What's new

Nitara General Discussion

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Honestly, it sounds (and feels) like her overall design needs a second pass. Way too many restrictions in her gameplay, and adding dmg to compensate is questionable design imo.

When I saw blood sacrifice costing health, I actually loled thinking how Kenshi's Sento functions.
Yea she can def use some buffs. I get where NRS’s head was at when they were designing her but I think they got a bit to worried about the outcome, so they gave her low health. There’s a list of things I would change with her lol, especially starting with blood sacrifice. I’m fine with the ex version of it but I feel like the regular version of it is so useless

xKhaoTik

I’m starting to think her air dashes aren’t functioning properly

so if you do an air dash into a string that launches, and then do another air dash, it doesn’t cost any meter. So 2 meterless dashes

but if you launch them, and then do an air dash, then air dash again, it costs a bar. So 1 meterless and 1 with meter

if you do JP into air dash into JP, then launch, then do an air dash, it costs a bar. But this is the same scenario as the first example I gave, but with a JP before the air dash. Why does this cost meter and the first scenario doesn’t?

On top of the big that randomly takes a bar for doing a perfect air dash. Hopefully NRS smooths this out

josephf5

Noob
It’s really buggy. Same with her blood spit brutal
Playing around with it a bit more, I’m beginning to think it only works on the ground. Which is incredibly stupid, if that’s the case. She’s an aerial oriented character. 99% of the time you finish a match with Just a Taste, it’s going to be at the end of an air combo. So making the brutality only work on the ground is really dumb.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I’m starting to think her air dashes aren’t functioning properly

so if you do an air dash into a string that launches, and then do another air dash, it doesn’t cost any meter. So 2 meterless dashes

but if you launch them, and then do an air dash, then air dash again, it costs a bar. So 1 meterless and 1 with meter

if you do JP into air dash into JP, then launch, then do an air dash, it costs a bar. But this is the same scenario as the first example I gave, but with a JP before the air dash. Why does this cost meter and the first scenario doesn’t?

On top of the big that randomly takes a bar for doing a perfect air dash. Hopefully NRS smooths this out
It’s not bugged, but it is a bit stupid.

Essentially, you get one free air dash in a combo, and any subsequent ones cost a bar each.
If you air dash into j2, the j2 begins the combo (not the airdash), and so that first air dash doesn’t count. If you j2~air dash, j2, you’ve used an air dash in combo, and so any subsequent ones will cost a bar.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
@xKhaoTik @Pan1cMode after getting more exp is Nitara any good competitively?
She has to work much harder than everyone else.

I’ve also been playing Li Mei and Tanya, and Nitara definitely has to work more.

I think her best kameo at present is probably Kung Lao, and it does allow her to compete more in the neutral and gives her conversions of spit.

I don’t think she’s useless or completely unviable, but among the cast, she’s definitely sitting bottom 3.

When I picked up Li Mei and Tanya it was like taking off training wheels. Everything was so much easier. Not having a health deficit to start meant I wasn’t racing to approach. I found their tools much better overall.

If her air dashes from normals didn’t cost meter, she’d have really good pressure, and I could see her moving up significantly. At present she’s so resource hungry and her health deficit is really poor which sucks. Her damage is amazing though, I love that.

xKhaoTik

I have a Nitara review/wishlist and guide that I’m going to release soon. Just waiting to see if they talk about a balance patch soon since the season is over in less than 2 weeks

rifraf

Noob
I have a Nitara review/wishlist and guide that I’m going to release soon. Just waiting to see if they talk about a balance patch soon since the season is over in less than 2 weeks
I'm also curious to see your thoughts. ECT is happening right now as well.

I wonder what NRS' direction will be in terms of balancing this game. I truly hope they start with moderate buffs and little to no nerfs.

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
I've dabbled with Scorpion, Raiden, Kenshi, Kung Lao, Johnny Cage, and now Nitara. She is by far the hardest to open anyone up with. Once I started using the Kung Lao low hat combined with really focusing on using EX bf3 to whiff punish, it's been easier. It's still way harder. Pan1cMode's comment about about training wheels is real. I plan to play her a bunch to get better at the things I lack, then hopefully it transfers to whoever else I play.

xKhaoTik

Only costs 5 damage instead of 50 to activate blood sacrifice now. That’s a start in the right direction

I still think the regular version is useless but the ex version just got even better. She can stay alive longer with that change

edit: I take that back. Regular version isn’t useless anymore since it basically costs nothing to activate. Before, she sacrificed 5% and the health recovered from bite is only 4%, so there was no reason to use the regular version.

rifraf

Noob
Only costs 5 damage instead of 50 to activate blood sacrifice now. That’s a start in the right direction

I still think the regular version is useless but the ex version just got even better. She can stay alive longer with that change

edit: I take that back. Regular version isn’t useless anymore since it basically costs nothing to activate. Before, she sacrificed 5% and the health recovered from bite is only 4%, so there was no reason to use the regular version.
Blood sacrifice costing health was such an unfun restriction. Lowering it from 50hp to 5hp was a no brainer imo.

darklightjg1

Lost Street Fighter Player
IDK why they don't allow her jump-attacks after airdash cancels to be overhead no matter what. Especially when considering people have to block Johnny all day and his overheads are easily popups into more damage. I think either she should always have them be overhead (because I'm noticing even as mids they can be up-blocked or interrupted with armor moves), or the first airdash cancel in a combo/sequence ON HIT should always be no meter cost (and then any following airdash will cost).
I don't know how many directions Omni-Man will be able to do his, but please don't let him steal her thunder.

xKhaoTik

IDK why they don't allow her jump-attacks after airdash cancels to be overhead no matter what. Especially when considering people have to block Johnny all day and his overheads are easily popups into more damage. I think either she should always have them be overhead (because I'm noticing even as mids they can be up-blocked or interrupted with armor moves), or the first airdash cancel in a combo/sequence ON HIT should always be no meter cost (and then any following airdash will cost).
I don't know how many directions Omni-Man will be able to do his, but please don't let him steal her thunder.
Only the forward dash is a mid. Everything else is an overhead

darklightjg1

That's good to know, but off the forward airdash near the ground is part of what I mean though. In cases where she'd go for B+2 or standing 3, or F+4 cancelled into a forward airdash, I'd want the following midair move to be an overhead (No delay requirement either... and if she chooses to airdash straight down instead, then the defender would have to think about her going for a low/throw option in addition... they have to either block/tech correctly or use armor to counter it). She's burning a bar on block, so I'd like them to at least allow that. I may be spoiled from playing I-No in GG: Xrd (she can threaten to bless people's noggins up to like 5 times before she even touches the ground), but that idea/concept is part of what drew me to Nitara in this game.

Did you ever put out the wishlist/guide you were mentioning before, or are you still waiting to see what they decide to do first for the new season?

josephf5

Noob
The fact that Omni-Man’s “Coming Through” brutality works in the air makes it even more annoying that Nitara’s “Come Here Often” brutality doesn’t.

darklightjg1

Yeah I usually have to combo into the EX Quick taste in the air and then land and do the grounded one to get the brutal, but that is dependent on if I didn't already do EX QT too early in the combo (and having meter obviously).

What are everyone's thoughts now that we've had some time post patch?

This isn't patch related, and I haven't heard anyone else bring it up so it must just be me, but I feel like the window to cancel 12 into 1212 is shorter than most other characters. I don't have much trouble after a jump in (likely becuase of the extra hit), but I have a much harder time with a grounded 12. I feel like a couple extra frames would go a long way here in making it a little easier to react and be safe. Maybe I'm just getting old...

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
What are everyone's thoughts now that we've had some time post patch?

This isn't patch related, and I haven't heard anyone else bring it up so it must just be me, but I feel like the window to cancel 12 into 1212 is shorter than most other characters. I don't have much trouble after a jump in (likely becuase of the extra hit), but I have a much harder time with a grounded 12. I feel like a couple extra frames would go a long way here in making it a little easier to react and be safe. Maybe I'm just getting old...
u just gotta be ready to mash that second 12 out super quick