What's new

NIOH Official Discussion Thread (PS4)

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
This game is really starting to hook me now. Got a good feel for the combat and although the I do wish it was a little faster it's very satisfying.

Is anyone else using a Kusarigama? I've not seen much talk about them but I'm finding it extremely effective.

Steven_a

Light Bringer
Is there a way to return to the world map once you started a mission?
Also, how do some players have 7 start elixirs at the second vampire boss when they respawn from the shrine?
To return to the world map, you'll need either need to use a Himorogi branch or Himorogi fragment (fragment will make you lose all your amrita). I believe every 5 kodama you find will increase your elixir cap by 1. Also there's a skill in the ninja tree that increases your elixir cap by 1 as well.

To return to the world map, you'll need either need to use a Himorogi branch or Himorogi fragment (fragment will make you lose all your amrita). I believe every 5 kodama you find will increase your elixir cap by 1. Also there's a skill in the ninja tree that increases your elixir cap by 1 as well.

thanks for the info, ye Im gonna spend all my amrita on lvling up everytime before using such an item then.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Is there a way to return to the world map once you started a mission?
Also, how do some players have 7 start elixirs at the second vampire boss when they respawn from the shrine?
If you make offerings at the shrine, sometimes you get bonuses like +1 elixers.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I've killed all bosses so far on my first try, except for the lightning sub boss. I actually had to summon someone for it, lol.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
My bad. I should have been more clearer. The big lightning lion thing is named Nue.
Yeah, Nue has been the only boss that I couldn't beat. I could have easily kept practicing but it was getting tedious so I figured I'd try out the co op/summoning aspect. Oddly the summons stay if you beat the sub boss, so I just sent him away after he helped me.

Nue is very similar to Paarl in Bloodborne. They look the same, both have lightning attacks, both can lose their lightning, etc. There's a lot of similarities from the Soulsborne series actually.

D. R.

Noob
Yeah, Nue has been the only boss that I couldn't beat. I could have easily kept practicing but it was getting tedious so I figured I'd try out the co op/summoning aspect. Oddly the summons stay if you beat the sub boss, so I just sent him away after he helped me.

Nue is very similar to Paarl in Bloodborne. They look the same, both have lightning attacks, both can lose their lightning, etc. There's a lot of similarities from the Soulsborne series actually.
Stay at Nue's side. He has only one radial attack that he telegraphes the fuck out of. Easiest way to beat him is to approach him from the front. When he goes to do his lunging 2 hit claw attack, side step and mash on his side. His crit spot is his stomach. Sometimes after he does the 2 claw attack he'll immediately stand up for a sec then roll forward towards the direction he's facing. If he does this while you're at his side, HIT HIS STOMACH to deplete all his stamina or at least take a chunk of it. Enemy's with no stamina take hit stun from every hit. Easy fight.

D. R.

Noob
Not sure what type of attack series you all use but I've found what's essentially a touch of death series (combo basically) with the katana for most enemies in the game that can be parried:

Haze 2, Iai 1, Final Blow

So yeah basically Haze (Square button parry) then immediately KI charge cancel into Iai (R1 + Circle). You'll have your back turned to the enemy after the parry but Iai tracks 180. Then finally, do the Final Blow (ground stab). The damage output is insane.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
If you get any gear with Luck or Equipment drop rate keep it. Even if it's low level. In NG+ it's very farmy and you'll need those stats. And you can just soul match to level them up.

Steven_a

Light Bringer
The amount you need to spend on soul matching gets pretty crazy. Trying to get my lvl 68 helmet to lvl 92 costs me about 32 million and i only have 300K lol

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
The amount you need to spend on soul matching gets pretty crazy. Trying to get my lvl 68 helmet to lvl 92 costs me about 32 million and i only have 300K lol
Yeah both Gold and Amrita for leveling costs go way up around 45+ for gear and your level. I think soul matching costs should be reduced or at least have perks that lower it like you have for "sell prices increased", etc.

Steven_a

Light Bringer
Yeah both Gold and Amrita for leveling costs go way up around 45+ for gear and your level. I think soul matching costs should be reduced or at least have perks that lower it like you have for "sell prices increased", etc.
You'll unlock soul matching discounts later in the game through a sub mission iirc. But still it's not enough to reduce the insane cost.

My lvl 65ish armor has been carrying so far just because of the spirit scaling but now it's becoming to the point where the lvl 90 stuff is either equal or a better than my armor in terms of defense. And I can't get any armor that is blue/purple rarity to drop that has Spirit scaling. Feelsbadman

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
You'll unlock soul matching discounts later in the game through a sub mission iirc. But still it's not enough to reduce the insane cost.

My lvl 65ish armor has been carrying so far just because of the spirit scaling but now it's becoming to the point where the lvl 90 stuff is either equal or a better than my armor in terms of defense. And I can't get any armor that is blue/purple rarity to drop that has Spirit scaling. Feelsbadman
I need to re roll my stats. I got some random stats for armor I dont even use anymore.

Apparently when you re roll you just get the amrita back and your character resets. So you can essentially de level which is amazing especially depending on how the PvP is and if it's level based.

Steven_a

Light Bringer
I need to re roll my stats. I got some random stats for armor I dont even use anymore.

Apparently when you re roll you just get the amrita back and your character resets. So you can essentially de level which is amazing especially depending on how the PvP is and if it's level based.
Yeah when you reset your character, you get all the amrita you spent on leveling and all of your skill, ninja, and onmyu points which is really nice

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yeah when you reset your character, you get all the amrita you spent on leveling and all of your skill, ninja, and onmyu points which is really nice
Yeah that's a really nice feature honestly.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
Finished* NIOH. polished game IMO w/ extras.

The boss fights gets easy as you move forward. what I mean by easy is don't die a million times, sleeping on it before figuring it out. most moveset changes get me when the fight allows(baits) you to be a bit more aggressive. going to say it's great design with the progression of the hero and enemy difficulty that I didn't stick to the same toolset. it's really nice even with no elixirs left with below half of life left you can finish a boss with half a life bar. have to be super patient and careful though.

Had a couple of heavy and medium armor sets mid-end game, but spend too much on Heart stat that could've been better spent on stamina to look cooler and still be lighter(medium). wish there was an option to wear a helmet but not display on character.

lost huge amrita saved up 3 times even when being extra careful to get them back after death, feels as worse as losing them in DS early - mid game.

would have savored the game more, like maybe get it to 200 ish hours but I had the ps4 on lease. definitely recommend this game to DS fans. Love it.

P.S. my DS is darksouls not demon souls.

D. R.

Noob
Finished* NIOH. polished game IMO w/ extras.

The boss fights gets easy as you move forward. what I mean by easy is don't die a million times, sleeping on it before figuring it out. most moveset changes get me when the fight allows(baits) you to be a bit more aggressive. going to say it's great design with the progression of the hero and enemy difficulty that I didn't stick to the same toolset. it's really nice even with no elixirs left with below half of life left you can finish a boss with half a life bar. have to be super patient and careful though.

Had a couple of heavy and medium armor sets mid-end game, but spend too much on Heart stat that could've been better spent on stamina to look cooler and still be lighter(medium). wish there was an option to wear a helmet but not display on character.

lost huge amrita saved up 3 times even when being extra careful to get them back after death, feels as worse as losing them in DS early - mid game.

would have savored the game more, like maybe get it to 200 ish hours but I had the ps4 on lease. definitely recommend this game to DS fans. Love it.

P.S. my DS is darksouls not demon souls.
There is. Go into the settings and you'll find it. You can also pick an option to display numbers with your life and ki gauges here as well.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
There is. Go into the settings and you'll find it. You can also pick an option to display numbers with your life and ki gauges here as well.
man. would've been better to have hero cutscenes and dialogs with no helmet. will pass information to brother. Thanks!