What's new

Noob.Com updated and reset with more clues!

Swine of Omnipotence

Lord of Swines
Of course! He could appear in the story, trying to plot against some of the factions, and getting caught. I think he would fit for a small role.
Yeah. His powers are too comparable to other characters that just about everyone would rather have. lol.
But someone does need to fill that psychic/magic niche. Really hoping it's Raven. Nothing against Zatanna, I just think Raven is immensely more interesting.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I agree with you. I would like both, Zatanna and Raven, to be in the game; but if I have to choose, I choose Raven.

trufenix

bye felicia
Continuing to LIE? What lie? I was suggesting that maybe the No PGirl and the apparent No MMhunter might be trolling us, or we're looking at it too literally.
Explain to me the logic behind accepting a great many of the things in this crossword as truth or at least hints (as you and several others in this thread have done) only to throw out the "troll" card about the few that you disagree with? If No MMHUNTER is a troll, then all of its a troll.

trufenix

bye felicia
Come on man. *This* is a statement for which the logic needs explaining, not anything Shadowknight said.
It means if you're going to make this excuse for MMH, the same excuse could be made to invalidate any other clue in the puzzle. It means that someone could find a line that says BLACK ADAM IS A SKIN and the MMH police could just drop in and say that it means the exact opposite. It means that this whole exercise has been pointless because every single line in the thing could just be a lie.

Dramatica

Forecast calls for missiles
It means that this whole exercise has been pointless because every single line in the thing could just be a lie.
I'm not trying to argue with you buddy, but I really don't think many of us approached this believing we would uncover definite truths about the game. Yes, every single line could be a lie! But is it a pointless exercise? No way, the point is that it is fun to uncover clues and speculate about what they could mean. To make an absolute statement either confirming or denying a character in the roster is automatically wrong because no one here has that information.

trufenix

bye felicia
Yes, every single line could be a lie! But is it a pointless exercise? No way, the point is that it is fun to uncover clues and speculate about what they could mean.
If there are lies in the puzzle, and I mean totally boldfaced exact opposite of what it says lies in the puzzle, then yes it is a pointless exercise. A red herring (deliberate misleading) or a nonsensical phrase is completely different from a lie. If the puzzle says, "Used to be Robin" or "Four Members of the JLU" or "Broken Back" there is speculation, each of those could be many things. However, if the puzzle says "Robin is not in the game" or "No Red Lanterns" or "Damian's Dad" those are all very specific, very unspeculative things.

We've had like 15 pages of people having a blast coming to wacky conclusions based on conjecture, which is the entire point, and one person who refuses to accept the most easily understood "clue" in the puzzle.

Explain to me the logic behind accepting a great many of the things in this crossword as truth or at least hints (as you and several others in this thread have done) only to throw out the "troll" card about the few that you disagree with? If No MMHUNTER is a troll, then all of its a troll.
Word Searches, which is what this thing is, NOT a crossword puzzle, can have words in them that have absolutely no connection or relevance. Let's take a look here. We have NO MMHUNTER(again, the R is still above the E, that's pretty crooked). Okay. The only hints we've seen for him are the file on Boon's computer in that Twitter picture and the JONES in this word search, which can be read as JON JONES. We have NO PGIRL. This one makes no sense unless it's talking about the initial roster because Boon ran a poll and found out that she is a pretty damn popular character. And we have NO SEQUEL. This one is just plain stupid. I cannot imagine NetherRealm NOT doing a sequel to this game if it sells well. Whether it's a sequel to the story or a spiritual successor, it will still be seen as a sequel. This is why I'm not taking the NO MMHUNTER too seriously. Do I think he'll be in the main roster? At this point, not very likely. Do I think he'll be DLC? Not having him would be stupid.

Irockz

I am Michael J. Caboose and I HATE BABIES!
a) We've seen another hint for MMH. The cover of the comic has his symbol on it.
b) Has nobody thought the "NO" could be a trick? The "NO" could have no significance whatsoever and simply be placed there to mislead you all.

Dramatica

Forecast calls for missiles
I refuse to draw ANY conclusions based on the LITERAL MEANING of a clue found in the word search. Even if it said "NOMMHUNTER" straight across, right in the middle, to immediately say "MMH is not in the game" is short-sighted. In fact I might argue it means precisely the opposite. Who knows? None of us do. trufenix How can you possibly claim to know the will of the maker of this word search? The answer is you don't, and it bothers me when people make claims without evidence, though I very much admire you defending your point of view.

trufenix

bye felicia
It's not a question of literal meaning. Inference and suspicion are one thing and it would be different if we were discussing whether the NO in front of MMHUNTE is unrelated, or wether INOMMHUNTE could be some play on "I know Martian Manhunter". But to accept that NOMMHUNTE is a clue, and then say that clue means the exact opposite is bonkers.

If that's the case lets just say TERRY means Frederick, HELICOPTER could mean Fire Sword, and KILLEDACHILD could mean saved a child and call the whole thing a clue that MK vs Guilty Gear is their next game.

Swine of Omnipotence

Lord of Swines
It's not a question of literal meaning. Inference and suspicion are one thing and it would be different if we were discussing whether the NO in front of MMHUNTE is unrelated, or wether INOMMHUNTE could be some play on "I know Martian Manhunter". But to accept that NOMMHUNTE is a clue, and then say that clue means the exact opposite is bonkers.

If that's the case lets just say TERRY means Frederick, HELICOPTER could mean Fire Sword, and KILLEDACHILD could mean saved a child and call the whole thing a clue that MK vs Guilty Gear is their next game.
Everyone's gay for Shao Kahn.

But, I agree with just about everything you've said regarding the 'no.' I do think speculation is fun, though.

Aquaman was a popular character w/ a full trailer so I think they are going to let that sit a while. I really believe they are going to do Doomsday w/ next Monday's Battle Arena so I don't think we will get much this week. I'm just hoping for some cool hints and hidden images from noob.com

I don´t think we will get a reveal this week, if we are lucky maybe the next arena battle but hard to say.

There are only 7 1/2 weeks left until release starting next week. If they revealed a character per week, we would make it to 24 playables by the week before launch (assuming Doomsday is one of those reveals). I imagine there are more than 24 characters and with a game like this, you should be revealing all characters pre launch. We should be in for some interesting weeks ahead.