What's new

Not on my watch.....

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Kabal ruined MK9. It just was more difficult for the average mouth breather to pick him up. In Injustice this is not the case, anyone can pick up Scorpion within a weeks worth of time and see Kabal tier results.

I understand how Scorpion works. And as much as you believe there will be some dominant strategy that magically makes him not an issue I simply disagree. People aren't even playing Scorpion the way he will be played if they actually fix his teleport and when the actually do fix the teleport he will still be a dominant force with a little bit of work.
His point can be proven with batgirl..... Batgirl is Scorpion light.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Batgirl is just like any other vortex character. Annoying? Sure. Gamebreaking? Naw.

Also, this is Tom Brady:
lol batgirl is not like any other vortex character.... neither is KF
because both options are safe!!!!

hence the "light" part.... but she can basically do the same type of nonsense.... but her j3 isn't disjointed

I think that non of hte DLC should be legal for Evo..... i mean.... it doesn't make sense for them to be in this short of time anyhow. *shrug*

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
lol batgirl is not like any other vortex character.... neither is KF
because both options are safe!!!!

hence the "light" part.... but she can basically do the same type of nonsense.... but her j3 isn't disjointed

I think that non of hte DLC should be legal for Evo..... i mean.... it doesn't make sense for them to be in this short of time anyhow. *shrug*
They are negative on block. Safe, but it stops her pressure.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
We need official word from MrWizard. Is Scorpion allowed to ruin the biggest gaming tournament of the year, or not?

If this is the case I will be working on my Scorpion in preperation for EVO with the soul intent of ruining as many tournament experiences as possible.
Sao next time your online the same time as me send me an invite. I can help you with scorpion if youd like.
Ive learned some good gimmicks against this guy ill share with you

You're not serious are you? Why don't we just replace all cgi with Gumby-style claymation? Animation matters. If Mortal Kombat 1 had been anything like Pit-Fighter, it would have failed instantly. Animation/movement matters. Ken Lobb went out of his way to highlight the responsiveness of the new KI. It matters. If you buy a new car and it rides like ass, will you be cool with that? NRS goes to extraordinary lengths to give us rich, detailed characters and backgrounds, and the responsiveness of the movement doesn't live up to those high standards.

The animation is the only thing holding their product back. People who won't admit this are baffling to me. I grew up watching Gumby, Harryhausen, and playing Combat on Atari. I can appreciate leaps in entertainment quality. Gumby to Harryhausen to Star Wars to T2 and Jurassic park was mind blowing. Atari to Nintendo to Genesis to the Mortal Kombat arcade was mindblowing. I don't get why people don't appreciate animation.
When ya'll bring up the animation thing, like what exactly are ya'll referring to? And how is it holding their product back?

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Im not a pro by any means. Im also no where near to being the best player on this site. But if you guys want to know my gimmicks ive learned against scorpion add me on xbox. I just want to focus on being positive in this community now

We should all listen to the wise words of grand master Zoidberg. I heard he has slayed many top level Scorpions that were much better than REO. No one knows who those Scorpions are.. but one thing is for sure, they existed and are now retired forever. I heard the MB b3 tech was too much for them, they just couldn't keep up with the meter race.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
We should all listen to the wise words of grand master Zoidberg. I heard he has slayed many top level Scorpions that were much better than REO. No one knows who those Scorpions are. But one thing is for sure, they existed and are now retired forever. I heard the MB b3 tech was too much for them, they just couldn't keep up with the meter race.
Lol...well scorpions here. He aint going anywhere so we better start looking for tech from anywhere we can

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Sao next time your online the same time as me send me an invite. I can help you with scorpion if youd like.
Ive learned some good gimmicks against this guy ill share with you
I think I have you on my friends. I see dabears sign on and off of xbl a lot.

I'm going to learn Scorpion and will try to combat what you throw at me.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
With Injustice running full speed ahead, there are road blocks stopping us from growing to the community we could become.

1. Scorpion:
This was literally like a prison riot. People were MAD, almost as if Scorpion had physically oppressed the community. If this continues, the community will literally be ripped into shreds. Everyone weighed in, everyone gave their opinion, everyone's opinion was taken into consideration... TO's gave their verdict and NRS responded by "normalizing" Scorpion further. We put out all the information so that everyone can make a decision and NRS "normalized" him and TO's decided to keep him tourney legal. It's time to move forward and drop this issue COLD. The changes to Scorpion along with a universal AA buff are enough to allow this to play out before anyone makes any kind of decision on him being too powerful. Lets drop all this and move on and play.

2. The MK9 vs IGAU debate is RIDICULOUS... Both are good games and ppl should play what they like. To try and get players to drop IGAU and play MK9 is counterproductive to the communities growth. This notion that IGAU is a "scrubs game" simply because you arent as good at it, dont like DC, etc.. stops us from growing which ultimately hurts the numbers we could have going forward into future games such as MK10.

Lets stop the nonsense, get on the same page, and freaking PLAY!!

Zoidberg747

We should all listen to the wise words of grand master Zoidberg. I heard he has slayed many top level Scorpions that were much better than REO. No one knows who those Scorpions are. But one thing is for sure, they existed and are now retired forever. I heard the MB b3 tech was too much for them, they just couldn't keep up with the meter race.
Why do I get shit on for posting bad tech?

Remember when REO said you could get out of Kabal's 2 NDC infinite by just "letting go of block". Hmmm, HMMM?

Also GGA 16 Bit and Under_The_Mayo also agree that Catwoman can handle Scorpion. You can take your snarky comments to them too.

Edit: And for the record, I never said my MB B3 tech was an end to the scorpion problem. I said it was a possible solution for the jumping and possibly a gimmick you could use to catch them off guard. Stop putting words into my mouth and actually go read the damn thread for once.

Why do I get shit on for posting bad tech?

Remember when REO said you could get out of Kabal's 2 NDC infinite by just "letting go of block". Hmmm, HMMM?

Also GGA 16 Bit and Under_The_Mayo also agree that Catwoman can handle Scorpion. You can take your snarky comments to them too.

Edit: And for the record, I never said my MB B3 tech was an end to the scorpion problem. I said it was a possible solution for the jumping and possibly a gimmick you could use to catch them off guard. Stop putting words into my mouth and actually go read the damn thread for once.
I think Reo was referring to newbies who didn't know what they where doing because all they would do is 2 ndc's. I think he specifically said it as far as I can remember.

Vogue

Noob
Zoidburg is actually exactly what Tom Brady was referring to. Stop engaging him , stop responding the argent will never be over. Lets wait and see what happens at CEO ( wish REO was going) and see how the patch goes before we make any kind of EVO petition .

Also pleae no hour one tier list when Zod patch hits. D2 will effect every matchup , lets not pretend we know everything in a day again.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Zoidburg is actually exactly what Tom Brady was referring to. Stop engaging him , stop responding the argent will never be over. Lets wait and see what happens at CEO ( wish REO was going) and see how the patch goes before we make any kind of EVO petition .

Also pleae no hour one tier list when Zod patch hits. D2 will effect every matchup , lets not pretend we know everything in a day again.
Reo is going.

Zoidberg747

I was not the one who brought up the issue, FYI.

Also I don't think there is going to be another EVO petition, considering Scorpion got nerfed and MrWizard was hesistant to ban him in the first place, I am pretty sure he will be legal at EVO.

And since he is(probably) legal at EVO it would actually do the community good to talk about him instead of just freaking out.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the results" - Sun Tzu

THIS IS WARRRRRR. So ares is the answer?
The answer is to prepare.
Prepare like: Scrape up whatever tech you can to fight Scorpion, gain knowledge, improve in execution, adaption, and general performance. When you fight him, do your best.

Don't prepare in this way: Bitch about Scorpion, hold off playing the game to complain, get salty when you have to fight him, then get bodied.
Then bitch about Zod's brokeness afterwards.