What's new

Nitara General Discussion

UghGetOuttaHere

Number Cruncher. Jack of All Trades.
I noticed two stealth changes (so far) to the harpy.

This change has been here a for a few patches but Ex Blood Sucking had its visuals updated making it more clear on what transaction is taking place. Also, the move now provides a full 10% heal to 10% damage ratio. Previously it was 9% heal / 10% damage

Fatal Blow got a bigger hitbox. It now connects off of B4 at range 0 (looks funky).

Buffed Spit & Ex Spit provide 3% DoT (up from 2.7%)

124 combo is pretty straight forward. 124 db2 exAirBite .....

Last edited:

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I noticed two stealth changes (so far) to the harpy.

This change has been here a for a few patches but Ex Blood Sucking had its visuals updated making it more clear on what transaction is taking place. Also, the move now provides a full 10% heal to 10% damage ratio. Previously it was 9% heal / 10% damage

Fatal Blow got a bigger hitbox. It now connects off of B4 at range 1 (looks funky).

124 combo is pretty straight forward. 124 db2 exAirBite .....
I saw your post in the other thread.. what's the sauce with Nitara/Shujinko?

UghGetOuttaHere

I saw your post in the other thread.. what's the sauce with Nitara/Shujinko?
Well I was gonna save it for the post but ill dish. He completely compliments the way I play Nitara, because I mainly play a Chip & Heal play style.
Synergy:
Nitara is one of the more meter hungry characters/Shujinko confirm launches for free.
Nitara would feel better if you could confirm off of F1 & B4/Shujinko allows her to do that.
Nitara gets an added mind game off of D4 because Konquest Kick jails.
Shujinkos safest place to charge is behind the opponent/Dash and UpFly make it very easy to get him there (you can also pull the camera up and sneak him in to charge)
Most of all, I feel like Nitara wants health which he provides

Im running them right now, if you want to watch or join.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Dive Kick has a launch and EX dive kick is gonna be safe on block? Sounds like mighty buffs for the vampire community

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I’m super curious if she’ll keep the damage she has now with all the buffs she’s got. I just don’t see that happening lol

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I’m super curious if she’ll keep the damage she has now with all the buffs she’s got. I just don’t see that happening lol
Honestly I think even if she did she’d be ok. Looks like they’re taking off the handcuffs - a lot of characters are gonna be much stronger.

UghGetOuttaHere

Do we know for sure that she gets a ground bounce on a standing opponent? I'm wondering if Tyler missed a key detail.

xKhaoTik

Do we know for sure that she gets a ground bounce on a standing opponent? I'm wondering if Tyler missed a key detail.
I don’t see why it wouldn’t. He went into detail about how to punished the ex dive kick now, so I think he would’ve mentioned how the regular one would if it had special requirements

The teaser seems like it functions like ex dive kick

I’m sure we’ll see tons of clips this weekend tho

UghGetOuttaHere

I don’t see why it wouldn’t. He went into detail about how to punished the ex dive kick now, so I think he would’ve mentioned how the regular one would if it had special requirements

The teaser seems like it functions like ex dive kick

I’m sure we’ll see tons of clips this weekend tho
Well he did fail to mention when discussing Shao that his armored reversal doesn't launch if you hit the armor. A key detail that drastically changes things

CanoCano

Noob
Y'all think that the reward off of EX Bloody Bolt is enough to warrant using it over Nitara's other combo extenders?

xKhaoTik

It honestly depends on how good it is now. I use ex blood sacrifice A LOT, and was never a fan of bloody bolt since it deactivates the buff

I’ll lab it a lot but it has to be pretty damn good for me to sacrifice my 10% siphon

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
I dont think there is a single reason yet to use the blood projectile, except as a last ditch effort to chip from fullscreen if you are out of kameo bar.

You can hit confirm combos into something else for probably easier conversions and more damage, you lose the active blood sacrifice buff AND it is still VERY slow startup. I'd rather have them make the projectile fast startup and safe (not plus) on block and not consume the buff OR make it fast startup, plus on block and consume the buff.

Normal divekick now launching is an ok buff, I guess, but its not like she lacked special moves for combo extensions/starters - the important bit is that the ex is now safe(ish, because you can upblock).

If this is all she gets, I'm predicting she will not shift tier placements at all, regardless of where you think she sits in the tier list.

UghGetOuttaHere

If this is all she gets, I'm predicting she will not shift tier placements at all, regardless of where you think she sits in the tier list.
I'm not one to gatekeep but it took a LONG time for me to figure her out. I'm glad they aren't going to give tier hr*s another character. We've earned the obscurity

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
I'm not one to gatekeep but it took a LONG time for me to figure her out. I'm glad they aren't going to give tier hr*s another character. We've earned the obscurity
To be absolutely honest, I'm pretty sure I'm only scoring most games with Nitara because people have no fucking idea what to do against her because nobody uses her. The second you go against really good players, she gets steamrolled into oblivion. That's my main gripe with her - I wish she got some genuine sauce instead of her biggest trick being the opponent's lack of MU knowledge lol. Reptile is in a very similar scenario: he is more solid than Nitara, but conversely, people have a bit more MU knowledge as well - however, as he is not as dependant on MU obscurity, you can actually beat really good players with him.

UghGetOuttaHere

To be absolutely honest, I'm pretty sure I'm only scoring most games with Nitara because people have no fucking idea what to do against her because nobody uses her. The second you go against really good players, she gets steamrolled into oblivion. That's my main gripe with her - I wish she got some genuine sauce instead of her biggest trick being the opponent's lack of MU knowledge lol. Reptile is in a very similar scenario: he is more solid than Nitara, but conversely, people have a bit more MU knowledge as well - however, as he is not as dependant on MU obscurity, you can actually beat really good players with him.
Well thats exactly what I'm saying. Nitara can beat really good players, but i think shes not fully realized. When I was still learning/ experimenting with her I go to do 15 or so matches against Koisys Sindel/Lao. I lost all the matches (except 1 where I was tanya), but I came eerily close many times. I'm much more closer to solving this character now. But I never watch tourney footage so I wonder she's doing in pro hands.

I really need to know if you regular dick kick is behaves like Ex divekick after patch... because it will wildly open up her bait/whiff & punishment

Since they are keeping her health at 900 then she shouldn't get a damage nerf. It's already painful to see her with her best kameo putting her at 850. I'm hoping she has other buffs that aren't already mention. Just adding new combo routes ain't going to cut it. With the new uppercut cancel combo being unbreakable the opponent now has another way to stop her in the air. So she needs more stuff.

xKhaoTik

It might be early but Ferra may seem like a great pick for Nitara. She can now hit confirm f1 with the Ferra stance options, and b4 hit confirm is now meterless. Also the options are safe on block

She can also safely set up pain and gain and also straight up armor thru most wakeups. Nitara already does great damage (especially now with the divekick changes) so this just takes it to absurd levels with safety. I did 71% meterlessly with just a simple combo

bite becomes INSANELY scary as a punisher now since she can combo from it meterlessly with Ferra’s NJP, and the damage is fantastic

and most importantly…150 health lol

Last edited:

UghGetOuttaHere

I am pretty sure this wasn't in her last round of stealth buffs, but Nitaras healing (on all moves) is now relative to how much total health she has. This also applies to her DoT on blood spit but is relative to the opponents health.

In other words: more HP = bigger results