What's new

Noble Dragon Wins Injustice 2 @ EVO 2017!

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Dragon is probably the most nicest person in the entire FGC. No one cares if you don't respect him for his character choices, that's YOUR problem.
No one cares how "nice" he is either lol, you can ask him out if you like him so much. ppl judge him as a player regardless of his personality and as far as that goes he is as lame as it gets, Nobody can deny that he is a top player, but he'll never be as entertaining or hype as other top players are.

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
I have no beef with Dragon he was just doing what he always does pick the strongesy character and play well.

My real beef is with NRS. I would really love to politely ask them in a video interview why:

1. The 10 best characters in Injustice 2 mirror the 10 best characters in Injustice 1 and what did they actually learn from that game?

2. Why are the most straightforward characters so often the strongest in their games (Alien, Tanya, Superman, Aquaman, etc.).

I understand playing to win and I understand that Dragon deserve to win. However, I'm sure we ALL understand that viewers who are literally standing right there watching will boo in protest.

We also have to understand that Dragon has played all the characters that have been booed in recent years.

This is mostly an issue with NRS.

All games have top tiers but other games have exciting top tiers. I would rather watch Doom in every Top 8 team (which did in the past) than watch 2 Aquamen in an EVO Top 8.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Seriously i don't know why there is so much hate towards Dragon the dude is an amazing player, if Fox would've won with Blackadam people would say "well, he is a god with or without Blackadam" also Honeybee did try Aquaman so why the booing and hate against Dragon i just don't understand it.
Simple, it wasnt hype, Ivy vs Flash would have been hype, Dragon wanted to go Aquaman when clearly the God Lord would have taken Ivy. This will be a day long remembered. We have a peoples champ. And a hype killing Champ. Bee knew his match ups and tried the mirror first but d1 into trident rush and a d2 thats the best in the game was too much. Love that he went out on flash. Grats to Dragon, but no one wanted to see aquaman in the gfinals, lets talk about growing nrs games in sports, kid still lives at home 10 bucks his mom still pays his cellphone bill. It wasnt about the money. It was about a show. And Bee brought that shit hard in top 8. Thats why people booed him. Drimk rant done lol

PS-FlashGodLord, shit was sick. Those Toronto boys come to play!!

dwz_mk9

I could do this all day...
People saying Dragon needed Aquaman to win, stop. It's so damn difficult to win any major tournament with any character with the amount of killer players that are going to be there. Add the fact that it's EVO and the difficulty of winning only increases. So if someone wins, it wasn't because of their character...

HOWEVER! This doesn't change the fact that watching Aquaman do trident rush 90,000 times made me want to sew my eyes shut.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
Inj2 brought a shit load of scrubs to this site it's disgusting. No wonder top players don't come here anymore.

People liking scrubby comments is even more depressing than anything. As if Dragon needed to apologize for using a top tier in tournaments.

NRs already stated that they will be nerfing the top tiers next patch, no point on moaning anymore. Plus all you scrubs will find other chars to moan about once patch hits anyway, As I said patch won't fix your scrubbiness.

Sonicfox has always been winning with top tiers and counter picks, if he would had gone all you scrubs would had been kissing his ass usual.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
Seriously i don't know why there is so much hate towards Dragon the dude is an amazing player, if Fox would've won with Blackadam people would say "well, he is a god with or without Blackadam" also Honeybee did try Aquaman so why the booing and hate against Dragon i just don't understand it.
QFTT.

Frizen

Noob
I wonder how many ppl wouldnt choose killing the hype and going full retard char to win 25k$. I would. And if you rly want to boo, NRS is the right direction. Its obvious that competetive players will do anything to win, so get over it.

mkkm

Noob
Simple, it wasnt hype, Ivy vs Flash would have been hype, Dragon wanted to go Aquaman when clearly the God Lord would have taken Ivy. This will be a day long remembered. We have a peoples champ. And a hype killing Champ. Bee knew his match ups and tried the mirror first but d1 into trident rush and a d2 thats the best in the game was too much. Love that he went out on flash. Grats to Dragon, but no one wanted to see aquaman in the gfinals, lets talk about growing nrs games in sports, kid still lives at home 10 bucks his mom still pays his cellphone bill. It wasnt about the money. It was about a show. And Bee brought that shit hard in top 8. Thats why people booed him. Drimk rant done lol

Okay, in this case let's start a petition banning BlackAdam, Deadshot and Aquaman in tournaments unless they're banned someone is going to use them. There is a kickboxing champ in the UK who lives with his mom that doesn't diminish his achievements.

Last edited:

SadoDragon

PSN: Darksadodragon

Dude 25k was on the line pretty sure for them its about the money.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Loses 2-0 to Hayatei while using Ivy. Makes 2-3 comeback after switching to Aquaman.

Yeah, totally nothing to do with the character. Not in the slightest. Probably Hayatei's fault, lacking that MU experience. I mean, only 1 or 2 people play Aquaman, after all.
Then how is that HB took Aqua at the start, lost 2-0 and then picked Flash against Dragon's Aqua, made 2-0 comeback and was that close to make it a full 3-0 comeback, if it wasn't the player? Here is the answer: IT WAS ABOUT THE PLAYERS!

I have no beef with Dragon he was just doing what he always does pick the strongesy character and play well.

My real beef is with NRS. I would really love to politely ask them in a video interview why:

1. The 10 best characters in Injustice 2 mirror the 10 best characters in Injustice 1 and what did they actually learn from that game?

2. Why are the most straightforward characters so often the strongest in their games (Alien, Tanya, Superman, Aquaman, etc.).

I understand playing to win and I understand that Dragon deserve to win. However, I'm sure we ALL understand that viewers who are literally standing right there watching will boo in protest.

We also have to understand that Dragon has played all the characters that have been booed in recent years.

This is mostly an issue with NRS.

All games have top tiers but other games have exciting top tiers. I would rather watch Doom in every Top 8 team (which did in the past) than watch 2 Aquamen in an EVO Top 8.
How the supposedly "best 10 characters" (considering the game is a lot more balanced then IJ1) mirror those of IJ1 if chars like Atro, Fate, Darkseid and Deadshot weren't in IJ1 at all yet they are in this game's "top 10 list"? Did you even checked the roster of IJ1

Also Alien and Tanya aren't straight forward at all in MKX, on the other hand Noxious Reptile, Ninjutsu Scorpion, Cryo Sub-Zero and Flame Fist Liu Kang are a lot more straightforward then either of them. And before you go on, being straightforward as a character and being viable as a character are 2 different things (not to say that these characters are bad at all of course). Get your facts straight/

And the viewers shouldn't concern the players who work extremely hard to win the tourney of the games they truly love. The viewers aren't their concern and they're not gonna pick a character just to please them. And trust me the top 8's of NRS games are much more enjoyable and more versatile then other games. For 9 years we saw MVC2 at EVO with only Magneto, Psylocke, Storm, Sentinel, Cable and Cyclops and that was a game of 3V3. MK9, IJ1, MKX and IJ2 are all 1V1 games (with MK9 having a 2V2 mode) and yet all these games got more versatile top 8's at EVO that MVC2 never got. If you think that this Top 8 was boring, you need to go see a doctor, and fast.

It's not Dragons fault that NRS create characters like this. If you want to boo, boo NRS
I wonder how many ppl wouldnt choose killing the hype and going full (soap bar in my mouth) char to win 25k$. I would. And if you rly want to boo, NRS is the right direction. Its obvious that competetive players will do anything to win, so get over it.
NRS aren't to blame either, every game has characters that are more viable then others at the start, and like I said, all of NRS' Top 8's were very diverse at every year at EVO. And a new patch is coming anyway.

Fixed, for the sake of diversity that this top 8 truly showcased.

Roy Arkon

Then how is that HB took Aqua at the start, lost 2-0 and then picked Flash against Dragon's Aqua, made 2-0 comeback and was that close to make it a full 3-0 comeback, if it wasn't the player? Here is the answer: IT WAS ABOUT THE PLAYERS!

How the supposedly "best 10 characters" (considering the game is a lot more balanced then IJ1) mirror those of IJ1 if chars like Atro, Fate, Darkseid and Deadshot weren't in IJ1 at all yet they are in this game's "top 10 list"? Did you even checked the roster of IJ1

Also Alien and Tanya aren't straight forward at all in MKX, on the other hand Noxious Reptile, Ninjutsu Scorpion, Cryo Sub-Zero and Flame Fist Liu Kang are a lot more straightforward then either of them. And before you go on, being straightforward as a character and being viable as a character are 2 different things (not to say that these characters are bad at all of course). Get your facts straight/

And the viewers shouldn't concern the players who work extremely hard to win the tourney of the games they truly love. The viewers aren't their concern and they're not gonna pick a character just to please them. And trust me the top 8's of NRS games are much more enjoyable and more versatile then other games. For 9 years we saw MVC2 at EVO with only Magneto, Psylocke, Storm, Sentinel, Cable and Cyclops and that was a game of 3V3. MK9, IJ1, MKX and IJ2 are all 1V1 games (with MK9 having a 2V2 mode) and yet all these games got more versatile top 8's at EVO that MVC2 never got. If you think that this Top 8 was boring, you need to go see a doctor, and fast.

NRS aren't to blame either, every game has characters that are more viable then others at the start, and like I said, all of NRS' Top 8's were very diverse at every year at EVO. And a new patch is coming anyway.

WTF it was about him playing the game and winning money for playing the game he loves, the show was the least important thing for him. Same for HB, he didn't picked Flash just for the show, but because he loves that character and he believed in his abilities to win with it despite choosing Aqua for 2 games. Maybe it was important for you, but if you were in their shoes, you would understand.

Agilaz

It has begun
I mean, HB relied on his main, Flash, for tha majority of the tournament. It's who he played in GF. On the other hand, Dragon was getting bodied by Hayatei's Robin, and only won because of his switch tk Aquaman.

You want to make this about players? Fine. Honeybee carried Flash to grand finals. Dragon got carried to grand finals by Aquaman.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
no spoilers in the title for the biggest event of the year, and oh look the world keeps spinning

Roy Arkon

I mean, HB relied on his main, Flash, for tha majority of the tournament. It's who he played in GF. On the other hand, Dragon was getting bodied by Hayatei's Robin, and only won because of his switch tk Aquaman.

You want to make this about players? Fine. Honeybee carried Flash to grand finals. Dragon got carried to grand finals by Aquaman.
You only focus on one match with Dragon, but who's to say that he didn't use Ivy in all of his matches before the one with Hayatei? Not to mention that it is just one player, while a lot of other players also took Aqua and lost. One Aqua player lost to Joker for example, and most of the Top 8 characters weren't of the 9 "most viable characters" which some of them were nowhere to be found (Deadshot anyone?).

It is about the players, period.

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING

I don't think I'be ever seen the characters in MVC2 booed ever. I don't think I've even seen or heard Vergil or MorriDoom booed in it's lifetime besides perhaps Vanilla Phoenix.

Tanya has been booed, Alien has been booed and Aquaman has been booed less than 24 hours ago.

Dragon doesn't owe anything to anyone and he can play who he likes. He deserved his win as well because he picks the best and plays his best. So I can't take anything away from him.

In terms of comparitive top tiers.

Aquamam, Batman, Superman, Black Adam at the very least have ALL been top tier in the previous game for a lot of the reasons that they are now.

Also, Magneto and Doom as a top tier in any game has and always will be more interesting than anything that NRS has to offer in terms of their character designs.

Also, please do not get personal with me. I do not need to see a doctor and I haven't listed or noted anything as a fact. One thing that is a fact is that the company that I do love has been booed more times in the last three years than others have in their entire career. That IS a fact.