What's new

Ninja Team Tourney

I would play in this, but lately I have just been getting so annoyed with everything fast..players, connections, blah blah blah...Sounds like fun though, im gonna be out of all this stuff for a while..especially when some of these new games like bioshock 2 comes out!

D

david_GEM

looks like sub is in the minority.

@aria, your reptile would be appreciated. :)

You guys don't have to stick with the ninja until the tourney OR if you switch them for a second time. We're almost there guys!

D

david_GEM

^^well yeah dude join no matter what. If thirty-two is possible that's even better.

@dci, i'll do the vid revealing the teams, u do one revealing the matchups. Good to have u in btw.

There are two ways the individual matchups will be can happen.
1. After the teams are revealed, they choose who goes first in their matches.
or
2. Alphabetically, the person with the earliest letter in their psn will go first against the other alphabetically first person.

Also, I'm gonna make it 7 fights per individual matchup. Teams much choose their tie breaker person ahead of time: doing that along with figuring out who goes first.

I'm gonna update the first page with this information soon. Just want people to know what's going on NOW.

@k75boi and john, out of curiousity, I'm asking you guys to pick a ninja now. You can change it only ONCE before teams are revealed. - (as oppose to simply before tourney- which is what I said before).

D

david_GEM

AriaDelano said:
I would play in this, but lately I have just been getting so annoyed with everything fast..players, connections, blah blah blah...Sounds like fun though...
play on mame if you have to guys. u and cuko would be great additions.... maybe a great team. Realtalk would be awesome too.

K75Boi

Noob
david_GEM said:
^^well yeah dude join no matter what. If thirty-two is possible that's even better.

@k75boi and john, out of curiousity, I'm asking you guys to pick a ninja now. You can change it only ONCE before teams are revealed. - (as oppose to simply before tourney- which is what I said before).

I'll go with Sub.

D

david_GEM

The only way we can get started is if two more people sign up,. btw. R1RYDA is in with reptile.

btbb99

Noob
dookie told me he will be posting today!! now we need just 1 more fucking person, hopefully st-bioz joins, i just sent him a message on psn asking him to enter, hopefully he says yes!!!!

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Only one more spot left! Someone fill it.

David, I was wondering about the way the tourney will be done.

You have it setup now as:
Team 1 - Player A vs Team 2 - Player A -- First to 4, play all 7
Team 1 - Player B vs Team 2 - Player B -- First to 4, play all 7

Then add up the wins/losses and tally it up to find the winner.

We should be doing it like this:
Team 1 - Player A vs Team 2 - Player A -- First to 4, play all 7
Team 1 - Player A vs Team 2 - Player B -- First to 4, play all 7
then
Team 1 - Player B vs Team 2 - Player A -- First to 4, play all 7
Team 1 - Player B vs Team 2 - Player B -- First to 4, play all 7

Then tally up the wins/losses to find the winning team. Just a thought.

I like this idea too, it's closer to a normal team tournament:
Team 1 - Player A vs Team 2 - Player A -- First to 4; whoever loses is out of that round.
If Team 1A won, then...
Team 1 - Player B vs Team 2 - Player B -- First to 4; whoever loses is out of that round.
If Team 2B win, then only Team 1A and Team 2B is left so they play to determine who wins that round.

The winning team gets one point and you switch up the order and do it again, first team to 2 points.

You would switch it up by making Team 1 - Player A play against Team 2 - Player B...also this is a first to 4 and you don't play all 7 matches because there is no adding up scores. Whoever gets to 4 wins that set.

Did I confuse anyone? lol

btbb99

Noob
very good ideas konqrr, i like both of them but if i had to choose out of the 2 i would say i like your second idea a little bit better!!!