoid the SF vs MK bs, and I don't want to post a bunch of pictures on here even though I just captured some off of youtube. I don't understand how you guys don't see this. Animation has laws: general rules. Those laws give animation its quality.

MK has never been based on traditional(hand drawn/stop-motion) animation save for Goro and the other stop-motion models, so the games never really needed things like extreme squash and stretch or exaggeration (though certain details like uppercuts and roundhouses did get exaggerated effects). The human actors gave us real movements because they were real people (martial artists). If the ball of a foot needed to rotate properly to perform a kick, or if a forearm needed to rotate properly to make a jab look natural, then the human actors just did it. No one needed to do any extra keyframing to make the performances look believable/realistic. The new games switched to motion capture, but motion capture just gives you motion. It doesn't give you the subtle actions that take place when people move. It just looks jarring, when everything in NRS games is hyper detailed, and the movement comes off as slightly robotic. All of the dashing/backdashing in MK9 reminds me of fencing dashes, with wide strides, but it seems weird looking in a "Kung-Fu fighting game".

http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/aim/a_notes/anim_principles.html

Check out the SSF4 credits on youtube if you want to see the kind of subtle movement I'm talking about.

Someone wrote a great post on a forum somewhere about the 12 principles of animation MK and fighters, but I can't find it. Anyway, here's the link they had in their post. It inspired a lot of what I wrote.

http://art-eater.com/2010/07/test-1-darkstalkers/
I know what you mean. In this game its hard(er) to bait out whiffs and punish them accordingly. In street fighter you can walk back and forth quickly to be inside and out of an opponents normal range. When you see what looks like hesitation thats exactly what is happening, opponents are trying to bait out an action to punish.

Using a move out of a dashing animation is not fast enough. In fact dashing in general will get you killed in this game due to the recovery time on it.

Another thing to consider in those games is that fast normals are 2-3 frames. Whereas in this game the fastest normal is 6 frames. I get the feeling NRS wanted their 2d fighters to still feel sort of like a 3d game and its sort of hard to deny that tekken or soul calibur doesn't look clunky either.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
The animations arent stiff, but the recovery on the moves are too long to my liking. That i admit is wierd.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
I cant wait to try Injustice 1..05 man, I may find that flash may kill me now but it will be good none the less. And if you want to play MK thats great. I think I will play this though. Its preference. Tiss All.

I really am hopeful for this patch, but I feel a bit uneasy. Something tells me the Scorpion nerfs won't be enough, but again, I hope this works. The only thing I don't like is the repeated Superman nerfs, but hey, you can't escape when so many people use him. So I picked up GL (not touched by the patch with d2 buff and indirect buff from other characters getting nerfed) and I've been using Lobo (not touched by patch :( but still d2 buff and indirect buff from others' nerfs). Hopefully they leave Zod alone, as I want to main him because he's my favorite DC villain, but I know he'll call attention so whatever I guess.

I look forward to the patch and seeing you all online! Let's kick some butt!