What's new

Noble Dragon Wins Injustice 2 @ EVO 2017!

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Who cared if he got booed. Dragons been hated since he has entered the scene for no reason. Every time people doubts him he proves people wrong.
Hated for no reason? He got caught cheating in an online tournament match and had to make a public apology (in a thread that was closed directly afterwards, before the offended parties could either confirm or refute his claims). This is only exacerbated by the fact that he was kicked out of STB for "unknown reasons", and that STB has confirmed Dragon made them promise not to reveal those reasons.

Last edited:

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Well that was fairly boring other than Flash, why was this top 8 on Saturday? I've never seen a new NRS game not be played on Sunday

AfroBreezy

TYM's wanted hero
Hated for no reason? Didn't he get caught cheating in an online tournament match and have to make a public apology?

[Edit] Actually, I think his team had to make the apology for him.
Dragon has always been a sap. Thank you karaoke for proving these tym idiots.

Reactions: JTC

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Tekken and Soul Calibur says you're wrong.
I don't follow Tekken but Soul Calibur had definite tiers and most top players played top tier. SCV wasn't near as balanced as INJ 2 is right now lol.

Also there were 11 characters played in this top 8:
Flash
Robin
Atrocitus
Brainiac
Bladam
Red Hood
Ivy
Aquaman
Catwoman
Superman
Green Lantern

Your point about diversity is invalid. And Bladam, arguably the best character in the game, was barely played.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I don't follow Tekken but Soul Calibur had definite tiers and most top players played top tier. SCV wasn't near as balanced as INJ 2 is right now lol.

Flash
Robin
Atrocitus
Brainiac
Bladam
Red Hood
Ivy
Aquaman
Catwoman
Superman
Green Lantern

Your point about diversity is invalid. And Bladam, arguably the best character in the game, was barely played.
Yep. And when Bladam WAS played, he lost.

Flash is definitely hella underrated, but most of that was just Honeybee playing out of his mind. Flash is definitely top 15 though, no question.
If tiers are based on match ups then I doubt Flash is top 15. Honeybee claims he has 15 disadvantaged match ups. Don't get me wrong, Honeybee saying that Flash vs Superman was a 3-7 match up before he played Theo is definitely hyperbolic, but he does have more than ten disadvantaged match ups. Just because Honeybee outplayed other players today doesn't mean he wasn't having to win disadvantaged match ups.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
If tiers are based on match ups then I doubt Flash is top 15. Honeybee claims he has 15 disadvantaged match ups. Don't get me wrong, Honeybee saying that Flash vs Superman was a 3-7 match up before he played Theo is definitely hyperbolic, but he does have more than ten disadvantaged match ups. Just because Honeybee outplayed other players today doesn't mean he wasn't having to win disadvantaged match ups.
This is 100% true, but I also think that Honeybee, like all of us to some extent, has a tendency to downplay his own main.

Flash
Robin
Atrocitus
Brainiac
Bladam
Red Hood
Ivy
Aquaman
Catwoman
Superman
Green Lantern

Oh dear maybe I was wrong about the diversity but to be quite frank, diversity doesn't matter when there's only one core winner. That one winner was Aquaman and there were many Aquamans being played throughout the tournament, same with BA, Catwoman, Superman, Batman but it doesn't take away the fact of my original post: It doesn't matter WHAT characters are played in the name of "diversity", the winner is usually the deciding factor and main integer that is going to be used to determine the factors in this case, Aquaman won and there were PLENTY even before Dragon got to top 8.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Dragon apologized for that himself and that takes guts. He's moved past that. He earned this himself.
I'd say it takes guts to admit it and apologize for it before you're caught. Doing so afterwards is basically just trying to get out of trouble. He would have kept that win if no one had called him on it. That's next-level skeevy.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
I'd say it takes guts to admit it and apologize for it before you're caught. Doing so afterwards is basically just trying to get out of trouble. He would have kept that win if no one had called him on it. That's next-level skeevy.
You should've seen it when it happened. He gets more hate than he deserves for that one thing.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
In real life, there are consequences for your actions. You can try to cheat in a competitive game at your own risk, but when you get caught, you better be willing to face those consequences. If he didn't want to be boo'd at future events, he shouldn't have tried to cheat in a tournament.
Do you really think that's why he was booed tonight? That feels like a reach. I've never even heard about whatever it is you're talking about. He got booed because people hate Aquaman.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
In real life, there are consequences for your actions. You can try to cheat in a competitive game at your own risk, but when you get caught, you better be willing to face those consequences. If he didn't want to be boo'd at future events, he shouldn't have tried to cheat in a tournament.
It didn't save face. He got hated asf for it and he even made amends to the person he cheated against.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
It didn't save face. He got hated asf for it and he even made amends to the person he cheated against.
...after he got caught. "Oops, you got me. Please don't punish me. I'll make it up to you, now that you've caught me!" He's lucky he only gets boo'd. I think a ban from tournaments would be more fitting for people who get caught cheating in tournaments. It's not like that's something you can do by accident. That takes planning and intent. Fuck cheaters.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Kudos to Dragon for winning EVO. All of the people who are complaining about Aqua need to just stop right now, this was a hell of a diverse top 8, with Black Adam from Sonic Fox LOSING to HoneyBee's Flash. Also regarding HB, he was just a BEAST in this tourney, the way he played with Flash was out of this world, as if HB returned from a journey of training in several worlds in the Multiverse LOL. Sonic Fox finally loses, that was a huge shock to say the least, nothing against Sonic of course.

That was a great EVO Top 8, kudos to everyone.

Oh dear maybe I was wrong about the diversity but to be quite frank, diversity doesn't matter when there's only one core winner. That one winner was Aquaman and there were many Aquamans being played throughout the tournament, same with BA, Catwoman, Superman, Batman but it doesn't take away the fact of my original post: It doesn't matter WHAT characters are played in the name of "diversity", the winner is usually the deciding factor and main integer that is going to be used to determine the factors in this case, Aquaman won and there were PLENTY even before Dragon got to top 8.
So after you admit that you were wrong about the diversity, now you're saying it isn't matter at all? Then what about the diversity in the winners of every major thus far? Like others said, there were a different player with a different character winning each tourney up until right now, that one core winner of every tourney, and that core winners create yet ANOTHER type of diversity. So there's that.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
There was only one actual Aqua in top 8 and that was Dragon. Honeybee plays him as a secondary I guess but he did worse with Aqua than Flash.

Also as dumb as Aqua is, he's not even as good as Catwoman or Black Adam when considering matchups. He's just boring which people equate to being as broke as CW or BA. If the entire top 8 would have consisted of Aqua then you would have a point, but it didn't. Dragon won because he outplayed everyone, straight up.