What's new

General/Other No Changes Confirmed

ruff321

Noob
Fixing his MB Staff Spin whiff would be cool, but I'm totally fine with these "changes". I'm just happy that he's not nerfed in any way.

I agree to this 100% I thought people would actually be used to staff wings by now and as a nw player I would say people who thinks he's broken I think theres something broken in your head because his normals in staff are good but then not good flying g can easily be ducked and full combo punish people need to take the time and learn before saying he's "broken" here's a huge tip you can neutral jump against standing 1 to ground spark and avoid pressure and have your opponent waste a bar so look closer

I agree to this 100% I thought people would actually be used to staff wings by now and as a nw player I would say people who thinks he's broken I think theres something broken in your head because his normals in staff are good but then not good flying g can easily be ducked and full combo punish people need to take the time and learn before saying he's "broken" here's a huge tip you can neutral jump against standing 1 to ground spark and avoid pressure and have your opponent waste a bar so look closer

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
I think he's pretty balanced.

Keep in mind nerfs to the top will help him even further.

Or you could freak out and insult NRS staff.... I guess there's that....
From what Ed Boon said twice it sounds like they won't nerf anyone. Not much at least.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
i mained this nw for a month and he def needs some buffs imo.. as the game has progressed he has gradually gotten worse.. especially with the wakeup buffs.. he get destroyed in certain maps like no other character in the game and that alone puts him at a huge disadvantage

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
This is prolly me just bitching more than anything, but a hit of armor on flip kick MB wouldnt hurt. Unless its canceled from 33 it can be d1'd out by most the cast and that seems kind of unfair. Unfair in the sense that a d1 mashin scrub will be rewarded for mindlessly mashing, rather then attempting to block a proper mix up. I'm not mad NW isn't receiving any buffs. that means my time in the lab lately is not useless seeing as things will remain the same. A hit of armor on flip kick wouldnt hurt tho -_-, if that doesn't happen, ATLEAST make it so regular flip kick doesn't whiff on ANY crouching opponents.

I hate getting jabbed out of MB flip kick, but nothing pisses me off more then when my OVERHEAD whiffs on a CROUCHING opponent. That's just dumb -_-. Ok my rant is over.

AssassiN

Noob
This is prolly me just bitching more than anything, but a hit of armor on flip kick MB wouldnt hurt. Unless its canceled from 33 it can be d1'd out by most the cast and that seems kind of unfair. Unfair in the sense that a d1 mashin scrub will be rewarded for mindlessly mashing, rather then attempting to block a proper mix up. I'm not mad NW isn't receiving any buffs. that means my time in the lab lately is not useless seeing as things will remain the same. A hit of armor on flip kick wouldnt hurt tho -_-, if that doesn't happen, ATLEAST make it so regular flip kick doesn't whiff on ANY crouching opponents.

I hate getting jabbed out of MB flip kick, but nothing pisses me off more then when my OVERHEAD whiffs on a CROUCHING opponent. That's just dumb -_-. Ok my rant is over.

That is the whole point of Flipkick MB, the fact that if people know it's coming and they are not stuck in blockstun that it can be beat with D1 or D2. So that people with a good read can counter it, it's a move that cross-ups, is +1 on block and is a multi-hitting move. What other options does the opponent have?

As a Bane player who is seriously familiar with this match up, I think this is good. I always felt NW was in a good place. The only things i feel weird about him are that his wingdings don't count as projectiles and that staff spin is ungrabbable. Not sure why either is the way it is, but hey its just match up stuff.

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2

I sympathies with you guys but NRS are not to blame for your unsatisfactory Dicks, somethings you just have to live with :p

R melo

Noob
if NRS doesnt nerf the top the changes that they made to buff some characters would make a difference . for example if your a armor characters like bane ,doomsday grundy or even lex to some extent superman will beat the shit out of u. i dont like when players complaining about nightwing staff stance saying its op when he not even in the top 10 really kmt.

R melo

Noob
superman am not going to rant about him because alot people has , but let talk about the other top tiers killer frost the only gripe i have about her is that is the slide is going to be safe on block is i teck it i should sing a song and still be able to punish that shit but the only thing i can do is spend a bar of meter to b3 it. which the flying grayson can be ducked quite easily be ducked and punish really.green lantern the might should have less range that move is bad at a range you cant sneeze , caugh or take a piss with out getting lifted lol. how can u complain about nightwing when he has so much stuff that can easly be punished. how can the staff stance be op is at a range u cant do nothing other than flying grayson and get punished or do ground blast and watch them dash forward and punish u lol

R melo

Noob
i know enough about the char to see that hes stupid safe on a lot of things and that satff is BS for some chars
lol how can u say that about nightwing staff stance when he not even top ten lol. some char cant deal with deadstroke zonein cyborg zoning whats ur point

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
This won't bother me at all because I'm taking time off from this game for 3 months for a boxing tournament coming up.

The fixes I wanted to see was the effectiveness of NW in the air. Why can't Dick double jump like Batman? NW's real fight style is straight agility, speed and aerial attacks...I was disappointing that he had 2-3 reliable air attacks with his J1, J2 in Escrima being culo.

I was hoping they would've change U3/D3. That move is like 1000 frames. The U3/D3 should of been his D3 in Escrima at reasonable frames. It would of been nice if they gave some love to Scatterbombs...give it more range like Batman's upward batarangs.

Other than that he's fine. I'm just happy he's in the game because I'm a Nightwing fanatic.

As far as his staff being "OP", why do you want? NW to get around with his t-rex range normals that's not B2 in Escrima?

NW needs staff, for example JB2 in STAFF is huge for NW against airdashers like KF, Supes, WW, etc. Also Flash would body NW without staff.

Escrima stance is still really good, but I always have my primary stance determined on the match up I'm facing. The secondary stance probably gets 30% of action from cancels, etc.

Wasted

Noob
lol how can u say that about nightwing staff stance when he not even top ten lol. some char cant deal with deadstroke zonein cyborg zoning whats ur point

Since when did being 'top ten' become a requirement to have bullshit?

Some characters simply cannot handle staff.

R melo

Noob
Since when did being 'top ten' become a requirement to have bullshit?

Some characters simply cannot handle staff.
i think staff stance comes down to making a simple read and you can escape the pressure. i think its the player needs to learn the how staff works and its draw backs and you will see its nothing that threatening. staff stance is weak once u get to know how it works for example ground plast can be dashed out of and full combo punish , flying grayson can be ducked and punished and in staff all u need to do is duck and wait till u see the over head and ur out . because most of the top tier has the most bull shit. am not saying staff is not good but that whats gives him the edge sometimes

R melo

Noob
Pushblocking is a universal deterrent to staff.
thank u some people dont use it , once u push block for nightwing to get in again he need to come out of staff because if u flying grayson to get in you will be punished . and if some one has a air projectiles it hurts.

Wasted

Noob
Pushblocking is a universal deterrent to staff.
It's a universal deterrant to a lot of Escrima as well. Pushblock rapes Batman as well, does that stop him from being a good character?

Dick has genuine high/lows in staff, which is more than can be said for Escrima and it's shitty B2. Yes, I said it. All the resets you get off it and such are great, but Escrima has no useful lows. There is never an incentive to block low against Escrima NW, and pushblock answers most of his pressure aside from flipkicks.

Staff at least has multiple lows and multiple overheads, not to mention the range on the normals. Pushblock hurts Escrima more than it hurts staff.

Wasted

Noob
i think staff stance comes down to making a simple read and you can escape the pressure.
You THINK that, but it's not the reality. You can escape almost any offense with the right read.

i think its the player needs to learn the how staff works and its draw backs and you will see its nothing that threatening. staff stance is weak once u get to know how it works for example ground plast can be dashed out of and full combo punish , flying grayson can be ducked and punished and in staff all u need to do is duck and wait till u see the over head and ur out.
All ground pounds can be dashed. You can't full combo punish me if your dash doesn't bring you in range. There is a lot of offense in this game that can be dashed out of - it doesn't stop some of those things from being bullshit.

"Wait for the overhead" is pure theory, and is thus invalid. If if were that easy, people would NEVER get hit by any overhead, ever. Dick has actual high and low options in staff, and he can land actual damage no matter which way he goes. The opponent needs to fear both of them. You'll pretty much never react to 1F2 if you're expecting 1F1. It's just like Street Fighter - you condition someone to fear the lows, then clip them with an overhead. Even if 2 or 1F2 are blocked, it doesn't matter. They're safe.

There are slower overheads in this game, and other fighting games, that people still get hit by. Don't blame the tools because you can't use them.

Grayson is safe on block. You'll have to crouch it. If your opponent is expecting an overhead or jump in, they'll stand, which means they'll block Grayson. It has more benefits than drawbacks - make the right read.

because most of the top tier has the most bull shit. am not saying staff is not good but that whats gives him the edge sometimes
Staff is a character power. It is not a full character unto itself. Staff is not meant to be a replacement for Escrima. Dick sucks because his main stance, Escrima, sucks.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
It's a universal deterrant to a lot of Escrima as well. Pushblock rapes Batman as well, does that stop him from being a good character?

Dick has genuine high/lows in staff, which is more than can be said for Escrima and it's shitty B2. Yes, I said it. All the resets you get off it and such are great, but Escrima has no useful lows. There is never an incentive to block low against Escrima NW, and pushblock answers most of his pressure aside from flipkicks.

Staff at least has multiple lows and multiple overheads, not to mention the range on the normals. Pushblock hurts Escrima more than it hurts staff.

Staff has one useful low that the opponent has to respect. 1F1.

His overheads are all fuzziable in staff. Escrima gives him the ability to move which Staff sorely lacks...