What's new

Noob Saibot vs Cetrion GI match

Cetrion looks bad man, I don't know. Especially knowing she's an elder god. Feels like she doesn't belong alongside Johnny Cage, or any other character for that matter. Even if she's in to defeat Shao Kahn, I don't think he's that powerful to withstand to her. Anyway, when the game's out we'll see.
I don't understand why this would bother people. It's a fighting game. Like, in injustice you can beat up Superman and Wonder Woman with Harley.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
I don't understand why this would bother people. It's a fighting game. Like, in injustice you can beat up Superman and Wonder Woman with Harley.
That bothered me too actually :) At least in IGAU they had that pill that made them stronger. In Inj2 they didn't even hint to that in the story mode and sein Batman take a punch from Superman was underwhelming at least.

That bothered me too actually :) At least in IGAU they had that pill that made them stronger. In Inj2 they didn't even hint to that in the story mode and sein Batman take a punch from Superman was underwhelming at least.
Ok, pretend that Kronika put a spell on Cetrion to make her weaker.

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
What is shocking to me is how there are still brutalities that are unfinished two weeks from release. Like are you kidding me? Hopefully the gameinformer guys somehow got an older build because that is very strange and worrying that al that stuff is still not done.

And also, to those who couldn't hear the dialogue:

Cetrion- Our alliance was only temporary.
Noob- Then retreat from the shadows, Cetrion.
Cetrion- Mine is the light that burns shadows.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
So... does that dialogue confirm that the Soulnado sent Noob in front of the Elder Gods the same way it did with Scorpion in the original timeline? His bio is way less sinister and more about honor than expected, it would make sense that the Elder Gods are using him as an agent of some sort.
What are you referring to with Scorpion? I am blanking

Lokheit

Noob
To those saying that's Noobs face under the latex face mask... are we sure that ghoulish look isn't just his face muscles like other characters showing their face muscles during x-ray effects?

Lokheit

Noob
What are you referring to with Scorpion? I am blanking
In Deadly Alliance Moloch and Drahmin throw Scorpion into the soulnado. Rather than dying, as the soulnado was a portal to the heavens he's sent in front of the elder gods. The elder gods promise to return his family and clan in exchange of his help. During Armageddon he is pissed at the elder gods because they returned his clan as zombies.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Scorpion gets tossed into Shang's soulnado in MK: Deadly Alliance and he ends up getting transported to the elder gods who make him their champion/chosen warrior in the original timeline.
In Deadly Alliance Moloch and Drahmin throw Scorpion into the soulnado. Rather than dying, as the soulnado was a portal to the heavens he's sent in front of the elder gods. The elder gods promise to return his family and clan in exchange of his help. During Armageddon he is pissed at the elder gods because they returned his clan as zombies.
good catch ! yeah, the Soulnado being a entrance to Elder Gods haven , make a lot of sense, having Noob being "rescued" by Cetrion, and both doing some temporary cooperative alliance .... well planned, NRS ! hope to see something like this explained in the story mode :)

Wetdoba

All too easy...
That is so bad fuck!!!!
Why is this surprising? 16 bit said no ranged overheads except for the sickle one they showed. Running klone is already the best traditional projectile in the game because of its start up and it being a giant ass mid projectile the size of bane charge.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
So at around 1:50 Cetrion Krushing Blow D2s Noob as a punish for a mid teleport?!?!

I was under the impression the Krushing Blow for a teleport only happened if a high WHIFFED, not for a punish. The Teleport is definitely not a high.

In the beta, even if you blocked Jade's high Shadow Kick a D2 wouldn't KB as a punish.

This is either some weird pre-build thing, or they changed this.
Counter is triggered by several things:

• Opponent starting a slow move and you beating them out.
  • opponent doing a high and you low crushing.
  • opponent wiffing and you punishing.