What's new

Noob Combo Thread

D. R.

Noob
Yeah, but if you guess wrong with Noob, and they put you in a position where they can keep pressure on you and you have no meter for a Breaker, then you're fucked, so it's not worth it.
What? Please tell me how Noob is fucked if he ends a combo with Disabler and the opponent does something unsafe on wake up, which odds are, they will. There are options out of it and there are options to deal with it if you guess correctly. You know they can't block because of Disabler, right? lol It's not fool proof and more then likely, the opponent will burn meter using a breaker to get out of this set up anyway. If you don't like it or can't do it, don't use it. You can get just as much damage from bnb combos ending in Disabler in the corner that are less damage, but are easier and save meter. That's what I usually do anyway because once I have someone in the conrer, I want them there til their dead and if they retaliate and I get hit, I'll breaker them back into the corner.

PsychoShot

@imashbuttons
Pretty sure you didn't read the post that I was responding to. I was talking about the neutral jump :fp setup. I didn't mention the fireball at all.

PsychoShot

@imashbuttons
Is this the definition of cancelling basically? Because Psyco I know EXACTLY what you mean when you say that where right after pressing BK, you hit down up
In this game, buffering is weird. Like, in a combo, if you want to keep it going/end it with a special move, you have to buffer the motion while you're inputting the last normal in the sequence. It takes a minute to get used to.

Dante

Noob
Hey D.R. cool vids you got there. Already subscribed.
Got some slight improvement to some of your combos (some more dmg and maybe easier execution).

Jump in :fp, :r:fk:fkxx:en:d:l:fk, n.j :fp, :bk,:bk, :)fp:bpxx:d:l:fk)x2, :fp:bpxx:en:d:l:fk, n.j :fp, blackhole - 52%, 2bar
blackhole, n.j :fp, (jump in :fk, :fp:bpxx:en:d:l:fk)x2, :fp:bpxx:d:l:fk, :fp:bpxx:en:d:l:fk, :fp:bpxx:d:r:fk - 62%, 3bar.

i discovered the :r:fk:fkxx:en:d:l:fk, n.j :fp today and seems to open some more combo posibilities. Try it out as it might help you, if you didnt notice it already. Also :bp:fpxx:en:d:l:fk, n.j :fp is only possible but the proration of it is worse as i could see.

You can basically use that as the starter and get at least the same dmg (if you find it easier execution wise that is). Although there is less room for hit confirming, which already pretty bad in mk9 imo

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Thanks DR and Dante for the combos. Im glad someone putting effort into noob. I am but im not finding out as much shit as you guys XD.

I do have a quick question for you all....what is the best corner combos (prefer no meter combo) that involves disabler so i can start my reset/tech trap game?

Munchi

Noob
Thanks DR and Dante for the combos. Im glad someone putting effort into noob. I am but im not finding out as much shit as you guys XD.

I do have a quick question for you all....what is the best corner combos (prefer no meter combo) that involves disabler so i can start my reset/tech trap game?
You can do this one for now this is one of the BnBs i do in the corner w/o using meter..theres a few more but i feel this on does good meterless dmg ..
:l , :fp , :bk , :fp , :bk xx Upknee, :bp , :fp xx Upknee, :bp , :fp xx Upknee , :bp , :fp xx Upknee .. 33% no meter
instead of the 4th Upknee i usually do SC (can we say that sometimes for Shadow Charge?) or i do the disabler for more mixups..hope this helps.

Dtoxz

Noob
In this game, buffering is weird. Like, in a combo, if you want to keep it going/end it with a special move, you have to buffer the motion while you're inputting the last normal in the sequence. It takes a minute to get used to.
I agree but once you get the hang of it, it becomes FUN! I love the way these combos in this game look. I found a 50% with Ermac thats really quite easy actually. Then Check came out with that video and now I gotta go back to training. Haha. Good Noob combos. I need to learn him a lil bit better.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
You can do this one for now this is one of the BnBs i do in the corner w/o using meter..theres a few more but i feel this on does good meterless dmg ..
:l , :fp , :bk , :fp , :bk xx Upknee, :bp , :fp xx Upknee, :bp , :fp xx Upknee , :bp , :fp xx Upknee .. 33% no meter
instead of the 4th Upknee i usually do SC (can we say that sometimes for Shadow Charge?) or i do the disabler for more mixups..hope this helps.
Ok thnks. I have a similar bnb tht does 32% but i cnt combo into disabler so this should help a lot. How do I use his portals properly where i dnt get punished on recovery?

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
fuck, here i thought i found a breakthrough but it doesnt work in the most recent version (1.01 or w/e). if its helps, i reached 74% but the combo simply doesnt work in the new version =(

i'll keep trying it with every update, maybe theyll slip up and it'll start working again >.>

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Munchi. The combo you gave em b4 is working great but i cnt combo into disabler still. They fall to quick to catch...Am i doing something wrong?

Munchi

Noob
Munchi. The combo you gave em b4 is working great but i cnt combo into disabler still. They fall to quick to catch...Am i doing something wrong?
you have to input the disabler earlier ... the last part is done before its shown...negative edge would be the term i think im lookin for :) D.R. shows some more complexed-ish combos also that show Noobs capabilities .. hes a good source as well. i hope that little info helped .. dont be afraid to ask if i confused you

Hitoshura

Head Cage
you have to input the disabler earlier ... the last part is done before its shown...negative edge would be the term i think im lookin for :) D.R. shows some more complexed-ish combos also that show Noobs capabilities .. hes a good source as well. i hope that little info helped .. dont be afraid to ask if i confused you
Lol dnt worry i knw wht negative edging is. I Played arakune in blazbue. Hes all negative edging XD

How well do these combos preform online...not like psn is working atm...just curious

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Im having trouble keeping my opponent in the corner so i can start my reset game with noob. Ill lead them in the corner and i have a problem with keeping pressure. Does noob have any good pressure string to keep them in the corner?

Munchi

Noob
Im having trouble keeping my opponent in the corner so i can start my reset game with noob. Ill lead them in the corner and i have a problem with keeping pressure. Does noob have any good pressure string to keep them in the corner?
yes, shadows at the max close range or upknee.
my mind got blown yeaserday about this game and i love it even more now

Tycho

Noob
Begin with :r:fk:fk:fk if they get hit throw a tackle shadow at them to get em on the ground and keep pressure. If they're pushed into the corner and you're full screen distance then throw a forward or above portal at them to force them to jump forward. From my experience most opponent will do a jump kick towards me so I always make sure to do a shadow knee shortly after the portal. If you have meter then you can do one of the corner combos listed in here that follows an enhanced shadow knee. So let me put it in button terms.

(in left corner)
:l:fk:fk:fk xx Shadow tackle ... Above/Forward portal *opponent jumps/gets thrown into portal* ... :en Shadow Knee :bp:bp:fp:bp xx Shadow tackle.

Repeat this.

Munchi

Noob
hey like i said guys my mind has been blown about this game in a day..that combo i posted was stupid..soooo
@Hitoshura89
here's one that i learned and does good meterless dmg (37% same dmg as D.R did just a different loop)
(corner) :bp :fp :bp , Upknee , :bp :fp :bp , Upknee , :bp :fp , Upknee , :bp :fp , Tackle 37% and 40% if you jump in with 2 or 1
50% dmg if you do the Upknee :en version then finish the same ..hope this info helps