What's new

Match-up Discussion Nightwing Match-Up Discussion (1.06 and on)

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I think its nice to note that after double punch, if bane attempts to command grab, double punch again and SOMETIMES venom uppercut, 113 in escrima will eat the armor. Even if I block mb venom uppercut, 113 will beat out most options afterwards. The bane forums has this MU as a "probably disadvantage" to NW. So idk. I play high level banes to practice this MU. One being Grrr, another being Rev x Smith.

GGA Max

Maxintensity25 nice feedback. I'll edit your post to make it easier to read your responses and junk but yeah you seem to have a grasp on the NW MU but WingDings on block aren't safe at all it might be weird to punish for some characters but at the very least you can gain momentum. but then thats when MB wingdings comes in but you can armor through it if you have the resources which is why NW shouldn't really try to be as aggressive on a Venom Bane.
Thanks for that lol.

That's great info, man. If bane has a solid answer for wingdings, this match could easily be even or slightly in banes favor.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Thanks for that lol.

That's great info, man. If bane has a solid answer for wingdings, this match could easily be even or slightly in banes favor.
Yeah, mb wing dings are easy to beat with armor. You can charge through it from a distance, or venom uppercut a bit closer.

Bane's dash is also good at getting under wing dings, which is why I don't think wing dings are as important in this matchup as some people think. NW can, however, use his normals better against Bane then people give him credit for, so I guess that's why everybody thinks about this MU the same.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.

Wingdings stop wreckless Bane charges. That doesn't make them OP - it just means you have to get in honestly. Bane has a good enough dash to pressure him down. If Nightwing is just jumping back and throwing wingdings - he's only putting himself in the corner. Let me assure you - dashing up and blocking wingdings is a far better option for you than lvl3 venom charging them.

I've seen Bane's armored f2 beat staff spin on wakeup. Consider your options in training mode.

I love to see Hruza do well, but when I see him trying to beat lvl3 venom with escrima ground spark or wingdings - I can't watch that match footage and think it is in any way true to the overall meta of the MU. Both of you are playing your characters in that video - neither of you are playing the MU, so the footage is irrelevant as far as this discussion is concerned.

I have more to say on this MU but I'm supposed to be studying for my midterm tomorrow. If you have XBL add GT: NorCal Nightwing and we can explore this MU a bit further. Michaelangelo was considering Bane as a main when Injustice launched so I got some early experience in this MU, I haven't practiced much against post 1.06 Bane.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Wingdings stop wreckless Bane charges. That doesn't make them OP - it just means you have to get in honestly. Bane has a good enough dash to pressure him down. If Nightwing is just jumping back and throwing wingdings - he's only putting himself in the corner. Let me assure you - dashing up and blocking wingdings is a far better option for you than lvl3 venom charging them.

I've seen Bane's armored f2 beat staff spin on wakeup. Consider your options in training mode.

I have more to say on this MU but I'm supposed to be studying for my midterm tomorrow. If you have XBL add GT: NorCal Nightwing and we can explore this MU a bit further. Michaelangelo was considering Bane as a main when Injustice launched so I got some early experience in this MU, I haven't practiced much against post 1.06 Bane.
Bane can stop staff spin using anything from standing 1 to f.1 depending on the knockdown.
113xxcharge lets him stuff the wake-ups with another 113 charge.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Also for MU sake, I played against a Bane player the other day and uploaded some sets. It was online, so the connection wasn't as flawless as Sonicboom Brad's hair, but it was good enough.

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
yea NW beats aqua at zone and up close it gets nasty since his wake ups arnt the best against nightwing.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Aquaman does alright in the zoning as long as he understands how to punish the next pound on start up with a dash.

Up close, things aren't the greatest since staff's normals are good, but Aquaman's are as well. Plus, we don't have the same disgusting jump arc as he does. The good part about this matchup is that his trait is useless in a lot of situations. He is also one of the few characters that can easily anti air staff with his d2, since some characters struggle with that.

Another thing, don't fight Aquaman on a wall bounce stage if you can. That helps him way more than it helps you.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Aquaman does alright in the zoning as long as he understands how to punish the next pound on start up with a dash.

Up close, things aren't the greatest since staff's normals are good, but Aquaman's are as well. Plus, we don't have the same disgusting jump arc as he does. The good part about this matchup is that his trait is useless in a lot of situations. He is also one of the few characters that can easily anti air staff with his d2, since some characters struggle with that.

Another thing, don't fight Aquaman on a wall bounce stage if you can. That helps him way more than it helps you.
I was playing theo like a week or two ago and he back dashed so many ground sparks it was cray

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Orly? I thought wall bounce helped extend damage if he decides to fish lube...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
But Aquaman has build your own combos that he can insert a wall bounce into any part of his combo.

NW is getting it off of like b2 in this matchup, or he's traiting out.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Aquaman with a wall bounce, interactable and a fucked up oki game can make you lose your health bar in the blink of an eye.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Aquaman with a wall bounce, interactable and a fucked up oki game can make you lose your health bar in the blink of an eye.
Yeah, the only character that I think uses wall bounces as well as Aqua is Grundy.

Both of them love standing in the center of the screen and playing footsies with strings into bounces.

gpmoney

so my fellow dicks, How dose one go about defeating green Arrow? @XxMellowxX I keep losing to ryujin with NW

XxM3LLOxX

CORN WulfGangM3LLO
gpmoney is he beating u that bad?
i personally think this match up is based off momentum and correcting your space against GA. RyuJin honestly the only decent GA I've played, so i dont know how different it could be playing a more seasoned GA. Just go and watch my casuals i had with him at gohans 2-3 weeks ago or watch the videos Kevin put up. Funny thing is i can tell u how to beat Ryujin more than beating GA lol from persoanlly experience i prefer to stay in escrima most of the time, u want that mobility and those frame traps to keep ryujin where u want him to be(specifically D1...F2,1,3). I only really bring out Big Dick Grayson when he is in the corner, making reads on his jumps, or out poking his favorite string.(i think the input is F2,D1,3). He will ALWAYS throw that out, so walk back sometimes when u know its coming or when he didnt space it right. Most the time i usually D2 in staff when he jumps with 3, he up backs ALOT to get some space from u so if u can make a good read throw flying Dick at him. He hates Wing Dings, he will throw some wild D2's if he is hoping hit something or pressed a button, thats the perfect chance for a B2(he doesn't blocks those alot either lol if he starts to block it....B2, Flipkick or B2, 4, Ground blast) i have alot i can tell u, We'll talk later about this, i jus made a huge post. Sorry Guys Lol :confused:

gpmoney

gpmoney is he beating u that bad?
i personally think this match up is based off momentum and correcting your space against GW. RyuJin honestly the only decent GW I've played, so i dont know how different it could be playing a more seasoned GW. Just go and watch my casuals i had with him at gohans 2-3 weeks ago or watch the videos Kevin put up. Funny thing is i can tell u how to beat Ryujin more than beating GW lol from persoanlly experience i prefer to stay in escrima most of the time, u want that mobility and those frame traps to keep ryujin where u want him to be(specifically D1...F2,1,3). I only really bring out Big Dick Grayson when he is in the corner, making reads on his jumps, or out poking his favorite string.(i think the input is F2,D1,3). He will ALWAYS throw that out, so walk back sometimes when u know its coming or when he didnt space it right. Most the time i usually D2 in staff when he jumps with 3, he up backs ALOT to get some space from u so if u can make a good read throw flying Dick at him. He hates Wing Dings, he will throw some wild D2's if he is hoping hit something or pressed a button, thats the perfect chance for a B2(he doesn't blocks those alot either lol if he starts to block it....B2, Flipkick or B2, 4, Ground blast) i have alot i can tell u, We'll talk later about this, i jus made a huge post. Sorry Guys Lol :confused:
when I played him with NW he just shot arrows the whole match, I could beat him with batgirl but couldnt het near him with NW.

XxM3LLOxX

CORN WulfGangM3LLO
gpmoney jus dash and block. when your within B2 range, hes gonna either dash towards you, Do the F2 string, or Up back. He cant help but move at this range cuz he knows what can happen here. If he jus has regular arrows, you're fine. 1% wont kill you. When he has Fire Arrows he will rarely challenge, only when he has a Ice arrow or regular arrows. Last thing he WILL try and challenge D1 in staff, so think about that lol yet again jus watch the casuals i had with him at Kevin house. i wasn't doing half stuff i should've been but u at least understand how I can beat RyuJin and see how u can take what i did into your mindset against him

gpmoney

XxM3LLOxX ill watch and yea when i picked batgirl he took every wake up flipkick cause he was trying to get the f2 set up. he shoots low arrows then when im in range he d2 to stop b2