What's new

Noob Saibot General Discussion Thread

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Here's a match against a Demi God Shao Kahn from my region (South America):

It was kinda rough due to the lack of experience against Shao Kahn (was feeling the pressure at the start) and muscle memory, some times I'm still thinking what buttons I have to press in combos even though it's just a different finisher for the same combos BS has.

Since I'm already here, have you guys tried extending 212? I could only manage to connect F221 into Slide but it's kinda iffy.
PS: Yes I regretted every time I tried Ghost Ball against him but kept doing because I don't know........
You can also do 212 B3 1+3 for a side switch

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Situational but if you get them airborn with 212 and know they have breakaway then substitute your kombo for a jump in 2 it will force the side switch

TheGlow

Retired Noob
I actually came here to post about this. In a kasual match where you might not be playing too seriously keeping track isn't as hard nor that important but when I was trying SD in KL today I couldn't keep count for the life of me, lost track multiple times because of how many other things my mind is thinking/focusing on throughout the match.

It would be cool if they could add some sort of visual indicator to let you know you have the 10 stacked up or something. If the number was smaller there would be no need but when you are doing slide, ex slide, tackle, anti air etc. and some might connect and some don't it can be hard to keep count in the middle of an intense match imo.
Yes, 10 is a bit on the high side. and I remember seeing a Sub complain about keeping track of 3 amped slides.
Also just wondering, I guess I can test later, if you have connected 9 shadows, will the next tackle count as 10 if you amp it? I know I could do the 3 teleport amp brutality on the 3rd teleport.

Yes, 10 is a bit on the high side. and I remember seeing a Sub complain about keeping track of 3 amped slides.
Also just wondering, I guess I can test later, if you have connected 9 shadows, will the next tackle count as 10 if you amp it? I know I could do the 3 teleport amp brutality on the 3rd teleport.
I'm 99% sure it does, I made a mistake while writing my text.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Yeah it does. So if you have 9 stacked shadows, and then hit with the tackle that tackle will count as the 10th and you can ex it for the KB!

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
So unless someone else already posted it, I finally found a guaranteed ghostball. Anti air F3... good luck pulling that off consistently in a match. Lol

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
Picked up noob a while back, got the main idea of his kit but wanna hear from some mains. How do you jail into his highs is it possible?

Blade4693

VIVIVI
As somebody who has been playing Noobe exclusively as of late, I guess you could say I have a noob question...

So most of the times I end my bnbs with b1 13 into tele but I have seen some top players end with ghostball which leaves the opponent restanding and I am wondering what should I be doing after that? Do I have enough advantage to press buttons first? Like go for a throw, another combo string, a low etc. and they have to guess?

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
As somebody who has been playing Noobe exclusively as of late, I guess you could say I have a noob question...

So most of the times I end my bnbs with b1 13 into tele but I have seen some top players end with ghostball which leaves the opponent restanding and I am wondering what should I be doing after that? Do I have enough advantage to press buttons first? Like go for a throw, another combo string, a low etc. and they have to guess?
Nah it's only +5 i guess.

You have to condition your opponent to respect your options afterwards.

B2 catches jumping or button pressing people
Dash xx 212 (high)
Dash xx 113 (high)
F221 (high)
B3 xx bf1
Dash xx grab (high)
Raw bf2 / bf1

Are all options tho. Sometimes you can also go for a hop attack. This takes extremely long though, because you have to dash xx hop

I'd recommend always to end with b1 1+3 x bf1, when you don't need the dmg to end the round.

You also take away the opponents option to roll/wake up, which is huge

*edit marked highs, those are potentially the most unsafe options

Last edited:

Blade4693

VIVIVI
You have to condition your opponent to respect your options afterwards.
Thank you for the informative reply! Now I wonder, what is the best way of going about this?

Also is not cancelling into fireball or any special after b1 13 a good option or does cancelling into the fireball offer some sort of advantage? I apologize for my lack of frame date knowledge lol I get the very basics of it but I don't have a deep understanding of it like most of the hardcore players do.

Thank you for the informative reply! Now I wonder, what is the best way of going about this?

Also is not cancelling into fireball or any special after b1 13 a good option or does cancelling into the fireball offer some sort of advantage? I apologize for my lack of frame date knowledge lol I get the very basics of it but I don't have a deep understanding of it like most of the hardcore players do.
The only non-special you'll cancel after B1,1+3 is 2 because of the Krushing Blow. Aside from that if you see people not cancelling it it was a mistake, like a video I posted on the previous page.

The best way of going about this is by feeling, really... You'll know how your opponent reacts to Noob and you'll also know if you want to be greedy and go for 212 or a grab, or if you want to play safe and do a D4. I also think you could use D3 and try to jail them into F221.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob

The only advantage over other specials is that it does restand and sets you in a good position to act as noob. He is imo more of a defensive and safe to play character. You do not need to take any risk to win the match. You wait more for your enemies mistake and punish them with huge rewards.

You could even back up safely after restand and wait for your enemy to act.

It does not matter though if you make 2% more dmg in a Kombo.

With bf1 as ender you lose dmg, but you have a setup which leads into potentially high dmg again. Even if you don't hit your enemy with your chosen option. You get some chip dmg which closes the gap to ending with tp even more.

Been playing here and I guess Ghost Ball after F221 and conditioning your opponent with Slide might be OK. It's a complete gamble of course but it works a lot... For now.

Last edited:

Dante

Noob
So finally pc got the stupid patch.

SD is playable in a few matchups which is good I guess. Ofc Sabbath is better by far in most situations for all 3 specials it gets. Sickle is far more valuable than air tele (at least without Portals). Spirit ball is actually good where ghostball never is (although I land it a lot). Ex slide is very good but loses tons of value without at least spiritball to contest vs actual zoners (like liu lolz).

Ofc the game is still insanely stupid with the same lack of depth and things to do. I hope it gets better in time

So finally pc got the stupid patch.

SD is playable in a few matchups which is good I guess. Ofc Sabbath is better by far in most situations for all 3 specials it gets. Sickle is far more valuable than air tele (at least without Portals). Spirit ball is actually good where ghostball never is (although I land it a lot). Ex slide is very good but loses tons of value without at least spiritball to contest vs actual zoners (like liu lolz).

Ofc the game is still insanely stupid with the same lack of depth and things to do. I hope it gets better in time
To be honest I've been playing SD every match up with the exception of Geras which I play Kabal and what I noticed is that I've been having more options than BS. Sabbath is better of course but I'd say that if you play someone that knows the match up or adapts fast it gets out of tricks pretty easily.

I'm basically melting health bars with the sheer amount of F221, Slide punishes I get while in BS it's usually the "try to find an opening" game to get that huge burst of damage. I'd say if SD had Spiriball it would be better than BS.
I also believe that Air Tele is more useful than we care to admit. It works more than it should, especially against "trigger happy" players that are always on point with their anti air.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
SD is a very good zoner, slide and ex slide are insane tools. The animation goes below high projectiles, does 16.6%, F2 becomes a 25% punish, can use it as a walk forward check and cancel it off of d3/d4.

DS in comparison just pales.

Dante

Noob
To be honest I've been playing SD every match up with the exception of Geras which I play Kabal and what I noticed is that I've been having more options than BS. Sabbath is better of course but I'd say that if you play someone that knows the match up or adapts fast it gets out of tricks pretty easily.

I'm basically melting health bars with the sheer amount of F221, Slide punishes I get while in BS it's usually the "try to find an opening" game to get that huge burst of damage. I'd say if SD had Spiriball it would be better than BS.
I also believe that Air Tele is more useful than we care to admit. It works more than it should, especially against "trigger happy" players that are always on point with their anti air.
What tricks are you talking about. I don't know how you have more options in sd.
F221 is equally good in ds with the tackle buff tbh.
Baiting anti airs works better with sickle simply because you are (more) safe and can lead to about 40%. Air tele is only legit as a projectile punish and even then its super tight and without Portals the risk reward is very bad imo

Dante

Noob
SD is a very good zoner, slide and ex slide are insane tools. The animation goes below high projectiles, does 16.6%, F2 becomes a 25% punish, can use it as a walk forward check and cancel it off of d3/d4.

DS in comparison just pales.
F2 ex tackle does 2-3% less. Also f2 ex tele is legit. And zoning with a half screen projectile isn't a thing vs actual zoners (like liu lol 2) . Sabbath is by far better.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
F2 ex tackle does 2-3% less. Also f2 ex tele is legit. And zoning with a half screen projectile isn't a thing vs actual zoners (like liu lol 2) . Sabbath is by far better.
F2 ex tackle does less damage and doesn't count as 2 shadows. You lose out on the shadow KB as well.

You can teleport to counterzone liu, and even if you can't react in time, you just have to get midscreen.

EX slide is safe on block with a bunch of pushback and does a total of 4.5% chip. F221 ex slide does 6% total chip by itself and you can actually stagger f221 into throw or get away with not using bar sometimes.

DS is a strictly inferior variation unless you want to engage in projectile trades with your opp in specific matchups. Otherwise, SD is better. Low slide animation goes under highs, does a shitton of damage, the ex version can anti air far jumps and combo in the corner.

All depends on whether you prefer 10% extra dmg in midscreen bnbs and being able to projectile trade fullscreen vs an extra KB, 50-50 from the 11 strings, safe ender for every move, safe check from pokes, 6% chip blockstrings with pushback, etc. Being able to hitconfirm F22 into a 35% unbreakable KB is really good.

It also makes your D3 a wall, because anytime they wanna press buttons after it they risk eating 17% and loading 2 shadows, as well as going back fullscreen. If anything, mb slide is both an offensive and defensive tool.

And most importantly, it gives you a safe 9f mid. B1 into low slide is 20% on hit and completely safe on block at -8 at jump distance.

Last edited:
Been playing with SD after the patch hit PC yesterday. I feel like I'm gonna switch to SD on DS's unfavorable matchup. Having a safe special to cancel into really helps his neutral game. To me DS is still better, but not better on all aspect as it used to be. Though DS damage is no joke, I feel like he barely finds an opening and when he does, the opponent already has meter to escape (though I can to a d2 after TP to get a chunky 290 dmg, but I lose oki due to the recovery). SD on the other hand, once he gots his hands on the opponnent, it's a guaranteed unbreakable 20-25%, which is respectable. Also I don't have to worry about matchup where b1 1+3 is punishable, which makes his b1 9fr mid even more respectable, and having the opponent respects his poking game is also a huge win. The only thing that bothers me is to find the proper spacing to initiate his gameplan, due to the face that his fullscreen zoning is shitty (w/o spiritball) and on whiff you're at risk being heavily exposed.
Overall, SD is good, with flaws. But I'd definitely pick him up, he has potential.

What tricks are you talking about. I don't know how you have more options in sd.
F221 is equally good in ds with the tackle buff tbh.
Baiting anti airs works better with sickle simply because you are (more) safe and can lead to about 40%. Air tele is only legit as a projectile punish and even then its super tight and without Portals the risk reward is very bad imo
Well basically BS gameplan is to open them up with 113, 212 or B1,1+3. I personally hate 113 in the neutral, because the opponent is usually playing the "low jab meta" as he should, the (1)13 will whiff like 90% of the time and you'll get jabbed out of it. B1,1+3 is a move that benefits on the opponent pressing buttons to really work, if your opponent knows the matchup and take these moves out you're left with F221 which is a great move but it does less damage in BS and isn't really helping towards that KB. F221 as an offensive tool in BS usually means you're out of options and that you wish you were doing more damage by using other routes.

SD can do what BS does in terms of offense (with less damage) but he not only gets more damage from the easiest move to hit (F221) but also builds fast towards the KB.

I agree that Sickle Throw is a better move than Air Tele, it's just that Air Tele definitely works for more than just punishing projectiles. It's simple mind games, if your jump ins are getting anti aired you "jump in teleport" next time and you'll get him. It works if you get enough data from your opponent and you know that he's a jumper or that he tries to go for jump ins to close matches. And the most underrated point IMO is that Sickle Throw is kinda unpredictable if your opponent jumps or does any kind of weird moves, like if you're playing against Kano or any character with air projectile that extends their hanging time, forget Sickle Throw. But hey, Air Tele is basically auto aim, if there's a hit box it works.

Ghost Ball works and will always work against people in KL simply because people panic. I don't mean it as a zoning projectile but for example, if the opponent is reading your Slide after F221 and you decide to go for F221 into Ghost Ball they'll panic. If you B1, 1+3 into it they'll panic. My prediction is that it obviously won't work in Pro Level tournaments but that it will always be viable in the amateur level. People said Lao's TP is trash (and it is) but it works online because of a lot of variables. Hell I even saw famous players in the pro scene getting caught by Lao's tp.

Now speaking AGAINST Seeing Double.
As I stated above, I hate 113 as a neutral string. It never works for me, they always duck and steal my turn. For this reason the "mixup" 112 or 113/11 into Slide hasn't clicked for me yet with the exception of jump ins but I guess it's kinda risky to rely too much on jump ins. Plus it's not a true 50/50, it can be fuzzy blocked and it's like a billion times easier to see than, say Sub Zero's mix up for example, because both moves have fairly big and different looking tells.

I would't say SD is definitely better than BS but the variation is definitely growing on me. I've been having a lot of success with it in KL with a 8 win streak almost reaching God. Black Sabbath will always be amazing simply because of 40% midscreen punish. In the end I truly believe it'll be a matter or match up and knowledge of my opponent. If I know I can get that guy to spread his legs against B1,1+3 and 113 very often I'll go for BS and demolish him. If I know my opponent knows Noob and his tricks I'll go with SD.

Is there a comprehensive list of characters that can outright punish noobs b1 1+3?

I enjoy SD right now as it feels a lot more oppressive in neutral. The damage loss is big, but it's really only noticed when you land two back to back openings which is tough sometimes.

Also being able to firefight with this ghost ball is missed. Overall sd has been fun at least to play and for whatever reason fits my mental image of what noob is supposed to embody. I like that shadow clones are constantly on the screen.