Noob Saibot vs Cetrion GI match

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
Cetrion: A True Story (In Pictures)

#SuccessrionWins

Last edited:

Lord Snotty

Cetrion's eyes aren't as oval shaped and her cheeks are a bit fuller than those of Injustice Wonder Woman, but that doesn't mean the same actress wasn't used for her likeness. I understand the NRS animators alter facial dimensions by hand and could conceivably change things up a little.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
People will like what they like but all of this talk about Cetrion doesn't fit is silly. Ignoring how she breaks bones and chops people to pieces, MK has always had varied character designs. And many of the characters are either based off of a trope or inspired from other media. Is Kollector too Lord of the Rings? Is Geras too Soul Calibur?

I think the key features that any MK character need are:

1. Be cool.
  2. Have creative ways of murdering people.
I think she does just that.

Counter is triggered by several things:

• Opponent starting a slow move and you beating them out.
  • opponent doing a high and you low crushing.
  • opponent wiffing and you punishing.
Yeah but D2 didn't KB on punish in the beta.

Lord Snotty

People will like what they like but all of this talk about Cetrion doesn't fit is silly. Ignoring how she breaks bones and chops people to pieces, MK has always had varied character designs. And many of the characters are either based off of a trope or inspired from other media. Is Kollector too Lord of the Rings? Is Geras too Soul Calibur?

1. Be cool.

Yeah but it D2 didn't KB on punish in the beta.
The only character I felt didn't really 'fit' in Mortal Kombat is Takeda. The outfit. The weapon. None of it really felt like essential 'Mortal Kombat' to me, more Soul Calibur. But there are still elements there that fit perfectly: the Fatalities are very Mortal Kombat. The thing about this game, the best thing about it, is that there's something for everyone. I'm sure Takeda worked well for a lot of fans.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
The only character I felt didn't really 'fit' in Mortal Kombat is Takeda. The outfit. The weapon. None of it really felt like essential 'Mortal Kombat' to me, more Soul Calibur. But there are still elements there that fit perfectly: the Fatalities are very Mortal Kombat. The thing about this game, the best thing about it, is that there's something for everyone. I'm sure Takeda worked well for a lot of fans.
Haha, it's funny because he was probably the most "MK" newbie for me, from the ones in MKX, even though I didn't like him. Perception is a weird thing :p

Always thought Kotal's gang (with him included) felt out of place. I remember watching the first gameplay from MKX and being so confused when Dvorah was fighting Ferra-Tor, felt like they came from KI or something.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I didn't like Takeda until I read the comics. After that, I think he's a good addition to the lore.

That said, talk about overdesigned! His MKX design was wayyyyy too busy, I think Derek even said alluded to that himself in Takeda's Kombat Kast. I think he'll be great if they just make him 20% less "too cool for school" and calm down with his design.

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
Cetrion's eyes aren't as oval shaped and her cheeks are a bit fuller than those of Injustice Wonder Woman, but that doesn't mean the same actress wasn't used for her likeness. I understand the NRS animators alter facial dimensions by hand and could conceivably change things up a little.
Hmm... yeah, maybe. Similar features to the point that I'd say they could be sisters, but I'm not sure I'd say it's the same woman.

Also, I'm assuming they use mocap for facial expressions, and I can say without a doubt that Cetrion's expression during the dialogue with Noob wasn't similar to anything from Wonder Woman, who I played a ton.

That all said, I'm sure there was cross-inspiration though. Cetrion's tiara and boots are very reminiscent of WoWo's gear. During her first fatality, especially when she did the stomp, I remember thinking it looked like she was wearing Greco-Roman armor.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)

1. Be cool.

Yeah but D2 didn't KB on punish in the beta.
It did with other characters. I imagine we where playing a limited build. You know what I mean.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
obviously not since both characters were on their default versions.
Amplified teleport bouncing the opponent for a combo is a alternate version of the move. It was confirmed by 16-bit via Twitter after the Kombat Kast footage was shown.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
that video is unwatchable.... I just can't stand the talk over it... GameInformer is absolute trash tier

So at around 1:50 Cetrion Krushing Blow D2s Noob as a punish for a mid teleport?!?!

I was under the impression the Krushing Blow for a teleport only happened if a high WHIFFED, not for a punish. The Teleport is definitely not a high.

In the beta, even if you blocked Jade's high Shadow Kick a D2 wouldn't KB as a punish.

This is either some weird pre-build thing, or they changed this.
Yeah I noticed that too.
I still don't know if I like this change or not, but in both cases I think they should make d2 KB combos a starter with a good damage scale. I think Baraka was able to land a 50% combo off a D2 KB in the beta. That would be way too strong if d2 KB combos are easier to trigger.

jmt

Noob
Why is this surprising? 16 bit said no ranged overheads except for the sickle one they showed. Running klone is already the best traditional projectile in the game because of its start up and it being a giant ass mid projectile the size of bane charge.
I hear ya, it’s just so nice being an overhead.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
Great to see a match with Noob after they didn't do washed up warrios in this kombat kast.

How big is that anti air hit box on the running man clone?!?!

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Ok, now I hate that elder God bitch and NRS story even more... Noob Saibot in alliance with good? So Scorpion all over again? Seriously? Repeative much?Turn everybody good? How utterly pathetic.

My favourite part:
"Be Aware: [Cetrion] is unbeatable by any character in the base roster. She was put in the roster to specifically fight pre-order DLC Shao Kahn." * sarcastic laughter *
That's, at least, the second time they've intimated that Kahn will be his traditionally busted self -- see: Ed Boon's prediction of Kahn winning Evo; the Kotal reveal, regarding Kahn vs. Kahn, and the "wew!" nature of their reaction when ruminating about the (in-game) battle during testing...

►gotta call in for Elder God back-up to try take out the ultimate 'hammer brother'
►doing a deal with the an Outworld Devil and unleashing an uncontrollable Frankenstein in the process
►mfw

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Was going to post this but good thing I looked first. Seems they'll be working together but temporarily, I would say she uses Noob for her own purpose given that she's the opposite of darkness. Interesting to see that her ground rock pound move is not unblockable and her vine low grab is a low apparently. I like how she's not combo heavy but has those 2 key strings that ends in a 50/50, I believe Steve showed us that in the GI demo video

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
She could be using Noob to fight her mother, I don't see Cetrion as bad honestly. I think it's similar to what Raiden did in MK A where he was using Shinnok, Shao Kahn etc with that phony "alliance" to fulfil his agenda.

Also, surprised nobody is talking about that weird taunt Noob does where his klone lifts him up like freaking Titanic or figure skating or something lol like that caught me off guard, not going to lie :D