What's new

Noob Combo Thread

justim

Shingo Kick!

video of unblockable setup into xray. Probably will work well vs. characters with poor wakeup options :)

DaeDraug

Noob
Ok guys, looks like I have been misunderstood.
I was looking for something new, and more damaging off b+1 than b+1,2,1,4~TeleSlam hence my messing around unorthodox combos.

b+1,2,1~EX Knee launches opp so high it might be possible to double dash in to some normals, I just havn't tested it yet.

EDIT:

Looks like b+1,2~EX Hole might be a neat setup. The only way to avoid EXBlackHole is not to press ANY button! If they'll try to block, they'll get hit by the hole. Same with ducking, or any attacks.

I'll be glad if anyone could confirm/test it.

justim

Shingo Kick!
Ok guys, looks like I have been misunderstood.
I was looking for something new, and more damaging off b+1 than b+1,2,1,4~TeleSlam hence my messing around unorthodox combos.

b+1,2,1~EX Knee launches opp so high it might be possible to double dash in to some normals, I just havn't tested it yet.

EDIT:

Looks like b+1,2~EX Hole might be a neat setup. The only way to avoid EXBlackHole is not to press ANY button! If they'll try to block, they'll get hit by the hole. Same with ducking, or any attacks.

I'll be glad if anyone could confirm/test it.
I couldn't get anything after ex :d:l other than double dash:d3..which scales to a nice extra 0%. I tried :l1,:l2,2,and 1 which all miss..oddly enough with auto block on dashx2 :d:l3 his them while they get up..but I doubt it works on a human blocking

The blackhole set up is jumpable.

DaeDraug

Noob
I couldn't get anything after ex :d:l other than double dash:d3..which scales to a nice extra 0%. I tried :l1,:l2,2,and 1 which all miss..oddly enough with auto block on dashx2 :d:l3 his them while they get up..but I doubt it works on a human blocking

The blackhole set up is jumpable.
Thanks a lot for testing it! It's kinda frustrating that Noob's combos are so limited...
I was hoping for the blackhole to work... damn.

justim

Shingo Kick!
I think his combo options midscreen are so limited because their purpose isn't damage but pushing them into the corner. I mean, hitting with a 2-1-2 :d:u and then landing a :l1-2-1-3 :)d:u/:l:r3/:d:r2) puts them (nearly?) into the corner and forces them to deal with your mixups, safe strings, :d:l3 harassment and if you land a hit you can combo into :d:l1 or :en:d:l1 and really make things painful for them :)

Dante

Noob
Blackhole setups are jumpable, but in the corner you can do an upknee and cover the enemy's jumps and still get a combo because it will hit as an anti-air and we know what the possibilities are in the corner. Also in case the opponent doesnt avoid the blackhole, the upknee will miss but you will have time to catch the opponent with stuff like 2,1,2 to upknee and keep the combo going. Check it out and tell me what u think.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I made a combo in training today but prob is i think it might be to impractical seeing as you can roll out or jump out of it. Its a reset combo if you knw ur opponent just gonna get right up

Requires 2 meter
:l:fp:bp:fp > :en:d:l:fk > :en:d:l:bp > :u:fp/:bp [slight delay] :l:fp:bp:fp > :d:u

It does 17% b4 teleport and it resets into 28% more damage so for 2 meter mid-screen its a 45% damage combo.

or..

:l:fp:bp:fp > :en:d:l:fk > :en:d:l:bp > :u:fp/:bp [slight delay] :l:fp:bp:fp > :d:r:fk
17% into 27% for 44% damage combo

Like i said very situational since you got to knw if ur opponent just gonna get straight up. you need some serious yomi to use this lol

this could just be me but is any1 finding the negative edge in this game annoying ? like when i do a few strings that end with a 2 xx down back 3 (shadow upknee) sometimes the game ignores the button I press last and uses the button before it... so in this example i get 2 xx down back 2 (blackhole) when i'm actually trying to get a shadow upknee, sometimes I don't even press a button after the down back but it still goes on with the special also the button log says I'm doing everything fine so I really don't understand what's going on

justim

Shingo Kick!
this could just be me but is any1 finding the negative edge in this game annoying ? like when i do a few strings that end with a 2 xx down back 3 (shadow upknee) sometimes the game ignores the button I press last and uses the button before it... so in this example i get 2 xx down back 2 (blackhole) when i'm actually trying to get a shadow upknee, sometimes I don't even press a button after the down back but it still goes on with the special also the button log says I'm doing everything fine so I really don't understand what's going on

The window for negative edge in this game is really big..it's just an extra,unintended, execution barrier. You can get around the negative edge coming out by doing like 2-1-2 (hold 2) :d:l3. I don't do it, but, I've read it in forums for multiple games. As long as you don't release 2 before you hit 3 you should be fine.

PsychoShot

@imashbuttons
So, I haven't had much time to test this out, but I was thinking of this combo into Portal reset recently:

:l:fp:bp:fp xx :en Upward Kick xx Upward Kick, Portal. This is something that should be done in the corner, and like I said, I haven't had the chance to test this out yet.

Dante

Noob
If portal=blackhole then its better to do it after a nj.P for extra dmg (like ex upkick, nj.P, blackhole)

do you or does any1 else know if NRS will fix this or give us an option to turn it off because i hate it, its a real problem for me, I don't even understand the reasoning behind this idea, like its not hard to just execute the move you actually want so why put this in.

the fails of this game are putting me off so much, there's an ass training room, an ass button config and now i've found out they've put some overly sensitive negative edge in -_-

justim

Shingo Kick!
A lot of fighters have negative edge now and I've never seen a game with an option to turn it off. The only thing I can say is you just gotta get used to it. SSF4 has negative edge too, I think I first started noticing it when I tried to mess around with seth who had a combo that was cr.lp,cr.lp,cr.mp,qcbmk and you would get his qcb.mp to negative edge out sometimes. It can be frustrating but you can work around it.

I can tolerate negative edge but this feels extreme, on ssf4 I don't even notice it apart from seth on that very same combo but even then barely noticeable lool, could you tell me these other fighters that have negative edge ? is there's as bad as MK9 ? *sigh* this just doesn't work for me so I'm going to call it quits for MK until I hear of a patch, if they don't patch it then I guess to bad for NRS because besides this and the training room I really enjoyed this game, I guess its back to SSF4, BB:CS and tekken 6

PsychoShot

@imashbuttons
Negative Edge stopped giving me trouble after the first like, ten minutes in training mode. If you're still having trouble with it, you should hit up training mode and do combos and make sure you don't get Negative edge.

DaeDraug

Noob
Yeah, for me the negative edge is beyond uncomfortable. It makes some follow ups impossible to pull off.

I was messing around d+3~Slide_Knee mix up, but now matter how hard I try I can't cancel d+3 to the Slide...

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I had troubles with neg edge as well but i l,earned to get around it by not inputting the combos in so fast. Just pace yourself and you should start seeing some progress

Psychoshot I just tested your combo out and unfortunately the opponent has enough time to get up to either hit u out of portal move, since as it comes down your still not fully recovered yet, or just jump straight up. if you try this instead...

:l:fp:bp:fp > :d:l:fk > :en:d:l:bp

The opponent cant get up in time to hit you out of it or jump up. they can try to roll but they'll still get hit by the portal since their in the corner. the only thing i see is you can get hit with a wake up attack or jump, which makes this a reliable reset combo to use. The recovery on :en:d:l:bp is quicker but I think you still dnt have enough time to block.

Ill test this out more in irl combat than in training next time I get a chance.

Dante

Noob
Its cant be very hard to get used to the negative edge, but the fact is that it is so silly because of the extremely huge frames in the buffer system in general that it forces you to input everything with 100% accuracy or even make it impossible to do stuff like a fake hadoken in sf4 (236 delay +punch), or in Noob's case backdash then forward+BK. It will always be a low shadow.

Im praying that a reduction to the buffer system will be done.

Its cant be very hard to get used to the negative edge, but the fact is that it is so silly because of the extremely huge frames in the buffer system in general that it forces you to input everything with 100% accuracy or even make it impossible to do stuff like a fake hadoken in sf4 (236 delay +punch), or in Noob's case backdash then forward+BK. It will always be a low shadow.

Im praying that a reduction to the buffer system will be done.
the buffer system seems to work against you more than with you, i always get random black holes if i input something thats a bit off. Also i hate the fact that its not designed to allow you to spam out the first button of a chain for juggling to ensure it comes out ASAP, whenever i try this it always garbles the rest of the chain because I pressed an extra 2 instead of a 1, even if i push the 1 before the 2 is finished, the fact that i pushed an extra 2 before pushing the 1 screws over the 1 and the chain is dropped.

PsychoShot

@imashbuttons
Thank you Hitoshura for testing that out. I think it's pretty dumb to use, since you're not able to block in time, so it's probably not worth using. D:

EDIT: In the corner, if you do the EX Upward Knee, and then immediately do the EX Blackhole, then it looks like it's safe.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Thank you Hitoshura for testing that out. I think it's pretty dumb to use, since you're not able to block in time, so it's probably not worth using. D:

EDIT: In the corner, if you do the EX Upward Knee, and then immediately do the EX Blackhole, then it looks like it's safe.
I figured as much. How reliable is it?