What's new

General/Other No Changes Confirmed

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Fine with me.

The character takes work compared to 90% of the braindead shit that goes on in this game, but that doesn't make him bad. I was hoping for backdash/forwardash buffs, but I can live without them.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
i know enough about the char to see that hes stupid safe on a lot of things and that satff is BS for some chars
Stupid safe on what?

Everybody who knows nothing about NW always says that, because they have no idea about what the character is actually safe on. Also, staff is good against some characters, but people shouldn't be getting opened up by it. There is no reason to block high until you see his 20 frame over head come out, which he is negative after so you can swing. If he does 1f2 (his faster overhead) you get knocked down and you can roll away/wakeup through whatever else he does next. Staff is very easy to deal with, people just don't take the time to learn how.

same. sad how some dont think hes that good

Being a Nightwing main I will of course say I do not want nerfs. But yes people do downplay him, he is really good. BUT... People also over react to him and don't know what to do it goes both ways. Anyway... glad hes not getting nerfed.

nw shouldnt be able to steam roll some chars just by switching to staff stance. hes too overly safe on some things oh oops cough ADVANTAGE cough and blocking right means nothing vs him pretty much

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Stupid safe on what?

Everybody who knows nothing about NW always says that, because they have no idea about what the character is actually safe on. Also, staff is good against some characters, but people shouldn't be getting opened up by it. There is no reason to block high until you see his 20 frame over head come out, which he is negative after so you can swing. If he does 1f2 (his faster overhead) you get knocked down and you can roll away/wakeup through whatever else he does next. Staff is very easy to deal with, people just don't take the time to learn how.

This is all really good advice, especially for somebody like me who gets blown up by a lot of NW's... Thanks for the insight :)

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
nw shouldnt be able to steam roll some chars just by switching to staff stance. hes too overly safe on some things oh oops cough ADVANTAGE cough and blocking right means nothing vs him pretty much
Uh steam roll people in staff? NW has no way to move forward safely in staff without trying to jump in, which is easy to AA, or flying grayson, which is a free punish every time he does it.

Overly safe on what? Ground blast is plus? It's a good thing that you can interrupt staff normal into ground blast if you are close to NW. If he is at the proper range to actually not be interrupted, you can backdash out of his pressure free. Are you talking about mb staff spin? Because after his options for offense are actually incredibly limited unless you are cornered by staff, which still makes his options just alright. As long as you continue blocking low after mb staff spin, and react with d2 if he tries to jump, then NW has no way to continue pressure after. If you are cornered and block a mb staff spin, then the same thing that I mentioned before applies: block low until he goes for his 20 frame overhead.

Blocking means everything against staff NW, because once you block a handful of normals, every character can backdash his pressure for free, meaning that he has to risk something like a flying grayson to get back in. You are free to discuss NW as much as everybody else, but please try to do it while being educated on the characters actual options, as well as his opponents.