What's new

NORTHEAST CHAMPIONSHIP (NECXI) Dec 4th & 5th-- IN PHILADELPHIA PA--UMK3, MKII +3D MK Tournaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
From when i talked to Phil and Shock about this, i said i would take the train to save the trip from getting me, but problem is i am bringing a tv, computer and console with me, so i cannot go as of now.

Noob
Check, SOMEONE will pick you up... We'll work that out. I'll call you tonight and we'll work something out.

Right now I need to know if any of the NJ or NY guys are capable of picking him up.

Most likely, I won't be able to because I will have a car with myself, my fiance, at least 2 dogs with supplies(including blankets, beds, food, toys), 1 19" flat screen CRT, 1 PC with monitor, 1 laptop, 1 PS2, multiple sticks, stream and capture equipment, my "magic bag" of wires controllers and converters, and I'm sure some miscellaneous things.

I am bringing the CRT mainly for the SFA3 tournament, but it can also be used for MKDC and the other 3d MK games when it's finished.

Check, you're going to NEC even if I have to strap you to the hood of my car.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
So am i. I just wanted to keep everyone up to date on things.

EDIT - Thanks, Phil.
check i said that even if its last min notice that if no one from your area is able to give you a ride that i will --> even if i find out one day before. :) i said this in the first email i sent to you asking if shock could give you a ride to save myself time (2.5 Hours) and $$ (trying to save for donations for others to come) .

i havent replied to your PSN email because i forgot until just now. but basically i am going to probably use my sisters 32 inch crt tv. im just going to need help bringing it into the hotel and stuff because its heavy, it may have some baby stuff on it lol the computer and console, can that go on the train ride?

Noob
What console is needed? Obviously we need a PS3 with MKDC that has Kahn and Darkseid unlocked. I will have the ps2 there for SFA3 as well as any 3d MK games as needed, but I definitely suggest someone bringing another just in case.

Check, you may not even need to bring your TV because Dan and I will each have one with us, and most likely we won't be running multiple 3d MK games at once... it will, in all likelihood, be one after the other throughout the day on Saturday.

As of right now, what we have planned for Saturday(being run by the MK crew) is:

MK2
MK2 Single Elimination Random Select High Stakes(possibly)
UMK3 Single Elimination Random Select High Stakes(possibly)
UMK3 Teams(either 2v2 in game or a 3v3 standard teams tourney)(possibly)
Killer Instinct
Street Fighter Alpha 3
MKDC
MKDA
MKD
MKA

Now, that is ALOT of tournaments... that's at minimum 7, but possibly as many as 10 being run by us.

Not to mention that there will be tons of UMK3 casuals all day on Saturday, so we'll need at least one PC/Laptop dedicated to UMK3 along with Storms' cabinet.

1 PC/Laptop dedicated to Killer Instinct until the tournament is complete

1 PC/Laptop dedicated to MK2 until the tournament is complete(along with possible HSRS Tourney)

1 PS2 with CRT dedicated to SFA3 until the tournament is complete.

Based on what I've read, this is what we'll have:

My PC (most likely dedicated to Killer Instinct until it's done)
My laptop (my laptop dedicated to running most of the brackets)
Rob's Laptop (most likely dedicated to MK2 or UMK3)
Check's PC (most likely dedicated to MKDC and 3d MK capture)

So, we still need at least one more PC/Laptop for playing or else UMK3 will be run solely on Storms' Cab until after the KI tournament.

I know Tim will have his laptop if he is there, so that will help.

I may be able to rustle up another PC if I have to, but it's going to be for running brackets, not for running a game...in which case I'll have to run a game on my Laptop which will have to be MK2 output to either a projector or an S-Video enabled CRT. I have a second laptop, but it needs a new hard drive before it will work again.

I can talk to Shock about bringing his PC.

I need to know the CRTs are in 100% working condition, thats all. I would bring mine just in case there wasnt.

Dan - Bringing the computer = not a problem, but bringing my monitor might be.

Noob
I need to know the CRTs are in 100% working condition, thats all. I would bring mine just in case there wasnt.
Check, my CRT is in perfect working order. No problems there.

What kind of monitor do you use? I am bringing 1 PC with me, possibly 2 if I can swing it, but if, in the event it's only 1 PC, then I can bring both monitors I have... and you can use one. Both of mine are VGA and DVI compatible.

Check, my CRT is in perfect working order. No problems there.

What kind of monitor do you use? I am bringing 1 PC with me, possibly 2 if I can swing it, but if, in the event it's only 1 PC, then I can bring both monitors I have... and you can use one. Both of mine are VGA and DVI compatible.
Its a COMPAQ 7020. Maybe i will just bring it with me when we meet up for offline games before NEC, and you can bring it with you in your car if you have room (if you need to). If i can use a monitor of yours for recording, even if its in the hotel rooms, then that would be great.

Im here to offer any help that i can, i just know that between a desktop computer, a monitor, and my stuff for while im there, that its just too much. I also have to bring my vcr for recording purposes (you'd have to play the game on a laggy computer screen otherwise to record).

Any sort of food, or gatorade etc i can bring, please let me know

Noob
Its a COMPAQ 7020. Maybe i will just bring it with me when we meet up for offline games before NEC, and you can bring it with you in your car if you have room (if you need to). If i can use a monitor of yours for recording, even if its in the hotel rooms, then that would be great.

Im here to offer any help that i can, i just know that between a desktop computer, a monitor, and my stuff for while im there, that its just too much. I also have to bring my vcr for recording purposes (you'd have to play the game on a laggy computer screen otherwise to record).

Any sort of food, or gatorade etc i can bring, please let me know
As of right now, plan on meeting on the 13th of November(next Saturday). We're all going to gather at Summoning's house(Me, Rob, Shock, possibly Reo, possibly AC1984, possibly Steve N, and hopefully you now).

I don't want to hang onto your pc for 2 weeks before NEC happens, so the best idea is for you to give me the VCR to take, you bring your PC, I'll provide an extra monitor for you which I'll bring, and we ask either Dan or Storms to bring a PS3 for MKDC. I will have my PS2 with me and we might need another PS2 as well(possibly a slim for space reason) for the 3d MK games.

So there's the question.

-Storms, can you bring a PS2 and/or a PS3 with MKDC(with Kahn and Darkseid unlocked) for use at NEC?
-Dan, can you bring a PS2 and/or a PS3 with MKDC(with Kahn and Darkseid unlocked) for use at NEC?

DanCock

Cock Master!!
i can provide a PC and a monitor but i use my LCD hdtv as my monitor. i was told theses tvs were taboo, even tho i have been using them for a while and have yet to suffer any kind of lag.

Dan - Bringing the computer = not a problem, but bringing my monitor might be.
my monitor is my 20 inch LCD (i also have my 42" but thats not coming). is this a problem/ if not i can bring it.

i have my CRT tv its big and will need help lifting it and stuff. i need to check and see if its in working condition 100%.

As of right now, plan on meeting on the 13th of November(next Saturday). We're all going to gather at Summoning's house(Me, Rob, Shock, possibly Reo, possibly AC1984, possibly Steve N, and hopefully you now).

I don't want to hang onto your pc for 2 weeks before NEC happens, so the best idea is for you to give me the VCR to take, you bring your PC, I'll provide an extra monitor for you which I'll bring, and we ask either Dan or Storms to bring a PS3 for MKDC. I will have my PS2 with me and we might need another PS2 as well(possibly a slim for space reason) for the 3d MK games.

So there's the question.

-Storms, can you bring a PS2 and/or a PS3 with MKDC(with Kahn and Darkseid unlocked) for use at NEC?
-Dan, can you bring a PS2 and/or a PS3 with MKDC(with Kahn and Darkseid unlocked) for use at NEC?
i need to check my PS2 slim to see if it works. i can/am bringing my PS3. i do not have darkseid or Kahn unlocked. i never unlocked them. is there a fast way to unlock or do i have to play in story mode? :X

dan, you can just use my save data for kahn and seid. i transfered it from my ps3 to my flash drive. ill send you what you need soon

as for pc lag, dont worry about it, i use a splitter so that we can play on the tv while recording on the PC.

we will get this worked out.. its coming along.

dan, phil - decide which one of you is bringing what. i will bring the ps2 most likely. i dont have any of the game though.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
dan, you can just use my save data for kahn and seid. i transfered it from my ps3 to my flash drive. ill send you what you need soon

as for pc lag, dont worry about it, i use a splitter so that we can play on the tv while recording on the PC.

we will get this worked out.. its coming along.

dan, phil - decide which one of you is bringing what. i will bring the ps2 most likely. i dont have any of the game though.
awesome i have the games you bring the ps2. i dont have MKDA, im guessing Tom brady is going to worry about this? i have it for xbox.

Tim ~wow how could you even touch a mk game story mode?? wow MKA's was the best cause there were codes to open the locked characters. THANK GOD CHECK that you'll bring your flash drive.

Do you have a flash drive? I can upload the save data for you whenever you want.

I only have MKDA for WII, so yes, tom brady is going to have to bring MKDA if he wants that to happen.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Do you have a flash drive? I can upload the save data for you whenever you want.

I only have MKDA for WII, so yes, tom brady is going to have to bring MKDA if he wants that to happen.
i have gadgets that can act like 1 i think.

Probably wont matter anyways since the entire tournament is going to be one giant flash/superman infinite.

Oh well!!!

And yea, if infs are legal in MKDA, then that will be a waste of time also, so who cares really. Sonya infinite FTW.

Thank god for rules in MKD and MKA for glitches we already know have no place at tournys and dont need to be tested.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
so when do we send our money to that eric dude at srk?? and just a reminder go ahead and add my name to the UMK3 and MK2 tourney.

ugg im going to do so bad at the mk2 tourney.. i will be embarrassed :(

OK Dan, i talked to jago some more and he said he'd go. He has to be back on Sunday, that is the only concern as of now except for who's gonna get him at the airport.

Which airport is Bone flying in to? Whoever is picking him up can get Jago too.
And what time is Bone's flight getting there? I need to know so i can order his plane ticket.
Unless someone else wants to get Jago, but the above solution is the best possible scenario.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
OK Dan, i talked to jago some more and he said he'd go. He has to be back on Sunday, that is the only concern as of now except for who's gonna get him at the airport.

Which airport is Bone flying in to? Whoever is picking him up can get Jago too.
And what time is Bone's flight getting there? I need to know so i can order his plane ticket.
Unless someone else wants to get Jago, but the above solution is the best possible scenario.
oohh nice.. the airport is actually right there by the hotel. also not sure if bone is going right now, he has some personal stuff going on. :/ if bone does go tho im guessing theres just the one airport in philly. but i cant say for sure cause i dont live there.

Tim Static

Adminerator
no one needs to pick anyone up from the airport.

they have a FREE shuttle service from the airport to the hotel. The way its all done, it would take forever to pick someone up from the airport. its just easier for the player to use the shuttle. i used it in August and its legit.

alright, didnt know that, overheard somebody saying something about storms picking bone up from the airport. my bad.

thats really good.. although i worry about jago... not sure if he could even handle it himself.

with that said, if the hotel is right near the airport, then lets go help jago out, because hes a little slow and nervous about all this. im just saying that now because i know how he is. he may end up telling me that he'll be ok riding the shuttle.

and now bone is not going? jeez, im really out of the loop here. wtf bone ;( u breaking my heart bro!

and dan, philly is the best place ive ever been in my life. once you go there, youll never want to leave. i know where that airport is.

Status
Not open for further replies.