What's new

Not on my watch.....

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Well said.

Though I wonder how long it will take before gishtezashqip7797 mocks everyone for thinking Scorpion is not an issue, and M2Dave talks about Nerfstroke.

Agree on both points.

I still think Scorpion doesn't fit into the game and he will always be good because of the way he was designed. But now with the recent patch changes I think he will at least be more fair to fight. There's not much we can do now anyway, so we just have to accept that he is legal and accept that some matchups will be heavily skewed in Scorpion's favor. We'll just have to learn Killer Frost or Wonder Woman for that matchup.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Scorpion raped everyone's DC childhood with his J3 Teleports.......is what they think.

The MK9 vs I:GAU debate is to be expected from humans: they hate what they fear, and they fear what is different or don't understand. It is akin to racism, sexism, and other prejudices. Nothing new here, folks. That doesn't mean it is acceptable, however.

Agreed. Some of the perspectives people take on the subject are absolutely ridiculous.

I choose MK over Injustice because I love MK with a passion fierce enough to still want to keep myself at the top of my capability in its ways. That's not to say I won't still be keeping up on my IGAU ins and outs, especially when Zod takes it on himself to start making everyone who isn't Scorpion kneel before him.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
That seems to be the case.
Done with this game after Evo. Did we not get enough votes to get rid of Scorpion and decide after whether or not he will be an issue?

You guys are so quick to follow suit and do whatever our "role models" tell us to do. Keep in mind that some people care about staying tight with NRS and will side with whatever they're told. Of course they will write off Scorpion balance changes (without even being able to play against it yet) as if its problem solved.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Done with this game after Evo. Did we not get enough votes to get rid of Scorpion and decide after whether or not he will be an issue?
Yes. Although Mr. Wizard hasn't explicitly said "He's banned / He's legal", he noted we should be happy that patch 1.05 will be used at EVO.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Why because everyone will follow your guide on how to beat him and burn meter guessing with mb f3/b3's? WHICH IS AMAZING ADVICE BY THE WAY.
You dont even need that with the nerfs. D2s will take away his J1/J3 game, and now MB Tele is - on block which grants him nothing for a bar.

People will adapt and people will learn. If you don't want to, that is fine. I was trying to find universal tech to help the community. I have tons of Catwoman stuff that makes the MU not a problem for me personally.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
The smartest thing I've truly seen someone come up with in terms of counters to Scorpion is jokers trait on reaction to the teleport. But while you're busy essentially playing cyclone at chuck e' cheeses scorpion pulls out his other dominant tools to throw you off. Waiting and trying to react with things does not counter Scorpion because he ALWAYS has you in check.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
You dont even need that with the nerfs. D2s will take away his J1/J3 game, and now MB Tele is - on block which grants him nothing for a bar.

People will adapt and people will learn. If you don't want to, that is fine. I was trying to find universal tech to help the community. I have tons of Catwoman stuff that makes the MU not a problem for me personally.
You talk with absolute certainty as if you've been playing the patch and now know that everybody has Solomon Grundy esque d2's. I will jump at you so you whiff that shit and mb tele prematurely. j1/j3 xx tele will still run this game.

Yes I'm sure this is about my skill as a player and not an issue within the game. I would destroy you kid.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
The smartest thing I've truly seen someone come up with in terms of counters to Scorpion is jokers trait on reaction to the teleport. But while you're busy essentially playing cyclone at chuck e' cheeses scorpion pulls out his other dominant tools to throw you off. Waiting and trying to react with things does not counter Scorpion because he ALWAYS has you in check.
There are a lot of characters in fighting games that always have you in check. Kabal being one example.

You don't have to react to things all the time, one right guess and you get an AA combo, or if he MB teles you can pressure. The best thing you can do against Scorpion is to overwhelm him and know the holes in your offense. If you know when he can MB tele, you can stop it there and bait an MB tele(Even backdash it).

Scorpion is tricky, don't get me wrong. But he is also unexplored. He WILL become easier with time.

You talk with absolute certainty as if you've been playing the patch and now know that everybody has Solomon Grundy esque d2's. I will jump at you so you whiff that shit and mb tele prematurely. j1/j3 xx tele will still run this game.

Yes I'm sure this is about my skill as a player and not an issue within the game. I would destroy you kid.
And you talk as if the patch did nothing. He got two heavy nerfs, that will surely affect how good he is.

I never said you were bad. Hell I never even said you wouldn't eventually adapt. I just said that if you don't want to adapt, then that is your choice.

And it is stupidly easy to win matches in your mind over the internet, so i'll bite and say I would destroy you too :REO

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
There are a lot of characters in fighting games that always have you in check. Kabal being one example.

You don't have to react to things all the time, one right guess and you get an AA combo, or if he MB teles you can pressure. The best thing you can do against Scorpion is to overwhelm him and know the holes in your offense. If you know when he can MB tele, you can stop it there and bait an MB tele(Even backdash it).

Scorpion is tricky, don't get me wrong. But he is also unexplored. He WILL become easier with time.
Kabal ruined MK9. It just was more difficult for the average mouth breather to pick him up. In Injustice this is not the case, anyone can pick up Scorpion within a weeks worth of time and see Kabal tier results.

I understand how Scorpion works. And as much as you believe there will be some dominant strategy that magically makes him not an issue I simply disagree. People aren't even playing Scorpion the way he will be played if they actually fix his teleport and when the actually do fix the teleport he will still be a dominant force with a little bit of work.