What's new

Nightwolf General Discussion Thread

The only hot take I have after five minutes is that getting the command grab in the F2,1,2,1 string feels fucking strange. My Hitbox sounds like I am typing a paragraph.
You can cancel out of that string? I tried a bunch in the lab but wasn’t having luck and figured it wasn’t possible.

Referring to your previous post are you saying you can cancel out into the command grab? I realized I was mashing a bit on the string so I got the cancel down but I’m whiffing on the grab.
When I had the opponent set to block, it would snag them on the third blocked hit of the string. I could have something wrong, but I am pretty sure it works

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
When I had the opponent set to block, it would snag them on the third blocked hit of the string. I could have something wrong, but I am pretty sure it works
It's iffy but u can check to see if the tick throw actually works by setting AI to hold stance that's how I was able to see if it worked

It's iffy but u can check to see if the tick throw actually works by setting AI to hold stance that's how I was able to see if it worked
Ah, okay. I suck at labbing shit. Sorry if anything I said was completely wrong. Thanks for the heads up on the correct setting for testing tick throws.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Ancestral Gift observations:

F2121 - This string cancels into command grab on block after the third hit. Given enough experience, people will see this coming. You'll have to guess if the command grab is coming, the last 1 (which is a mid) or a special.

D3 on hit jails S3, which is plus on block, and 31 on block is -3. He'll be able stagger with 31 and people will stand because they dont want to eat the overhead 312 which KBs. So you'll be able to make people stand block and then low poke into command grab. If they read command grab, you may be able to land the 2 and KB them. Be careful though because 31 are both high attacks. So in this pokey game, this may turn out to be nothing. At least you cant duck the 1...S3 jails into it on block.

His reflect is ok. It's pretty quick and easy to reflect and teleport into throw/command grab shenanigans. The problem is what it cant reflect. Shit like Scorpions Spear, Geras' sand trap, Sonya drone drops, and more...it also cant deal with multiple projectiles from amped moves like Kang's fireballs or Frost's stars...but if youre far enough away and have meter, you can teleport after reflecting the first one on reaction for good damage.

I still havent figured out the flow of this character yet. Interesting though.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
D3 on hit jails S3, which is plus on block, and 31 on block is -3. He'll be able stagger with 31 and people will stand because they dont want to eat the overhead 312 which KBs. So you'll be able to make people stand block and then low poke into command grab. If they read command grab, you may be able to land the 2 and KB them. Be careful though because 31 are both high attacks. So in this pokey game, this may turn out to be nothing. At least you cant duck the 1...S3 jails into it on block.
Correct me if I'm wrong isn't 31 a double high u can duck the 1 in 31 and hit NW out of it before he can kb?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Ok this is ridiculous! Nightwolf still isn't available 8 hours after its released for everyone else?
Anyone on XB got NW yet?
Dude, I’m fully confident he won’t be released tonight. NRS probably gave it a passing mention to WB, who passed it along to Microsoft. And Microsoft said “hmph, NRS (or WB for that matter), doesn’t seem too concerned about it, we will probably get around to it within the next week or 2”.

Is it just me or am I the ONLY ONE to NOT get Nigtwolf since he's been "live" on xbox? I have YET to download him despite he's been live and it's getting on my nerves. What's the point of having "early access" when you can't even access the person you bought and paid for?

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
Is it just me or am I the ONLY ONE to NOT get Nigtwolf since he's been "live" on xbox? I have YET to download him despite he's been live and it's getting on my nerves. What's the point of having "early access" when you can't even access the person you bought and paid for?
Its like they deleted our install i keep trying to install it and it deletes itself, we paid to play early thats no bueno

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Correct me if I'm wrong isn't 31 a double high u can duck the 1 in 31 and hit NW out of it before he can kb?
You can duck it, but not duck block it. The S3 doesnt seem to be low profilable, and if the S3 is blocked, the following 1 jails. What that means is if they're conditioned to neutral duck, you can use one of your many mids, or overhead. Currently, I think it'd be very stupid to neutral duck Nightwolf.

PreNerf_

No labels
No, your not the only one. It's nine 9pm where I'm at and still no nightwolf. It's getting rediculous at this point. If they don't have him out by midnight, people everywhere are going to wanth their money back. Early Access on the thirteenth for prepaid customers means early access
Yes if a string isn't jailed,....

Moonfall is an interesting move.
You throw the axe at the ground at a chosen distance, but does not have a hitbox. Simply pressing u+2 together (the command list is wrong) calls it back to you and hits the opponent on the way back.

This causes a pop up that can be used for small meterless juggles, and can get Nightwolf respectable damage this way at mid screen. The setup is risky because you lose f1 and b1 while the axe is on the ground (which is lame since he can duplicate the damn things).

I feel like with proper setup this could be a really dirty reset tool as well. Much more testing to be done with it.

Simple midscreen combo with Moonfall (axe is already deployed):​
starter~u2, 22~bf4 (or 22 1+3)​
starter~u2, 31~bf4
starter~u2, 111~bf1
starter~u2, 111~df2 (sets up axe again with advantage)​
etc​

So overall I think there's a lot of potential in this thing. Ending a juggle like 111~df2 sets up the axe and leaves you in a strong position for oki. This move conflicts with the uppercut axe, so they clearly mean for this to be a weird meterless extension in place of it.
I know we're all hard for ranked variations but I encourage others to experiment with this ability.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Moonfall is an interesting move.
You throw the axe at the ground at a chosen distance, but does not have a hitbox. Simply pressing u+2 together (the command list is wrong) calls it back to you and hits the opponent on the way back.

This causes a pop up that can be used for small meterless juggles, and can get Nightwolf respectable damage this way at mid screen. The setup is risky because you lose f1 and b1 while the axe is on the ground (which is lame since he can duplicate the damn things).

I feel like with proper setup this could be a really dirty reset tool as well. Much more testing to be done with it.

Simple midscreen combo with Moonfall (axe is already deployed):​
starter~u2, 22~bf4 (or 22 1+3)​
starter~u2, 31~bf4​
starter~u2, 111~bf1​
starter~u2, 111~df2 (sets up axe again with advantage)​
etc​

So overall I think there's a lot of potential in this thing. Ending a juggle like 111~df2 sets up the axe and leaves you in a strong position for oki. This move conflicts with the uppercut axe, so they clearly mean for this to be a weird meterless extension in place of it.
I know we're all hard for ranked variations but I encourage others to experiment with this ability.
So, kinda similar to Ronin Takeda?

PreNerf_

No labels
Its like they deleted our install i keep trying to install it and it deletes itself, we paid to play early thats no bueno
Yea it's like netherrealm and wb almost doesn't care. We here at tym should go hit up everyone on Twitter, (Ed boon, Derick kurtzic, Tyler landsdown, Stephanie (16 bit) .... And tell them we want partial refunds if it's not here by midnight. We payed for early Access and in order for them to actually get Microsoft to care is to involve money. I don't know if you all have ever tried, but Microsoft has the worst customer service in the world.

PreNerf_

No labels
All of us on Xbox need to start asking for partial refunds. We payed for early Access on the thirteenth there is literally one and a half hours left before it's the fourteenth. We need to hit up Twitter pages, ( Derick kurtzic, Ed boon, Stephanie, Tyler landsdown and Microsoft Xbox live).