What's new

Noob Saibot General Discussion Thread

Dante

Noob
Got it, I'll try that!! Also, whats your visual cue to connect the Tele? I did it really fast sometimes in practice but it didn't work consistently.

Thanks a lot!
Inputting it is kinda shitty cause nrs :p
Try holding the last direction needed for the special. In this case, up

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
If they block u are gonna get max damage punished and u cant hit confirm it so its a yolo option i sometimes open a match with it if theyre an aggressive player
THere is an OS to where if the b3 is blocked the tele won't come out.
I would look this up as I do it quite often to catch people thinking they can push buttons at its max range.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
THere is an OS to where if the b3 is blocked the tele won't come out.
I would look this up as I do it quite often to catch people thinking they can push buttons at its max range.
I heard something about that and im pretty sure ive done it unintentionally before lol i havent labbed much in this game though i dont have enough time most days so just hop on and play online

Matix218

Get over here!
If they block u are gonna get max damage punished and u cant hit confirm it so its a yolo option i sometimes open a match with it if theyre an aggressive player
Plus they will block it everytime if they are blocking because what reason would they have not to block low against noob at b3 range? It is basically a yolo read that they wont be blocking and if they are it is full combo punish time lol.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Plus they will block it everytime if they are blocking because what reason would they have not to block low against noob at b3 range? It is basically a yolo read that they wont be blocking and if they are it is full combo punish time lol.
This isn't technically true in the scheme of wakeup. it is a VERY safe meaty after a teleslam ender or after a ghost ball ender. And again if you OS it you'll get a max punish off a pretty safe meaty low.

fr stack

This isn't technically true in the scheme of wakeup. it is a VERY safe meaty after a teleslam ender or after a ghost ball ender. And again if you OS it you'll get a max punish off a pretty safe meaty low.
I think itl be one of those "i aint learnin shit till i see it done in a tournament" type deals at least for me 8)

Well here I am a few days after asking about B3. I've improved a lot with the character and to add to the B3 into Tele discussion I'd like to say that although the opponent has no reason to be standing from mid range they have a lot of reasons to get in my range trying to hit me either via some advancing string or jump ins and B3 into Tele works pretty much like Kabal's B12. Of course B12 is a much better move for a billion reasons but as a Kabal player myself I kinda get the same feeling. I also use it to punish Sub Zero's Slide into full combo, I haven't got the time to see if it's real on practice but it worked online.

Since Im already here I'd like to ask another question. How do you guys feel about practicing that combo that was popularized by Ketchup (I guess?) which is basically 113 into tele, 113 (whiffing the first 1) into B1,1+3 or into another 113 into BF2?
I've been debating whether I should put time into learning it because it seems super hard and I've seen even players at tournaments dropping it and leaving at least 300 damage on the "field".

Dante

Noob
B3 isn't yolo lolz. That being said b3 is full combo punishable in every scenario by a dude that knows what's up. Maybe some chars can't punish max range b3 into tackle
Well here I am a few days after asking about B3. I've improved a lot with the character and to add to the B3 into Tele discussion I'd like to say that although the opponent has no reason to be standing from mid range they have a lot of reasons to get in my range trying to hit me either via some advancing string or jump ins and B3 into Tele works pretty much like Kabal's B12. Of course B12 is a much better move for a billion reasons but as a Kabal player myself I kinda get the same feeling. I also use it to punish Sub Zero's Slide into full combo, I haven't got the time to see if it's real on practice but it worked online.

Since Im already here I'd like to ask another question. How do you guys feel about practicing that combo that was popularized by Ketchup (I guess?) which is basically 113 into tele, 113 (whiffing the first 1) into B1,1+3 or into another 113 into BF2?
I've been debating whether I should put time into learning it because it seems super hard and I've seen even players at tournaments dropping it and leaving at least 300 damage on the "field".
You should absolutely learn it. It's easy and the dmg upgrade is big enough to be worth it even if it was hard.

You should absolutely learn it. It's easy and the dmg upgrade is big enough to be worth it even if it was hard.
Got it, already practicing it and getting consistency with at least the B1,1+3 finisher, the 113 into BF2 timing is still kinda hard for me.

Thanks a lot!

I would def. stick with the b1 ender

people can't drop out late on your FB :)
I'm having a hard time with the..... timing :D

I don't know, it feels like one of those that suddenly clicks and you hit it 9/10 times but again all of a sudden you "lose it" and you're back at trying to find the sweet spot again. I can't seem to find the window to buffer the dash and input 113. Sometimes it feels like the best method is to do it slightly after the second time the opponent falls through the portal and other times it feels like it's easier to wait just before he hits the ground the last time and input everything stupidly fast.

It's the only thing holding me back now because I can even go for the 113 into BF2 ending every time I actually get to that part, no problem.

Hey another question! :D
This will probably be the dumbest one but how does the timing for doing the spirit ball after B1,1+3 work? I drop this combo A LOT. Is there any trick to do it? Is it even considered "weird" or I'm definitely inputting something wrong? I actually also don't get the Fatal Blow sometimes when I try it after B1,1+3.

Thanks a lot!

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Hey another question! :D
This will probably be the dumbest one but how does the timing for doing the spirit ball after B1,1+3 work? I drop this combo A LOT. Is there any trick to do it? Is it even considered "weird" or I'm definitely inputting something wrong? I actually also don't get the Fatal Blow sometimes when I try it after B1,1+3.

Thanks a lot!
Curious... what do you have for your settings for the input window?

If you don't have it on long, that is probably part of the issue.

The timing for me is the same as Teleslam confirms. Once the hook hits I input.

ManiacFGC

Button Masher Extraordinaire
Quick question: Does Noob's FB catch people out of breakaway? I've had a few instances where i knew the opponent would breakaway and i would try to FB but it doesn't connect.

Curious... what do you have for your settings for the input window?

If you don't have it on long, that is probably part of the issue.

The timing for me is the same as Teleslam confirms. Once the hook hits I input.
I have the timing on Long. If I do it before the hook it won't come out? Maybe I'm doing it too fast.

Dante

Noob
Put it on short. Will help you avoid getting silly specials when you want f2 etc after a bd.
Also yeah do it when he pulls then in

Fb catches breakaways but it's tight since it doesn't have many actives and hit box is very small

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
b3~ghostball is legit not punishable as long as you aren't point blank as far as I can tell.

If you find a way to punish it let me know cuz i've yet to have anyone do it. You can duck ghostball... but Noob recovers before I could do anything.

This is a SUPER harass tool after a hit d4.

I also use this after a hit ghostball in any combo. It adds more chip than just b2 on its own.

Just reached Demi God in my region today playing Noob for 90% of the time. Thanks a lot for all the help you all gave me!
Also I figured the timing on the spiritball after B1,1+3 (with your help ofc) and I can now land it pretty much every time. I was doing it too early.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
So I played around 150 kombat League sets and i rarely met other noob players.

Is there a specific reason why no one plays noob at all? I still think he is a pretty good character so i wonder :)

fr stack

People only want ez top tiers it happens every game . How anyone likes erron black baffles me

Dante

Noob
Erron is awesome wtf... What don't you like about him?

But yeah noob has alot of trouble winning vs ppl with even a little experience vs him but that's ok