What's new

Ninja Team Tourney

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I like that way too, because everyone gets to play both team members. It's all about playing more right? Makes it more fun too.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Per David's request, I will be making both videos... One for the teams and one for the matchups. I'll film soon and post this evening.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Team 1: k75boi + DaveOelectro
Team 2: vulcanraven45 + david_GEM
Team 3: esBeezy + kensidj
Team 4: R1RYDA714 + DCIguy01
Team 5: Konqrr + DookieBrain
Team 6: John2kx + fusion117
Team 7: xMichalex + ectonaut
Team 8: btbb99 + TRUE_FRZNSLDR

Matchups are as follows:

1 vs 2, 3 vs 4, 5 vs 6, 7 vs 8

This is going to be VERY interesting! Let's do this dookie!

-------------------------------------------------------------
Some things to ask...is this going to be on PSN or P2P? Can we choose to play on P2P if both parties have that option? I know for a fact that John2kx and I play MKII underwater on PSN, but I don't know if he can even play in MAME.

Also, how exactly is this going to run dave?

Konqrr said:
Team 1: k75boi + DaveOelectro
Team 2: vulcanraven45 + david_GEM
Team 3: esBeezy + kensidj
Team 4: R1RYDA714 + DCIguy01
Team 5: Konqrr + DookieBrain
Team 6: John2kx + fusion117
Team 7: xMichalex + ectonaut
Team 8: btbb99 + TRUE_FRZNSLDR

Matchups are as follows:

1 vs 2, 3 vs 4, 5 vs 6, 7 vs 8

This is going to be VERY interesting! Let's do this dookie!

-------------------------------------------------------------
Some things to ask...is this going to be on PSN or P2P? Can we choose to play on P2P if both parties have that option? I know for a fact that John2kx and I play MKII underwater on PSN, but I don't know if he can even play in MAME.

Also, how exactly is this going to run dave?
im with you teammate:)

Raven

Noob
WOW I'm sorry, this team is kind of a best and the worst type deal. Ill do my best and hopefully pull a win or 2 maybe Dave0 will throw a bad day and itll be an even match if he hasent been practicing too much were usually close. That being said I am STOKED! To have a triple tourney winner on my side. maybe I can finally make it to round 2. Of coarse sub vs. rep that sounds like it could go in my favor.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Just got some good practice in with Reptile. I think I'm as ready as I am going to get.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
esBeezy (stBioz) and I lag pretty bad. This is going to be LOADS of fun...

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Let's do it this way...

Team 1 - Player A vs Team 2 - Player A -- First to 4; whoever loses is out of that round.
If Team 1A won, then...
Team 1 - Player B vs Team 2 - Player B -- First to 4; whoever loses is out of that round.
If Team 2B win, then only Team 1A and Team 2B is left so they play to determine who wins that round.

The winning team gets one point and you switch up the order and do it again, first team to 2 points.

You would switch it up by making Team 1 - Player A play against Team 2 - Player B...also this is a first to 4 and you don't play all 7 matches because there is no adding up scores. Whoever gets to 4 wins that set.

Deadline for games? Just get them done ASAP. This is an 8 team tourney so it shouldn't be hard to communicate times.

D

david_GEM

Wait!!! I wasn't on all day yesterday. I do not... I repeat... I do not want it to be first to 4!!!!

D

david_GEM

Okay I'm here, Whatever you do guys, do not stop fighting after four. If both players lag and happen to have p2p or just regular mame, then they can play on that. If that's not the case, then both players will have to tough it out unless it's COMPLETELY unplayable. We need reserves in case that happens, sadly we don't have any.

I like- player 1 vs team 2
then player 2 vs team2. idk if I paraphrased it right lol.
The lower numbered team being team 1 in that situation.

ex: Team 3 vs team 7
both players on team 3 plays team 7 as a whole, each.

Plus the match ups in that order (konqrr's order) maybe cool.
But dciguy was suppose to do a vid. Personally I'm fine with what konqrr did because in a way dci's video resulted in the match ups, killing two birds with one stone.

I would appreciate if guys would address esbreezy by his actual psn.

Last thing we need is a date.
I suggested two individual match ups to conserve time at the prospect of this happening in one day.
But with the change of plans, this should probably take two weeks. And with the lack of reserves, we don't have much breathing room with dq's.

D

david_GEM

Last thing I need.

As clearly as possible, write down the days over the next two weeks that you have available to play. Include whether day or night and time zone you live in.

"david_GEM est.

Tuesday- 9pm to mid
Wednesday- 5pm to mid.
Thursday- 9pm to mid.
Friday- 5pm to mid

Saturday and Sunday Barring Mom bugs me or schoolwork."

I know it's gonna be hard to keep up with 16 different schedules, but just let me worry about it. AND, I may even allow practice amongst teamates. I want you guys to get familiar with each other. Send messages, talk in chatrooms. Meet up at the psn home too. As of right now, it's too late to change ninjas because we know the first round.

D

david_GEM

Sorry for posting fo a fourth straight time. But when you write you availability. You can limit to the day(s) that you know FOR SURE that you can most likely play. When everyone's done, I'll make a schedule to suggest dates to play. Since everyone in one team is playing everyone in the other, it's going to be a challenge getting four guys on the same page for every team match up. But listing your days will truly make thing more doable. I'd like to start by this saturday. GOOD LUCK DUDES

@vulcanraven- practice dude!!! Team david_RAVEN ftw!

esBeezy

Noob
this is kind of confusing.

i'm just going to send you an invite DCI and we'll see how that goes.

my schedule: * = free

Sunday (1/07) ------ * Sunday (1/14) ------ 1-5p E

Tuesday (1/09) ----- 7-10p E Tuesday (1/16) ----- 7-9p E

Thursday (1/11) ---- * 7p E Thursday (1/18) ---- * 5p E

Friday (1/12) -------- * Friday (1/19) --------- *

Saturday (1/13) ---- * 6p E Saturday (1/20) ----- *

D

david_GEM

ok.... kaz and frznsldr are playing today. If anything start as soon as you can. I would still appreciate putting your schedule or at least letting me know that you and your teammate have an understanding. Go ahead and start this shit.

DCI, is there any problem making the bracket even though guys are already starting?

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
david_GEM said:
ok.... kaz and frznsldr are playing today. If anything start as soon as you can. I would still appreciate putting your schedule or at least letting me know that you and your teammate have an understanding. Go ahead and start this shit.

DCI, is there any problem making the bracket even though guys are already starting?
http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=349595