What's new

NIOH Official Discussion Thread (PS4)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
NIOH came out today for the PS4 (exclusive). NIOH is a samurai/ninja Action RPG. If I could compare it to something, it's like if Bloodborne and Devil May Cry had a baby, with its own very unique flavor.

The game is extremely fluid. It runs at 60fps, and is quite possibly the least clunkiest game I've played of its kind. Everything is very responsive and smooth. You have almost complete control of your character.

So far the difficulty is about 7/10, but that is coming from a Souls veteran who is good at these types of games. And I expect the difficulty to drop drastically as I get more practice and experience, just like any hard or souls game.

I haven't gotten to play it too much, so far though it's very fun and addicting.

Anyone else playing this game or interested in it?

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I'm debating if I should buy this, or For Honor.
And I just bought some Conan the barbarian game.

Steven_a

Light Bringer
Been playing it quite a bit. The difficulty has dropped down significantly compared to the alpha. Running a spirit build atm and it's kicking ass so far.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I'm debating if I should buy this, or For Honor.
And I just bought some Conan the barbarian game.
Sucks that you have to pick. I think For Honor will be played longer, aka have a longer life span than NIOH. For what it's worth.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So when I first started, the voice overs were in english. After I stopped to watch a movie and came back, the voice overs were in Japanese. What is this about?

@Rickyraws @Steven_a

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
Having a lot of fun with it. been wanting a good samurai game. you just can't overextend your offense in this game. also I enjoy finding kodamas.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Having a lot of fun with it. been wanting a good samurai game. you just can't overextend your offense in this game. also I enjoy finding kodamas.
A good tactic is the running R1, into immediate dash back. Works really well against the revenants and multiple enemies. Also you can easily kite enemies in this game, and they lose stamina quick while chasing you.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Considering of buying it. I'll buy it a bit later, because they might give it a GOTY edition or the collector's edition. Right now I bought Horizon Zero Dawn collector's edition.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Considering of buying it. I'll buy it a bit later, because they might give it a GOTY edition or the collector's edition. Right now I bought Horizon Zero Dawn collector's edition.
Can't wait for Horizon man

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
ye, most likely getting this game, looks sick with dem onimusha vibe
It's extremely fun. And I unique experience. The atmosphere is amazing too.

The only cons I've seen/experienced is lack of enemy AND level diversity, and not the best of the best graphics.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I think the sword/kitanas are easily the best weapon type in the game. I wanted to do a great axe build, but it doesn't seem that great since speed and quickness are needed in this game.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
I was in two minds about picking this up but after seeing a lot more gameplay of the finished game I went ahead with it. Looks very Onimusha like but with more options and speed.

Tanno

Now that's an interesting opinion you guys say. Onimusha? I liked the Onimusha series (except of the fighting one). Will probably buy it later for the reason I stated earlier.

Steven_a

Light Bringer
So it intentionally goes from eng to jap? Ok, just making sure.
Yeah what Rickyraws said. Once you're out of london, just about every character you meet will speak japanese but sometimes they'll say something in english here and there. William and the antagonist are probably the only ones who primarily speak english that I've seen so far.

Tanno

Yeah what Rickyraws said. Once you're out of london, just about every character you meet will speak japanese but sometimes they'll say something in english here and there. William and the antagonist are probably the only ones who primarily speak english that I've seen so far.
Put the fucking spoiler to this name, because, like me, most of the peeps here haven't played this game at all. Now I have the feeling that this blondie ala Keanu Reeves swordsman is William.

(Why did I refer Reeves? If you have watched his movie about the 40 Samurais, then you know)

D. R.

Noob
I played it since it was in Alpha back when weapons would "break" frequently and you had to repair them. Lol The game is incredibly easy compared to what it was before. Still prefer Bloodborne as the all time action-rpg but this game is amazing in its own right.

Steven_a

Light Bringer
Put the fucking spoiler to this name, because, like me, most of the peeps here haven't played this game at all. Now I have the feeling that this blondie ala Keanu Reeves swordsman is William.

(Why did I refer Reeves? If you have watched his movie about the 40 Samurais, then you know)
wat.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I'm surprised this game didn't get as much marketing as it should have. Most people don't even kneo what it is or that it even exists. For a game that has technically been in devopment for 10 years (yes I know Ninja only worked on it for 4 years), I'm just surprised that it isn't more popular than it is.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Does anybody remember old school Ninja Gaiden? The first and second ones were like my most favourite games ever!! After that they got shit.
Got pretty difficult too.
Anyways back to the topic, this game looks dope!
I love DmC but haven't yet played bloodbourne; so should I buy this or bloodborne if I want DmC/Ninja Gaiden gameplay?