What's new

Noob Saibot General Discussion Thread

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Does anyone have trouble doing his back throw brutal? It never works for me even if I make sure I have more than 40% of health left.

My friend that I play against the most actually mains Erron Black. I feel like he has the advantage at any time during the match and at any distance. He can completely nullify my zoning, has up close and midscreen 50/50s, and his mids that lead to combos have better range. And then there's other stuff I'm not even mentioning like his dd3 cancel (which doesn't even take a defensive bar). I'm a pretty patient player (I've always been willing to lose a bunch of times), but I don't feel like patience is rewarded fighting Erron. I know my reactions aren't the best, but I just feel like I'm guessing all of the time

I also don't think him having a projectile counter that he just has to hold and f4 being safe is well-designed. Don't even get me started on his 10f Fatal Blow!
Yeah Erron is broken for sure. Watch a tournament where Semiij put up a solid fight against him with Kitana who the general consensus is pretty low tier. The character imbalance there was on full display. Erron seems like easy mode honestly. Semiij had to work his butt off. Wondered the whole time how that matchup would have gone if it was balanced. Sonic is good at finding the most broken character in the game and taking full advantage a lot of times. Power to him too. That is being a good competitor. Lol

TheGlow

Retired Noob
Does anyone have trouble doing his back throw brutal? It never works for me even if I make sure I have more than 40% of health left.
For me I make sure not holding a direction and tap L1/1+3 then immediately press and hold forward, which mid way becomes back.
Yes, over 40% I have seen it fail. I think the moves need to kill by the half way mark. If a throw does 3 hits I think you need hits 1 or 2 to actually be the killing blow. If its the last hit it might not work.
I have the Brutality for amped teleport slam and that one as well. I think does 110 damage on its own so I tried on some 100-109 health and it didnt work.

Wrath0594

Steam profile: 76561198102032134
If im reading his frame data correctly, if he connects his D1, which has a hit advantage of 11, he can follow up with his B1, which is a 9f mid, thereby annihilating any players trying to press buttons after eating his poke?

That is a luxury that my current main, Frost, doesnt not have.
If Frost d1 connects, you can b1 for the same effect. They can't interrupt it.

TheGlow

Retired Noob
I dunno. If I play against very defensive players I get my ass handed to me. They duck the ball, block the tackle. Some are damn good at countering the throws. Overhead is seen a mile away. As they get more used to fighting Noob they dont leave them selves open to even get 112'd for the damage.
Also B3, BF1 is damn annoying. Many times I cant get the fireball out. It seems NRS doesn let you hold that B and then hit forward but more like I have to do b,b,f.

Killjoy McGee

[Hype Intensifies]
Maybe not relevant here, but does anyone know how to get the resurrected Lin Kuei skin? Or even where the brotherhood of shadow skin is in the krypt?

Cool I knew that, anyone found out how to unlock the resurrected lin kuei skin then?
I have it. I think it might have been from the AI Battles. I could be wrong though. Is it one of the ones with the “???” When you hover over it? It was either AI or his specific tower of time. Otherwise I dunno lol

Killjoy McGee

[Hype Intensifies]
I have it. I think it might have been from the AI Battles. I could be wrong though. Is it one of the ones with the “???” When you hover over it? It was either AI or his specific tower of time. Otherwise I dunno lol
Yeah it’s one of the question mark skins I’ll give his towers a try thanks

greatz

Noob
Man I would love a high ranked/proplayer to break down noob. I'm having a hard time with him.

My impression is yeah he can zone from far away but he doesn't really get anything off of his projectiles. He wants to be up close but his tp is unsafe. And his strings are so minus that it's hard to put pressure.
Also he seems to be lacking an overhead string?
what can i poke and hit confirm off of to do a kombo?
His krushing blows also seem to suck. you need to land 10 tackles? Yeah good luck with that. The only other one is the conditional blocking one but that seems really minus and get punished trying to land it. It seems weird he has no consistent KB and certainly nothing he can kombo with.

Talking about tournament variation of course (not really worth discussing other variations)

Any help here?

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
This really drives home how badly I suck at this game lol. Honeybee gets conversions off of 113 so damn easily. But it's NOT easy dammit lol.
Wait till waaay late in the dash to input 113 im getting it consistently ish now lol

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Man I would love a high ranked/proplayer to break down noob. I'm having a hard time with him.

My impression is yeah he can zone from far away but he doesn't really get anything off of his projectiles. He wants to be up close but his tp is unsafe. And his strings are so minus that it's hard to put pressure.
His krushing blows also seem to suck. you need to land 10 tackles? Yeah good luck with that. The only other one is the conditional blocking one but that seems really minus and get punished trying to land it. It seems weird he has no consistent KB and certainly nothing he can kombo with.

Talking about tournament variation of course (not really worth discussing other variations)

Any help here?
Are u on ps4 we can do some sets ? Prob better to just try show u his overall gameplan. a lot of whiff punishes using deceptive normals and throwing 8)

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub

Any help here?
Rather than a zoner I would say he wants to play more mid range whiff punishing normals with F2, B2 and B3 and using spirit ball as a spacing tool, he gets combo conversions of off F3 and s1 anti airs or you can play it safe with db4. Also use his spirit ball ender in combos to reset the space back to neutral as you have different options and you're +5. You can hit confirm b1 1+3, F22, 212, 113 for the most part. If you know a F2 and B3 punish will hit you can cancel into teleport same with a ji2, F2.

greatz

Noob
Rather than a zoner I would say he wants to play more mid range whiff punishing normals with F2, B2 and B3 and using spirit ball as a spacing tool, he gets combo conversions of off F3 and s1 anti airs or you can play it safe with db4. Also use his spirit ball ender in combos to reset the space back to neutral as you have different options and you're +5. You can hit confirm b1 1+3, F22, 212, 113 for the most part. If you know a F2 and B3 punish will hit you can cancel into teleport same with a ji2, F2.
Thanks for the tips man.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Thanks for the tips man.
No problem, I should've been more clear by spirit ball ender in combos I mean for example 212 teleport ex, b1 1+3 (restand) spirit ball . Denying wake up options for the opponent but if close to kill teleport ender will do more damage and it's at a good range for noob as well.

Any help here?

: )