What's new

Match-up Discussion Nightwing Matchup Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noob
You can also throw lots of b3s on reaction. I do it a lot, but not all of them can be throw. Some of them, like Batman b3, are throw invulnerable. So if you know which f3/b3s can be thrown then you can react with it whenever you see them start up. It's probably not something you will hit much online, but it's always an option.

Also, if you are ever in staff and have them cornered, empty jump throw is the best thing ever.
ahhh DAMN i messup i meant GLs B1 the little low step thingy... let me correct that

EDIT: Fixed to now say B1

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Very surprised I've never posted in here... hai guise.

Apart from just sitting there and blocking, what are you supposed to do against Batman's J2? Can't AA it with Nightwing (especially online), for some reason this thing still gives me a bit of trouble.

macro

Eezeepeezee

Apart from just sitting there and blocking, what are you supposed to do against Batman's J2? Can't AA it with Nightwing (especially online), for some reason this thing still gives me a bit of trouble.
The best thing to do is JB2 or FG in staff but if your in Escrima D2 or if he is not to close to you do JB WDs.

Noob

Against batman you just really gotta know how he plays... i used to get my ass handed to me by Batman all day untill i started playing Batman.. after that i really started to understand what ppl go for with certain setups, now i rarely get opened up by Batmans mix ups... the only mix up that still gets me open but to no fault of mine is the dash in trait bats in front J2 crossup.. unfortunally online there isnt anything i can do about that... most batmans feel forced to just zone me out since they cant open me up and certainly they cannot be very close to me cause ill eventually open them up... my advise really is to learn batman and try to see what ppl are trying to go for when they do certain things

macro

Eezeepeezee

I like to zone batman out and slowly push him to the corner and if he does get in you can poke him with d1 and when it hits you go into GP MB xx to get him out again or into a corner.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
The best way to deal with Batman's j2 is jump back 2 in staff, or jump back 3 in escrima. If you know it's coming, like after a b3, then just dash under him and b2. A lot of this matchup can be dealt with by understanding his high low, and dealing with his j2. No Batman should be able to jump all over you and apply pressure for free unless he is using a lot of meter and has great bat management.

Noob
The best way to deal with Batman's j2 is jump back 2 in staff, or jump back 3 in escrima. If you know it's coming, like after a b3, then just dash under him and b2. A lot of this matchup can be dealt with by understanding his high low, and dealing with his j2. No Batman should be able to jump all over you and apply pressure for free unless he is using a lot of meter and has great bat management.
Very cool indeed, usually the good batmans i find willl realize very fast that they cant run circles on me so they just try to out zone me most of the time... i had some Sets with UsedForGlue over at the european server.. and yeah after a bit he did opt for the zonning on me, specially since im kinda nuts at going in ( nuts in a cleaver way but still nuts LOL )

anyway Sajam i just finished watchin your matchs with NCNightwing, pretty cool stuff and very helpfull, but have you haver pondered the situation where you and him know a B2 is coming so you pretty much do 1 of 2 options , Flip Kick, or spark cancel back... what would you think instead of doing one of those 2 options just Spark Cancel dash foward into a F213 or Grab? i mean for what i can observe atleast from NCNightwing, once you establesh the fear of a possible Flipkick i dont think anyone will try to contest anything after the B2 so i pressume they will just sit there waiting to block something... i tried this a couple of times with a couple of randoms online and it worked great cause at times they tried to punish my dash cancel and got a flip kick MB into a 40% other times i got a mix up or grab in... its still somewhat risky but after observing your oponnent one should be good enouth to be able to predict the situation... let me know what you think

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
The problem with b2 spark is that they can react and interrupt it, especially if you try and dash forward. The startup on ground spark is too high for stuff like that to work. It might work if your opponent is absolutely frightened, but even then the gap between spark dash cancel and f213 is massive enough that most people will swing out.

Noob
The problem with b2 spark is that they can react and interrupt it, especially if you try and dash forward. The startup on ground spark is too high for stuff like that to work. It might work if your opponent is absolutely frightened, but even then the gap between spark dash cancel and f213 is massive enough that most people will swing out.
yeah i know... but sometimes to mix it up its kinda fun XD i usually spark backdash or flipkick.. tho flipkick lately i dunno why is not crossing up on regular characters.. need to see wth is wrong here

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
Hey guys, I know this is the improper thread for this but all NWs add me. NW community is on a big time morale rush right now and Im not gonna miss out lol

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson

JB2 with staff and a quick FJ3 in Escrima Stance beats BA J2 (depends on the range, I like to start up the match with a quick FJ3 just to let Batman know I don't let him dominate the air in the match up.)

But yea, I normally tend to go to JB3 in staff if I read him coming with J2. If he comes in with Bats, it's a little hard and I try to D1 after blocking the J2. Just to stay safe from the low starter and beat his overhead starter, it's risky tho.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
You guys probably went over it already but I'm too lazy to find where you guys talked about gl matchup.
To me I think gl wins it 6-4.
Its possibly 5-5 tho imo
thoughts?

You guys probably went over it already but I'm too lazy to find where you guys talked about gl matchup.
Its possibly 5-5 tho imo
thoughts?

NW can spark air rockets: when GL launches the rocket in the air, NW can spark on reaction and it hits. This only works at a distance where the air rocket whiffs. Once NW and GL know this, GL has to move in so an air rocket will hit and is then within double dash distance of an air jump rocket on read.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Its possibly 5-5 tho imo
thoughts?
I did a write up on the GL matchup on the page before this.

The long and the short of it is: You outozone him from full screen, so NW wants to stay there. Ground sparks will shut down all of his zoning. When he starts walking forward and going for air rocket, NW can cancel ground spark and dash forward under them for a full punish. Everywhere besides full screen though, GL has the advantage on NW, so the matchup is about being at the right distance from GL at all times.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
NW can spark air rockets: when GL launches the rocket in the air, NW can spark on reaction and it hits. This only works at a distance where the air rocket whiffs. Once NW and GL know this, GL has to move in so an air rocket will hit and is then within double dash distance of an air jump rocket on read.
true can NW can make this very competitive that its 5-5.
Gl doesn't destroy NW but I just feel its barely 6-4 gl.
It doesn't feel like a very even mu tho when played at highest lvl.
Idk I haven't played a good wing in a while.

true can NW can make this very competitive that its 5-5.
Gl doesn't destroy NW but I just feel its barely 6-4 gl.
It doesn't feel like a very even mu tho when played at highest lvl.
Idk I haven't played a good wing in a while.

After NW b2, he cannot do anything. GL has the option to pressure or back away. However, if GL decides to b12 he must be aware that NW can interrupt it for full combo 113~fury combo for around 39%. NW must be jedi to make that read because if GL b13 then he is launched by GL.

It's a MU where I see NW winninng full screen, GL mid screen and up close it becomes 5-5 turn based and very read dependent.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Yeah, I think the matchup is a winnable 6-4. GL has to chase him down, but lots of GL's normal tools still give NW problems. B13 absolutely destorys him in footsie range, and NW's normals are too slow to really contest what he does unless he's in staff. GL has answers for NW's zoning once he gets outside of full screen, and wing dings can get punished by lift for free unless the spacing on his MB is perfect. It's also really hard for NW to come back if GL builds up a decent lead in this MU.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
After NW b2, he cannot do anything. GL has the option to pressure or back away. However, if GL decides to b12 he must be aware that NW can interrupt it for full combo 113~fury combo for around 39%. NW must be jedi to make that read because if GL b13 then he is launched by GL.

It's a MU where I see NW winninng full screen, GL mid screen and up close it becomes 5-5 turn based and very read dependent.
Going for 113 isn't worth it unless the GL is consistently going for b12. He should take the free pressure after instead of risking getting hit. Because his d1 is slow, getting out of this situation is way riskier than it's worth. I would probably never try to interrupt b12, I'd just take the block and pressure every time.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
i'm still stuck on 5-5 or 6-4. any of you NW players going to tfc?
Any of you guys on psn so we can get some games in?

Status
Not open for further replies.