What's new

NIOH Official Discussion Thread (PS4)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Does anybody remember old school Ninja Gaiden? The first and second ones were like my most favourite games ever!! After that they got shit.
Got pretty difficult too.
Anyways back to the topic, this game looks dope!
I love DmC but haven't yet played bloodbourne; so should I buy this or bloodborne if I want DmC/Ninja Gaiden gameplay?
Ninja Gaiden + DmC you definitely want NIOH. But Bloodborne is amazing and is only $15-$20 now.

iAmOME

Worst NRS player
Does anybody remember old school Ninja Gaiden? The first and second ones were like my most favourite games ever!! After that they got shit.
I love DmC but haven't yet played bloodbourne; so should I buy this or bloodborne if I want DmC/Ninja Gaiden gameplay?
If you can, get both

D. R.

Noob
If you do get Bloodborne and enjoy it you MUST get The Old Hunters DLC.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
After completing the first main quest, and a side quest or two, while experiementing with weapons and armor and messing around with the various systems and mechanics, I started to think of something pretty significant.

If Keanu Reeves, who stars in the upcoming John Wick Chapter 2, plays Nioh while in Neo Tokyo after having professed his love for Adolf Hitler....

We essentially will see Neo-Neo playing Nioh in Neo.

Neo Neo Neo Neo Neo Neo Neo Neo Batmaaan!

I just wanna know, can you re-visit older areas once you beat bosses and stuff?
Where do I sell my weapons & armor I don't use anymore and how can other players summon me to their world, so I can help them - does this happen randomly?

Been playing Nioh now since 3+ hours and made it to the first boss, gonna fight vs him tomorrow though because now it's too late and I need some sleep lol.
This game is so good!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Where do I sell my weapons & armor I don't use anymore and how can other players summon me to their world, so I can help them - does this happen randomly?

Been playing Nioh now since 3+ hours and made it to the first boss, gonna fight vs him tomorrow though because now it's too late and I need some sleep lol.
This game is so good!
There's a blacksmith you can sell weapons to for gold. You can also "make offerings" with weapons and armor you don't use at the shrine for Amrita (souls).

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I think spears will be very good in PvP. But for PvE I think the Swords/Katana's are the best.

This game is great. Like I figured though, the enemy diversity is lacking.

Steven_a

Light Bringer

This game is so good!
You can revisit older areas. You can sell your stuff through the shrine for amrita, or at the blacksmith for cash. I suggest you don't sell the higher rarity items so you can either break them down for their materials or soul forge them if needed.

To be summoned you have to first beat the level. Then it becomes random unless you do that password thing with another player you want to play with

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
I only had enough money for one game so i pre-ordered horizon zero dawn instead, I feel that i'll soon to regret that choice.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
I have yet to play a game that compares to the Ninja Gaiden games as far as gameplay goes. And since Team Ninja desecrated that series with Ninja Gaiden 3 I didn't have much faith in this one. How does this compare to Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2?

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
I have yet to play a game that compares to the Ninja Gaiden games as far as gameplay goes. And since Team Ninja desecrated that series with Ninja Gaiden 3 I didn't have much faith in this one. How does this compare to Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2?
It doesn't really play anything like NG/Black or NG2. However I have put countless hours into those games over the years and I'm really enjoying Nioh.

There's definitely the polish of NG in there and the movement and controls feel just as responsive but if you're hoping it will actually play like NG then that's not the case.

D. R.

Noob
I just got to the DLC in my first play through. I just got a PS4 in December that's why I haven't beaten it yet. Bloodborne is amazing and so far more fun and challenging than Dark Souls 3
Exactly. Imo Bloodborne trumps everything Dark Souls is. It has better weapons, better bosses, better combat, better overall ambience, replay-ability through the chalice dungeons and the list goes on. As for the DLC, if you haven't already, have fun with Laurence the First Vicar and the Orphan of Kos. First playthroughs against them for me were a ragefest, moreso the former.

Steven_a

Light Bringer
Exactly. Imo Bloodborne trumps everything Dark Souls is. It has better weapons, better bosses, better combat, better overall ambience, replay-ability through the chalice dungeons and the list goes on. As for the DLC, if you haven't already, have fun with Laurence the First Vicar and the Orphan of Kos. First playthroughs against them for me were a ragefest, moreso the former.
I made the mistake of playing the DLC on NG+2. I was able to defeat most of the dlc bosses first try cuz arcane build with tonitrus + attack up blood gems bodies bosses. But fucking laurence man. No matter how much fire resistance I had, he'd kill me in 1-2 hits. I died like 50+ times to him. Fuck laurence.

Steven_a

Light Bringer
For those who don't know, amrita spirit stones will replenish some of your Spirit meter. I suggest putting some on a shortcut in case you're in a pinch and need to summon your spirit. Or just about to fight a boss.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
The Samurai ability of being able to do KI pulse while moving, aka dashing is very good. You can get the ability on all stances with the Katana/Swords.

Running R1 into backdash KI Pulse is a super easy and effective strategy.

beat the first boss today after 8 tries. it took me 8 health potions, 4 bombs and 3 amrita attacks
at the end I had no health potions & only 1% health left, but the boss needed only 1 more hit - it was so clutch but I beat him XD
ye I know my dodging skillz kinda **** lol
I am getting better though, now I am in the second area.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"

Nioh is it's own demon. It's veeeeery fun and addicting and brings a different kinda difficulty. If I had to compare it, it plays like a DMC Onimusha and Souls hybrid. I think you'd enjoy it if u liked the older Ninja Gaiden titles.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Literally the only negative is lack of enemy/mob diversity. Other than that, if you like action RPG's similar to Ninja Gaiden, DmC and Soulsborne series, this is a must buy.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
It is reminiscent but may feel completely to slightly different than what you expect. You're pretty much going to have to try it out to get a feel for it, or will be able to get a gauge for how similar it is to the aforementioned if you've played something like Bloodborne. It's similar but also different still to that game too, so it's difficult to explain. It's got a lot of influences but is pretty unique. It's its own beast. The fact that you came from a Ninja Gaiden history may be a plus. Try it. I'm sure even a Shirai Ryu dog like yourself can find it as awesome as we do.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Really loving this game. The whole weapon/armor forging, soul matching, and refashioning aspect of the blacksmith is very cool. Refashioning is amazing for someone like me who hates wearing ugly armor just because it's good.

Is there a way to return to the world map once you started a mission?
Also, how do some players have 7 start elixirs at the second vampire boss when they respawn from the shrine?