What's new

Nitara General Discussion

ApexPredator1509

☕️ ☕️ ☕️
I don’t think it’s too early when more and more people are putting her at the bottom of the tier list.

Her issues need fixing from a design standpoint, and at the very least, removing the need for meter for her to flight cancel from her strings would vastly improve her kit and overall game flow.
It’s very early but yeah, starting her offense can be very meter-hungry. I end up not using a lot “the fun stuff” with her air-normals because it’s just too expensive for what it gets you.
you would not see all these smoke players dash-cancelling all the time if he had to burn a bar for it like Nitara.

if they decide to make b2,s3,f4 air-cancels meterless they might adjust the frame data a but. Downward cancels from those buttons are +5/+8 on block. While this would be very strong on paper, she doesn’t have scary mids

Last edited:

ApexPredator1509

☕️ ☕️ ☕️
Ehhh I think it’s too early to be asking for buffs.
I think it would be better if when in df4, she no longer required meter to air dash.

bf3 is useless in its current state so idgaf if I can use it or not haha.
That’s actually a great idea, you’d have to sacrifice some health but your offensive options get a lot better for a limited time

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Just in case I am old and dumb I will ask, is there any way to deal with zoners as Nitara?
If I dash, it maybe works the first few times before they learn and then its over.
Damaging myself for 50 for a bf3 is not viable.

If her bf3 didn't have the buff requirement I would feel like there's something at least, but right now I can't figure it out.
Depends on the zoner really. I don’t have much trouble with Ashrah or Shang, but I use Kameo Sub for people like Kitana and Sindel

I always use Ex blood sacrifice after a dive kick ender. Being +50 and right in front of them, while also draining their health is a pretty good thing. Most people try to wake up afterwards, which gets blocked of course, and we all know the damage she puts out, even without blood sacrifice active

xKhaoTik

I'm guessing because of how that low hat can be held?
That alongside with it being +2 on block. It helps her pressure game A LOT. The recovery on it is so damn quick

ending combos with dive kick and setting up the low hat sets up a very hard to block 50/50. Obviously armor would beat it but it’s still a nasty situation to be in if you don’t wake up/have meter to armor

xKhaoTik

Can we talk about BF3 for a second? I swear this is one of the worst moves in the game lol

Step 1: Sacrifice health
Step 2: Wait FIFTY THREE FRAMES for the move to start up

If done correctly, you do projectile that does 10% on hit and lose your blood sacrifice.

How does this make sense lol. I’m sorry but a move that requires you to lose health, takes almost a full second to activate and you lose your buff that you sacrificed health to use in the first place should be WAY more potent than what it is now

On a lighter note, you can combo from her spit on hit if you use Motaro’s teleport. So yes, she has an armored combo starter

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Can we talk about BF3 for a second? I swear this is one of the worst moves in the game lol

Step 1: Sacrifice health
Step 2: Wait FIFTY THREE FRAMES for the move to start up

If done correctly, you do projectile that does 10% on hit and lose your blood sacrifice.

How does this make sense lol. I’m sorry but a move that requires you to lose health, takes almost a full second to activate and you lose your buff that you sacrificed health to use in the first place should be WAY more potent than what it is now

On a lighter note, you can combo from her spit on hit if you use Motaro’s teleport. So yes, she has an armored combo starter
Her bf3 is useless; agreed.

It needs to be like twice as fast so you can combo into it; would at least justify its stupid cost.

As for bf1; would be great if it wasn’t just a high, and Motaro didn’t take away health. But definitely gonna explore this.

Shawi

Noob
Has anyone completed Kombo 6 in Training for Nitara?? I’ve been at it for the last 3 hours! I’ve completed every single other combo for all other characters. Anyone have any tips?

I can’t hit any of the air cancel kicks (j4 d-stance 4) after doing the f4 bf2ex. I can hit it on a grounded opponent every time.

EDIT: after 4 hours non stop, I did it. Turns out that you need to delay every so slightly after Megan touches the floor after the bf2ex, and then another very slight delay after the first j2. The rest needs to be executed as quick as possible.

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

If you’re fighting against Sareena, and she does her boomerang upclose, you can block/duck the first 2, and full combo punish

So you’ll block/duck the first 2 hits, and right when they’re about to return, you can do S4 spit. You’ll get hit, but you’ll be left at enough advantage to link anything after, continuing the combo.

The damage you get is nuts. I’m easily doing over 40% without a bar or Kameo. You can only imagine how much you get spending meter

Ngl lol , I think this character just might be cooked. From how the game is built arround up block and the fact that she doesn't have a low makes her entire character pretty funky to play without specific cameos

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
This Nitara player ended a combo in a fatal blow on me and I was like damn this is gonna do 500 easy and it was barely 350 lmao

xKhaoTik

I haven’t gave up on her yet!

I was labbing her projectile to see if there’s ANYWAY to make it useful. Nope

I did find out that if you air dash Down or FD after using it, you’re super plus on block. Down is +18 and FD is +10

Those are some nice frames we can take advantage of…

…if someone actually decides to wait a whole second to block this lmao

I really wanted to like this character but she's such a struggle to make work. The damage is great but actually getting it, even with Lao Kameo, just doesn't feel worth it.

andyee

Noob
can i get some advice on how to consistently land j242 after the air dash in this sequence?
some flubs in here since it's unedited. i get it occasionally and do get it at the end of this video but i feel like i still don't quite understand how to do it properly

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
can i get some advice on how to consistently land j242 after the air dash in this sequence?
some flubs in here since it's unedited. i get it occasionally and do get it at the end of this video but i feel like i still don't quite understand how to do it properly
Input the 124 at the height of her initial jump and wait for the air-dash to complete before mashing out 242.

andyee

Noob
Input the 124 at the height of her initial jump and wait for the air-dash to complete before mashing out 242.
i started to get the hang of it better by going 2-brief pause-42 after the air dash. i'm not sure if that really helped but i'll keep what you said in mind for next time.
being unable to buffer normals makes things a bit tricky sometimes. i've also noticed you can't buffer a direction for the air dash very early, so even if you've already dialed in the air string, you have to wait until a bit before the final hit before you can hold a direction and cancel into air dash

josephf5

Noob
I can’t get Nitara’s Come Here Often Brutality to work for anything. It says the final hit must come from Quick Taste and you must push any attack button rapidly during the final hit. I’ve tried all 4 buttons and none of them work. Does anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong?

josephf5

Noob
I can’t get Nitara’s Come Here Often Brutality to work for anything. It says the final hit must come from Quick Taste and you must push any attack button rapidly during the final hit. I’ve tried all 4 buttons and none of them work. Does anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong?
I managed to pull it off finally, but I still have no idea what I did differently that I didn’t do all the other times I tried to do it.

rifraf

Noob
Hi everyone, I'm trying to learn Nitara since I find her moves super fun but there are some things I don't understand about her design.

Why is she 900hp?
Blood sacrifice costing health?
Dash moves costing meter?

Is fun strictly prohibitive with this character or what? Please help me see what am I missing.

xKhaoTik

Hi everyone, I'm trying to learn Nitara since I find her moves super fun but there are some things I don't understand about her design.

Why is she 900hp?
Blood sacrifice costing health?
Dash moves costing meter?

Is fun strictly prohibitive with this character or what? Please help me see what am I missing.
I’m assuming NRS was worried that a character with some of the highest damage output in the game, alongside the best mobility in the game and ways to heal herself would be a bit crazy, so they gave her the lowest base health. On paper that makes sense, but in actual gameplay it doesn’t, especially since we got characters like Cage and Kenshi running around with more health than her

I’m completely fine with blood sacrifice costing health since it buffs her damage and gives her a couple ways to heal herself. I feel like the ex version is the most used version tho. I never use the regular one

I’m also ok with dashing costing meter. Being able to dash all over the place for free would be kinda wild lol. It would be air gas Kabal 2.0. The first dash is free and the others after that should cost meter, but I feel like they should all be free when blood sacrifice is active

rifraf

Noob
I’m assuming NRS was worried that a character with some of the highest damage output in the game, alongside the best mobility in the game and ways to heal herself would be a bit crazy, so they gave her the lowest base health. On paper that makes sense, but in actual gameplay it doesn’t, especially since we got characters like Cage and Kenshi running around with more health than her

I’m completely fine with blood sacrifice costing health since it buffs her damage and gives her a couple ways to heal herself. I feel like the ex version is the most used version tho. I never use the regular one

I’m also ok with dashing costing meter. Being able to dash all over the place for free would be kinda wild lol. It would be air gas Kabal 2.0. The first dash is free and the others after that should cost meter, but I feel like they should all be free when blood sacrifice is active
Honestly, it sounds (and feels) like her overall design needs a second pass. Way too many restrictions in her gameplay, and adding dmg to compensate is questionable design imo.

When I saw blood sacrifice costing health, I actually loled thinking how Kenshi's Sento functions.