What's new

Noob Saibot General Discussion Thread

TheGlow

Retired Noob
It's nice to see honeybee fucking up spirit ball as well. I feel like a... noob when I stand there jabbing the air because it doesnt come out. Fine in combos though.

MURK

Noob
No problem, I should've been more clear by spirit ball ender in combos I mean for example 212 teleport ex, b1 1+3 (restand) spirit ball . Denying wake up options for the opponent but if close to kill teleport ender will do more damage and it's at a good range for noob as well.

Any combos for his variation with the slide???

I wish there was cross platform, i'm on xbox
I’m down to train on PS4 some time ‍♂. PSN is Someflthycasual. I’m PST and the times I’m on are unpredictable sometimes, but add me and if we are both on we can spar. Goes for anyone really lol

Bar_Bar13

Friendly Neighborhood Spectre
So I'm trying to punish Jax's B331 (-7 on block) with Noob's 113 (7f start up) but I can never get the punish to connect. Am I too slow or is it impossible?

So I'm trying to punish Jax's B331 (-7 on block) with Noob's 113 (7f start up) but I can never get the punish to connect. Am I too slow or is it impossible?
Theoretically possible, but duckable a probably hard to do consistently in the lab. Had trouble with that string with many characters actually lol planning to record ai in practice mode and come up with options.

Not sure if this is known, but Noob Saibot has an option select with b3. It's b3 xx teleslam.

Awesome! I was just talking to someone about how b3 is seemingly better than b1, 1+3 except you can’t hit confirm it where as b1, 1+3 on the other hand you don't even have to hit confirm. You can input the cancel Everytime and it won't come out unless it hits!

So nice find! Where abouts is the cancel? Like way after hit or right on?

Bar_Bar13

Friendly Neighborhood Spectre
Theoretically possible, but duckable a probably hard to do consistently in the lab. Had trouble with that string with many characters actually lol planning to record ai in practice mode and come up with options.
Yeah that string gives me a lot of trouble. Liu Kang's Kick string that leaves him at +4 used to give me a lot of trouble too until I labbed it and flawless block makes that string -11 which means that Noob punishes it for almost 40% lmao

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Any combos for his variation with the slide???
Short combos midscreen because you don't have the teleport enxtension you should probably end combos with upward kick, tackle or slide to get that krushing blow which should do a bit more damage IMO, this variation you want to control the mid screen with the slide, B3, B2, F2 and be really on point with your anti airs (Off of an anti air FF221 tackle gets you the most damage I believe. B3 + slide seems really good to me and some combos you can use slide on wake up to check them . In the corner he does have more combos for example:

F221 uprise kick, d1, 113 tackle does 290.61
212, 4, uprise kick, d1, 113 tackle does 321.80
J3, f3 uprise kick, d1, 113 tackle does 311.61

These are some of the corner combos I'm comfortable with and can hit consistently, you can always go for b1 1+3 into EX teleport or Fatal blow for more damage.

In this variation I'd mostly use my meter to punish any zoning with the air teleport and defensively, flaweless block or wake ups.

The ghost ball seems really bad to me but I guess you can go for some gimicks like F221 ghost ball and b3 ghost ball when they expecting the slide but it has such a long start up that good players will probably react to it. I def wouldn't try B1 1+3 ghostball. I think if this move was replaced with anything else the variation would be solid.

Last edited:
What’s up everyone,

I saw Sonic confirm B1 1+3, amp tele, forward dash, 113, B1 1+3 tele.. I have been trying to confirm the B1 1+3 after 113 for hours now, and it seems impossible to me, but it can obviously be done.

Any tips on how to more easily confirm this?

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Awesome! I was just talking to someone about how b3 is seemingly better than b1, 1+3 except you can’t hit confirm it where as b1, 1+3 on the other hand you don't even have to hit confirm. You can input the cancel Everytime and it won't come out unless it hits!

So nice find! Where abouts is the cancel? Like way after hit or right on?
To cancel it consistently what you're going to need to do is immediately after b3 hold down, then when b3 hits you input up. It will cancel into telelslam every time.

What’s up everyone,

I saw Sonic confirm B1 1+3, amp tele, forward dash, 113, B1 1+3 tele.. I have been trying to confirm the B1 1+3 after 113 for hours now, and it seems impossible to me, but it can obviously be done.

One thing is for certain, do not mash inputs in this game. It will just make combos harder. So, if you're mashing for the b1 to come out it will likely whiff. It's tight timing, but you have to time b1 when the opponent is low to the ground and it will catch them at the tip of b1's hitbox and confirm it into the 1+3. I'd end it with spirit ball to get the restand. You lose some damage, but removing the opponents ability to wakeup attack or roll out is very useful.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Does anyone have any experience fighting Kitana as Noob. I've always had problems playing against her in MK. I don't know why, but I find her terrifying. Her ass slam is safe on block as it pushes her away. Even f2 doesn't connect. The trade war with her hurts, she seems safe on her string and her pokes are just as good as ours. Anything I'm missing?

@M2Dave , @Trini_Bwoi , @D. R.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Nice. Although I cant get the teleport out ever really. Something with b3 I have to lab. Spirit ball inconsistent and teleport rarely.
After you input b3 m hold down, then when b3 connects immediately hit up and the teleport should come out.

TheGlow

Retired Noob
What’s up everyone,

After you input b3 m hold down, then when b3 connects immediately hit up and the teleport should come out.
Yea I have to lab this in general.
What’s up everyone,

I get this 3/4 tries so bot too bad. I dont dash. I haven't seen Sonic dude it but first 1 in the 112 juggle has to whiff. So during teleport I hold forward. The split second I see Noob love, 112, and then hope I time the b1 correctly. Either no b1 and I throw and miss or it's late and I whiff both and get hit. Lots of fun.

Does anyone have any experience fighting Kitana as Noob. I've always had problems playing against her in MK. I don't know why, but I find her terrifying. Her ass slam is safe on block as it pushes her away. Even f2 doesn't connect. The trade war with her hurts, she seems safe on her string and her pokes are just as good as ours. Anything I'm missing?

I haven't fought many Kitanas yet, her ass slam is pretty negative tho, even with the pushback there's enough time to dash forward 1,1,3

xKMMx

Banned

Not sure man. IVe played two really good Kitanas so far and felt kinda helpless both times since I didn't know the match up. Havent had a chance to lab her yet but its on my agenda for this weekend.

Does anyone else think who can and cannot punish B1,1+3 will be a big factor in the matchups? I think once all the Kanos and Johnny Cages and Sub-Zeros gain the matchup knowledge, fighting these characters means your only mid starting string is unsafe. And they'll get the punish every time because of the reversal system that lets you buffer their charge attacks during block stun. Every time I fight these characters online I know they could be punishing me if they knew the frame data.
While true its our only mid starter string, we play a character that doesn't have to take risks if need be. We can reliably punish most of the cast when they do make a mistake on whiff or on block. That's the beauty of this character. We can play as safe(defensive/dry/lame) as need be in most situations, simply because there are tools Noob has that you just have to respect. I do however feel that characters that can get around having to deal with him at close/midrange and enact their gameplan without have to deal with his tools(we know who they are) will be the problems. Even in those unfavorable MUs, they still have to be on point with their hitconfirms/mixups because anything -7 or worse that doesn't pushback(and even some moves that do pushback) can lead to easy 35% with Noob right outside most d1 ranges at +5. IMO unless something drastic that is discovered, I feel he can handle any match in the game. That's just my take though.