What's new

Noble Dragon Wins Injustice 2 @ EVO 2017!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Alright, I think we've all had enough of the negativity. How about this: everybody list one positive thing they really liked about the tournament :)

I'll start -- I was really happy to see Semij make Top 8. This guy has been working hard for months, and he stays relatively quiet, but has been getting better and better results as time goes on. I've been rooting for him and I hope he continues to make finals at future majors.

Also, Hayatei is always hype. I like that he always has a hipster character on deck, and his play is always confident and can catch people off-guard. Props to him for adjusting to the Injustice meta so quickly.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Alright, I think we've all had enough of the negativity. How about this: everybody list one positive thing they really liked about the tournament :)

I'll start -- I was really happy to see Semij make Top 8. This guy has been working hard for months, and he stays relatively quiet, but has been getting better and better results as time goes on. I've been rooting for him and I hope he continues to make finals at future majors.

Also, Hayatei is always hype. I like that he always has a hipster character on deck, and his play is always confident and can catch people off-guard. Props to him for adjusting to the Injustice meta so quickly.
I would love to :)

HB was super hyped in this tourney, his performance was just out of this world, and he beat Sonic Fox out of all people as well. Huge props to him.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

I was incredibly hype watching @HoneyBee. Unfortunately I missed his match with SonicFox live because I was told by multiple people/sources that the finals would start at 9PM EST. Had no idea they ran top 8 while top 8 wasn't even solidified yet.

Only time I've been more hype in my entire history of being the in FGC is when @Pig Of The Hut was playing against @Big D in MK9 at Final Round and me and @Blackula were sitting right next to him cheering him on. Which is kinda funny because when he played @REO I switched sides because REO is my boy and got insanely hype when he won. That was the same Final Round where they had the VSM vs 16bit's Team Money Match, which I had a front row seat to. I don't think anything can top the hype factor for these two instances, but dammit HoneyBee came very close. I was literally yelling and clapping like a maniac.

Karlmeister

Lin Kuei Champion
Indeed Semiij was my bet. He is playing out of his mind since a month (and even before) and just won the last 3 weekly WOG. The set against SF was PURE hype and still can't believe he lost against Theo.

Enviado desde mi ASUS_Z00A mediante Tapatalk

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Also side note, in the fantasy bracket I had HoneyBee and Dragon but took Dragon out because it was too expensive and honestly idk why I switched out HoneyBee. Also I had Xian in there to fill it out but changed him too last minute. FeelsBadMan. Ended up with like a 2,000 total score. The biggest payoff was Nubcakes. He was $10 and he got 9th. If you could post screenshots from your phone on here I would. :(

Excluding honeybee's run, seeing Xian get out of winners side of his pool was sick. I hope he sticks around and plays at any other major he joins.

Semi's run was awesome, Hayetei getting top 8 with Robin was ridiculous, and Gross getting top 8 was also awesome as well.

As for Theo, it's crazy how good he is. Insane patience and spacing, need to watch more of his match footage.

Karlmeister

Lin Kuei Champion
Excluding honeybee's run, seeing Xian get out of winners side of his pool was sick. I hope he sticks around and plays at any other major he joins.
Xian defeating DeeJay Tea was the first big surprise of the Tournament. In R2 DJT took revenge and send him home.

I expected to see Justin Wong but he was DQ (I assume his priority were SF and UMVC).

Enviado desde mi ASUS_Z00A mediante Tapatalk

Shaka

Tier Whore.
People will always prefer pressing buttons non stop and fighting like drunks so I can see why they find Flash players to be skillful and Defensive smart play to require zero skill so I get why they hate on Dragon and love Honeybee.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Oh Cossner. You never change and you don't learn new tricks now do you? But hey, thanks for proving my point some several pages ago about why elitism is what's really killing this fraudulent community. You keep on kicking on the dead horse about my opinion about Dragon's choice to win and of course when you keep doing that, you obviously only select certain parts to fit your narrative and agenda. But, that's okay because at this point, you only continue to show why that your crap stinks just like the rest of us.

You think you're superior to me or anyone on this site? Where the hell are your achievements? What have you actually done besides play some damn game (and lose more money than gain from it)? You really want to play that game with me Cossner? First of, you don't even know me and second even if you did, you still can't make assumptions based off of a baseless argument that has YET to be proven differently besides the majority harping after me for saying the minority opinion. Isn't this community suppose to embrace both sides of the opinion spectrum -- both the majority and minority opinion?

"TYM is for people like Skylight over here..." Oh people who question the "mighty" and don't sit back and regurgitate bullshit because it's coming from people like you and your ilk? Get real, please, you make me laugh.
Me and at least 99% of people here are superior to you. Mighty superior. TYM was great man, lots of people commented and traveled and you met everyone and we were all friends. Until Skylight1 over here showed up. Never showed his face offline, only being a toxic little opinionated douche. Yeah I'm totally gonna give you the time of my day random anon with a Donald Trump picture in an online forum. Didn't you get banned a while ago for being racist or something like that?

Last edited:

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter

I saw a WW win a match on stream, and saw a Cyborg win a match on stream. Watching characters I like find success, even if just in a random pool match, was fun.

Me and at least 99% of people here are superior to you. Mighty superior. TYM was great man, lots of people commented and traveled and you met everyone and we were all friends. Until Skylight1 over here showed up. Never showed his face offline, only being a toxic little opinionated douche. Yeah I'm totally gonna give you the time of my day random anon in an online forum with a Donald Trump picture. Didn't you get banned a while ago for being racist or something like that?
I know that people like you don't like people expressing a different opinion, but mine is that you are actually part of the toxic players in the community. You don't have the moral high ground, he just gave his opinion and everybody went nuts and started to insult him. You are not superior to anyone here, everybody has the right to post and give his opinion on a subject. If you don't agree then you can answer while being polite, if you are angry then don't spread your hate by insulting or dispising people. Like I already said, you're not superior, nobody is superior to anyone here. TYM is a forum where a pro player and a casual one can both share their opinion about MK and Injustice, and that's why TYM is great. If you don't agree, like I already said, you can reply and discuss, no need to spread your hate, why would you will piss off people who just wanted to spend time on this forum to discuss about the games they like while they asked you nothing ? Are you a "toxic douche" ?

Your only "argument" here is "you never showed up in a tournament", then what ? Should we ban him for that ? Maybe he doesn't have the time, the money or even he doesn't even want to go in a offline tournament Should he be insulted for that ? I never came to a tournament because I don't have enough money to do so. So I'm probably part of the remaining percent of inferior beings according to you.

Okay my bad, you had a second argument : "I'm totally gonna give you the time of my day random anon in an online forum with a Donald Trump picture". What the fuck is this ? He has a Donald Trump avatar and then what ? He's not worth talking with ? He's a racist ? It's easy to judge people on their profile picture.
You have a Simpson-themed avatar, so you're probably a childish guy, right ? My avatar isn't related to MK or injustice, so I probably don't care about these games, right ?

It's easy to say that the others are intolerant, impolite or scornful, but you should keep your own house in order first.

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
That was at Evo, what about CEO and Combo Breaker? 0 solo Batman at those in the top
This is what you said:
"There is only 1 Batman in every top 8 and only 1 or 2 Batman in every top 48"

You didn't say:
"Aside from EVO, there is only 1 Batman in every top 8 and only 1 or 2 Batman in every top 48"

You're also posting this in a thread dedicated to the tournament you're overlooking. It kinda comes off as downplaying.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
I know that people like you don't like people expressing a different opinion, but mine is that you are actually part of the toxic players in the community. You don't have the moral high ground, he just gave his opinion and everybody went nuts and started to insult him. You are not superior to anyone here, everybody has the right to post and give his opinion on a subject. If you don't agree then you can answer while being polite, if you are angry then don't spread your hate by insulting or dispising people. Like I already said, you're not superior, nobody is superior to anyone here. TYM is a forum where a pro player and a casual one can both share their opinion about MK and Injustice, and that's why TYM is great. If you don't agree, like I already said, you can reply and discuss, no need to spread your hate, why would you will piss off people who just wanted to spend time on this forum to discuss about the games they like while they asked you nothing ? Are you a "toxic douche" ?

Your only "argument" here is "you never showed up in a tournament", then what ? Should we ban him for that ? Maybe he doesn't have the time, the money or even he doesn't even want to go in a offline tournament Should he be insulted for that ? I never came to a tournament because I don't have enough money to do so. So I'm probably part of the remaining percent of inferior beings according to you.

Okay my bad, you had a second argument : "I'm totally gonna give you the time of my day random anon in an online forum with a Donald Trump picture". What the fuck is this ? He has a Donald Trump avatar and then what ? He's not worth talking with ? He's a racist ? It's easy to judge people on their profile picture.
You have a Simpson-themed avatar, so you're probably a childish guy, right ? My avatar isn't related to MK or injustice, so I probably don't care about these games, right ?

It's easy to say that the others are intolerant, impolite or scornful, but you should keep your own house in order first.
You're CLEARLY very new and completely unaware of who Skylight1 is.

I'm sorry I ruined your "let's shit on a 19 year-old who's much better than you at a video game" party with my "elitism" guys.

Last edited:
Cringe.

Cossner doesn't act like he's better than people, I fucking suck and he played me at MKX to show me how Sektor works and he was very nice about it. He, just like everyone else is tired of a thread like this being polluted by essays full of meaninglessness bullshit.

"The opinion spectrum"? It's really funny that Dragon is getting shit on for winning with Aquaman, and him using a character like Aquaman makes him less of a player. When Honeybee himself actually tried to use Aquaman against Dragon and that didn't work either, but no way you'll mention that because it doesn't support your arguement.
I actually stated that in my point a few pages back, but thanks for ignoring it and using that to fuel a narrative. People want to say "he picked Aqua too!" but fail to see why he did it. He only did it because he lost faith in his main for a split second and the mind games that Dragon played on him, worked and it caused him to lose before he picked the Flash (where he came back up by 2). Honeybee used Aquaman against his own mental will and finally realized that he made a huge mistake, proving that mind games at a grand final really did mess him up and forced him to lose his step.

Me and at least 99% of people here are superior to you. Mighty superior. TYM was great man, lots of people commented and traveled and you met everyone and we were all friends. Until Skylight1 over here showed up. Never showed his face offline, only being a toxic little opinionated douche. Yeah I'm totally gonna give you the time of my day random anon with a Donald Trump picture in an online forum. Didn't you get banned a while ago for being racist or something like that?
I barely use this forum so any type of lie you're talking about being "racist", is just that a lie. And Jesus Christ I didn't think I had to appease you or those other members by "showing up" at tournaments. It's fine and dandy that you live by the sword and you will apparently die by the sword with that attitude but, you realize I don't have free time like you to commit to a life on the road like that -- playing tournaments where I have a small chance of winning or losing. I actually have a commitment at college where it interferes with things like that, I have a job and I actually have two ailing parents to take care off. Again simply because I have a Donald Trump avatar means JACK SHIT in the long run and for you to keep bringing that up shows how classless you are.

You don't know me and regardless of what my previous posts have been about or how my general persona is on this website, you only judge me for what you see me type on these forums. You haven't talked to me in a discord or online on PS4 or XBOX to get the real jist of who I am so therefore this "SKylight is this..", is rather asinine.

[QUOTE="ShepherdOfFire, post: 2317890, member: 51815" snip [/QUOTE]
I feel like I don't see this enough on this website. Thank you sir.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I actually stated that in my point a few pages back, but thanks for ignoring it and using that to fuel a narrative. People want to say "he picked Aqua too!" but fail to see why he did it. He only did it because he lost faith in his main for a split second and the mind games that Dragon played on him, worked and it caused him to lose before he picked the Flash (where he came back up by 2). Honeybee used Aquaman against his own mental will and finally realized that he made a huge mistake, proving that mind games at a grand final really did mess him up and forced him to lose his step.
HoneyBee used Aquaman because it's a horrible matchup for Flash and Dragon already 3-0'd him in the Flash Aqua MU in winners final. It was the right choice, it just didn't work out.