What's new

Noob Saibot General Discussion Thread

I've always just used d3 and thats it.

It has the best success rate and allows me to be safe, take my turn if it hits, and recover if someone rolls the meaty to do b1 on their recovery.

Noobs Meaties are incredibly tight. b3 is actually really good in SD with slide, but i miss it alot :(
B3+Slide mb is really goooood. Works a lot when you know they will do wakeup U3 or U2. I'll try to lab my meaty options tonight. Tired of eating d2 KBs always when I do F22, 112 or 113 :(

So... New variation, how do you guys feel about it?
At face value it feels like Black Sabbath without the things that make Black Sabbath good.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
It was always going to be bad.

I really didn't think they'd use air dive kick thing..... but alas they did.

Anyway... they didn't really touch him so SD and DS are both still really good.

Yea... I feel like they're scared of making him too OP by putting Sickle Snag and Tele extender together.
I don't know... If you're gonna take away the projectile and almost everything that makes him OK outside of combos, they should definitely pull the trigger on putting those two abilities together and see how the community responds.

I mean Stephanie said the new variation is a "combo" variation and everything I found so far is that instead of Tele Slam you can use Sickle Snag, except the damage doesn't even comes close to Black Sabbath.

DrZmmm

Noob
So I heard Shadow tackle KB damage got nerfed :(... Can anyone confirm? I haven't arrived home yet.
I hope this is not true. For the requirements, it's already hard to get against good players. The damage was fine for the requirements.

Shadow Tackle is now 286. Not as bad I guess.

Edit:

I wanted f2 to be a mid as a best case scenario. but reasonably I would have like shadow tackle and b3 to have less recovery amongst other things.

Last edited:

Blade4693

VIVIVI
New variation feels like Dark Sabbath but not as good. Only real plus I see is getting more damage off of f221 but other than that? Idk im not the greatest at labbing to begin with but I haven't found anything in it to make me want to use it over the other two variations. Dive kick and having an overhead is nice but I swear the overhead sickle only combos off 212 and exing it seems pointless. Maybe im just tired but im not finding anything in this one lol

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
So lemme get this straight:

None of the moves were tweaked or improved at all,
From what I've read elsewhere, they don't add to the 10 Shadow KB total, either,
His two best high-damage assets - that KB and his B1(1+3)2 KB - were toned down for no discernable reason,
Tackle is still TERRIBLE,
And one of his best moves (Snag) has been wasted on a "combo variation" that's really a pseudo-anti-air variation, but no one who knows what they're doing in jumping in on Noob to begin with.

Can I get an "oof," though?

Because oof.

But hey, we still have two solid options.

Yea, basically. The new variation literally has the same weaknesses as Black Sabbath but also doesn't have the damage, the re-stand projectile after B1,1+3 and the projectile itself on the neutral game/zoning.

Idk.... The Tele Slam without the extender or the air teleport is completely useless. It doesn't do enough damage without EX and when you EX it you feel bad because it's not worth it at all.

It's almost as if NRS was like: "You guys really want Sickle Snag huh? Careful with what you wish, now you're getting a variation that ONLY has Sickle Snag and that's it. Have fun."

So lemme get this straight:

None of the moves were tweaked or improved at all,
From what I've read elsewhere, they don't add to the 10 Shadow KB total, either,
His two best high-damage assets - that KB and his B1(1+3)2 KB - were toned down for no discernable reason,
Tackle is still TERRIBLE,
And one of his best moves (Snag) has been wasted on a "combo variation" that's really a pseudo-anti-air variation, but no one who knows what they're doing in jumping in on Noob to begin with.

Can I get an "oof," though?

Because oof.

But hey, we still have two solid options.
Oof

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Yea, basically. The new variation literally has the same weaknesses as Black Sabbath but also doesn't have the damage, the re-stand projectile after B1,1+3 and the projectile itself on the neutral game/zoning.

Idk.... The Tele Slam without the extender or the air teleport is completely useless. It doesn't do enough damage without EX and when you EX it you feel bad because it's not worth it at all.

It's almost as if NRS was like: "You guys really want Sickle Snag huh? Careful with what you wish, now you're getting a variation that ONLY has Sickle Snag and that's it. Have fun."
My thoughts on the slam exactly
With SD you have the air ability to punish projectiles, but with plain Tele it's essentially showing you how bad Noobs base kit is.
Tele without extended combo or ability to do it in air is pretty damn weak.
This new variation is going to get utterly dominated by any character with a decent projectile. And since tackle doesn't trade? Good luck getting in on actual zoners.

It is so frustrating how incredibly pointless some moves on characters I play are.

Yea... I feel like they're scared of making him too OP by putting Sickle Snag and Tele extender together.
I don't know... If you're gonna take away the projectile and almost everything that makes him OK outside of combos, they should definitely pull the trigger on putting those two abilities together and see how the community responds.

I mean Stephanie said the new variation is a "combo" variation and everything I found so far is that instead of Tele Slam you can use Sickle Snag, except the damage doesn't even comes close to Black Sabbath.
Wouldn't be the first time they told us something about Noob and were wrong. Remember when they said Noob was the "premier zoner"?

Wouldn't be the first time they told us something about Noob and were wrong. Remember when they said Noob was the "premier zoner"?
It definitely wouldn't but I'd say Stephanie is a bit above the rest of the NRS PR team. She knows the game. Maybe not in-depth with every character, though.

I'm kinda bummed out with Noob. I'll keep playing him because landing optimals with Black Sabbath is the most fun I had with the game but aside from that... Kabal, Skarlet and Kitana's new variations seems too much fun to pass on.

Dante

Noob
You all new beforehand about the variation being useless right?
There's a universal dmg nerf to some kbs and fbs which is good.
Sabbath is still the best imo. Sd is definitely better on some matchups and overall solid enough. I never wanted snag anyways lol

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
You all new beforehand about the variation being useless right?
There's a universal dmg nerf to some kbs and fbs which is good.
Sabbath is still the best imo. Sd is definitely better on some matchups and overall solid enough. I never wanted snag anyways lol
Was hoping for some goodies other than a variation

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
That breakaway will buff me half the time i dont even bother breakaway cause i know it wont work LOOKING AT YOU NIGHTWOLF!